Early Betting Line Against A&M

I am more on the optimistic side of it although recognizing they have a big advantage on the trenches.

Here are the 3 keys of the game for us

1- our OL. Mirabal/Mario must make their bread here against perhaps the 2nd most talented DL in the country (Bama#1). We must show a big improvement in both run blocking and most important pass
protection.
2 - Trust DL portal incoming talent will make the difference stopping their big boy power run ( looking at Jackson/Mesidor combo)
3 - air raid the living soul out of them .. WR MUST catch the ball and Mallory/Arroyo having career game

outside note - Steele will scheme the **** out of it

Advertisement
TAMU is our third game in the season. Finally, we're not opening with a strong opponent and then playing three cupcakes. We'll gel by then. **** FD and Vegas, Canes in a rout. This is now a "we rollin'" thread.

wheels GIF

We’ve gotten manhandled in games against the bamas and Clemsons for years now.

I think the confusion is based on this idea that Texas A&M has entered that echelon through some top recruiting classes and a hype machine

If A&M is an 8-4 team again this year, we should cover the spread.
Also in the equation is that Kyle Field is a very tough place to play. This will not be their 2008 team that we handled on that field relatively easily.

Advertisement
I am more on the optimistic side of it although recognizing they have a big advantage on the trenches.

Here are the 3 keys of the game for us

1- our OL. Mirabal/Mario must make their bread here against perhaps the 2nd most talented DL in the country (Bama#1). We must show a big improvement in both run blocking and most important pass
protection.
2 - Trust DL portal incoming talent will make the difference stopping their big boy power run ( looking at Jackson/Mesidor combo)
3 - air raid the living soul out of them .. WR MUST catch the ball and Mallory/Arroyo having career game

outside note - Steele will scheme the **** out of it
Don’t think you will see the impact of mario/mirabal that early especially against a team with the dline of A&M. Our best bet is the pass protection is holding up and our receivers can create consistent separation for TVD/Gattis, that will make them maybe put more people in coverage and that can allow us to mix it up with the run game. Pass to open up the run type of game

Advertisement
That’s a reasonable attitude to have, and I’m not saying we have a killer defensive line now, but our DLine talent base is significantly better than it was back in January.

Is it where it should be? Probably not, probably not even close. But from a depth and talent perspective we’re better off, how much better off is arguable, but we’re definitely better off. Also that’s just one position group I’m talking about.

But I agree with you, next year will be difficult because transition years are always difficult. it’s going to take some significant luck and maybe even some lucky bounces to get to 10 or 11 games.
Winning the coastal and beating FSU is the priority next year. Both are not gimmes, but they are fair expectations.

If we accomplish those two goals we’re probably, at least, a 9-win team. I’ll take that in year 1. I would prefer we look competitive against A&M and Clemson, but it won’t make or break our year either way.

Notre **** was supposed to run us over - top rated players - projected #1 draft picks - powerful OLine and Dline - gonna run a train over our narrow asses.

We were slinging the ball, showing multiple coverages - shutting down their run game - confusing the QB . . .

Doesn't matter how good their lines are - if you can take what they give you. No one can defend everything - to stiffen up one concern - leaves another weakness - look for it and take it.

Show one thing - do another. And just have fun! Our Miami guys are good under pressure - but they're phenomenal when relaxed and having fun.

Manny is gone!

Jimbo is always wound pretty tight - he is fairly emotional - we've all seen it. He gets furious easily - gets frustrated easily - and after Saban's comments - he was beside himself. Now when you know that . . . you get into his head. Throw him off! **** him off! Infuriate him!

During the warm-ups - someone bring a warmup boom box, and play "I want Candi" over and over again. While he's on the field.

His temper and psychological dislocation will interfere with pure, rational play calling.

And we'll beat his infuriated ***.

A&M is a windable game. I like being the underdog and we play historically better as underdogs. I don't know why everyone is treating them like Bama. Our players went into Bama without hope of winning. Listening to them talk in pressers for months pre season and then after it was clear they didn't think they could win that game at all. They were looking for moral victories before the game started.

I'm in board with the new staff more than any others over the last 20 years. But the mentality is this team seems to outlast coaching staffs. Fake tough and constantly embarrassed.

Truth is A&M should be a win for us. They've done nothing to say otherwise. They beat Bama but A&M and the state of Mississippi have been the the folks who can beat bama. They still end up losing to everyone else.

I think the players need confidence to break through. If we play close it won't be a moral victory. It won't be a sign we're heading in the right direction. Al Golden played Jimbo and FSU tough when they were good. Didn't mean $#!t.

We'll be an understog no matter what. It will be my first real sports bet. I plan to make a good deal of money.

Advertisement
Circa Sports, probably the sharpest cfb book in the US, has Miami +475 to win ACC. I saw +700 elsewhere.

+600 on DraftKings and offshore books.

We’re +100 on the over 8.5 season wins on DraftKings as of recently, -120 on the under.

Miami has no RT, our guards are suspect, we have trash at WR, we have the worst linebacker group in the country, and no DE’s. We’re still rolling with Ivey in the 2-deep if not starting.

Miami loses by 3 touchdowns similar to Alabama last year. This will take time to fix and the portal additions were nice, but some big misses at RT, LB, especially
Too bad we don't have the freedom to bet in this state online. CanesInSight $ issues would go away if could just take a slice of bets that originate here. We could start with me taking your 21 points.

We’re +100 on the over 8.5 season wins on DraftKings as of recently, -120 on the under.
Honestly, I don’t much understand this.

I’m as big of a realist (pessimist, around here) as you will find.

I’d have it flat 9, -110 each way. If I had to shade it, it’d be o8.5 -150.

Can’t see how or why it is shaded to 8 wins. I get the 1st year coaches typically underperform as compared to fan expectations, but this feels like a 9 win team.

Haven’t played it over 8.5 yet, but probably will.

Advertisement
Honestly, I don’t much understand this.

I’m as big of a realist (pessimist, around here) as you will find.

I’d have it flat 9, -110 each way. If I had to shade it, it’d be o8.5 -150.

Can’t see how or why it is shaded to 8 wins. I get the 1st year coaches typically underperform as compared to fan expectations, but this feels like a 9 win team.

Haven’t played it over 8.5 yet, but probably will.
Offshores are moving in favor of the over 8.5, I would have set it at 9 flat like you indicated. Being a single digit dog on the road @ A&M is a good sign imo.

Notre **** was supposed to run us over - top rated players - projected #1 draft picks - powerful OLine and Dline - gonna run a train over our narrow asses.

We were slinging the ball, showing multiple coverages - shutting down their run game - confusing the QB . . .

Doesn't matter how good their lines are - if you can take what they give you. No one can defend everything - to stiffen up one concern - leaves another weakness - look for it and take it.

Show one thing - do another. And just have fun! Our Miami guys are good under pressure - but they're phenomenal when relaxed and having fun.

Manny is gone!

Jimbo is always wound pretty tight - he is fairly emotional - we've all seen it. He gets furious easily - gets frustrated easily - and after Saban's comments - he was beside himself. Now when you know that . . . you get into his head. Throw him off! **** him off! Infuriate him!

During the warm-ups - someone bring a warmup boom box, and play "I want Candi" over and over again. While he's on the field.

His temper and psychological dislocation will interfere with pure, rational play calling.

And we'll beat his infuriated ***.
Just so we're clear, did you just reference a game where manny was our DC then imply things are looking up because manny is gone?

Advertisement
Back