DVD to FIU as CB coach

Advertisement
I think the way Mario handled the whole thing wasn’t great either…you don’t tell a guy you’re the next DB coach if you close on a kid. Now you’ve put yourself in a pickle.

He needed experience coaching regardless if he closed on Cormani or not.
dont disagree but part of the experience thing isnt his fault if we kept trying to pay bump him to stay off field vs going to USF or FIU or elsewhere last year. he loves UM and its home for him. I think it's unfair to blame that part on him. ive said we needed to fire addae last season and hire a top tier DB coach and have DVD learn. hes not gonna learn crap from addae. hope he succeeds at FIU and btw im completely fine w him leaving to go on field elsewhere if we dont have the opportunity here. similar to how beard was basically shifted into a pass game coordinator spot here in his first on field gig, I wouldn't want DVD being the sole DBC here either in his first real on Field opportunity. im fine w him being paired w a vet DBC (say a Raymond if were talking hypos) and learning

dont disagree but part of the experience thing isnt his fault if we kept trying to pay bump him to stay off field vs going to USF or FIU or elsewhere last year. he loves UM and its home for him. I think its unfair to blame that part on him
Agree with you here on the pay bump. We definitely wanted to keep him…but we wanted him for recruiting purposes. He thought he was ready, I don’t blame him. I also don’t blame him being a wee bit salty turning down jobs because he assumed he was next in line.

I probably came off as personally affected by him lol so I apologize, I just don’t appreciate the public and cryptic cries for attention on a social media platform. I hope he kills it at FIU and comes back in 2-3 years as a terrific coach, because he does love Miami

Agree with you here on the pay bump. We definitely wanted to keep him…but we wanted him for recruiting purposes. He thought he was ready, I don’t blame him. I also don’t blame him being a wee bit salty turning down jobs because he assumed he was next in line.

I probably came off as personally affected by him lol so I apologize, I just don’t appreciate the public and cryptic cries for attention on a social media platform. That’s childish. I hope he kills it at FIU and comes back in 2-3 years as a terrific coach, because he does love Miami
thats fair. as you said, Mario ****ed this whole situation up (as he did last year w the staff which I hope this is a fluke situation for Mario bc there were way too many staff building mistakes from a veteran HC that are rookie mistakes imo). dont promise recruits hes going on field if you come and then not anticipate guys getting ****ed behind the scenes if it doesn't happen ESPECIALLY when you still have an employed DB Coach who never got fired

Advertisement
He signed Khamauri Rogers, Chris Graves, and Jaden Harris which is the best cornerbacks class in years lmao.

He's also one of maybe 3 coaches (including Mario) who actually recruited this year, incredibly hard to close when you're not an on field coach. If Addae wasn't pure **** they could've closed.
That was T-Rob who landed those signees.

I’m surprised Addae is still on staff. I thought that maybe with Guidry coming on board and supposedly being a DB guru that maybe Addae would be let go and DVD might be “coach” in name with Guidry overseeing him.
DVD isn’t a good enough Coach for something like that to happen.

He needs more experience running a unit elsewhere before he can be handed over the reigns of handling CB’s by himself again.

Advertisement
He whiffed on cormani, his #1 job and priority. He's not ready to coach at this level yet. Time to move on, best for both sides, simple as that. Hope he kills it and comes back in a few years with a coaching pedigree and ability to close. Best of luck to him

Mario got beat for Cormani

My top 5 candidates:

1) Paul White;
2) Ryan McNeil;
3) Dexter Seigler;
4) Terris Harris;
5) Casey Greer.

In that order.

That was T-Rob who landed those signees.
So the cornerback coach had nothing to do with the best cb recruiting class in years? Come on man. Obviously, T-Rob helped and was probably even more responsible but to say DVD was "awful" is just factually incorrect....the players all loved both of those guys.

Advertisement
I’m surprised Addae is still on staff. I thought that maybe with Guidry coming on board and supposedly being a DB guru that maybe Addae would be let go and DVD might be “coach” in name with Guidry overseeing him.
Spoke to a couple DB and they all speak favorable of Addae. I dont know when the heel turn happened on the board because I checked out early last season but he is thought of decently from the players.

I will also say he has told the players also he is in learning phase with the defense because Guidry runs his stuff different and self proclaimed doesnt have a "coaching tree"..

So the cornerback coach had nothing to do with the best cb recruiting class in years? Come on man. Obviously, T-Rob helped and was probably even more responsible but to say DVD was "awful" is just factually incorrect....the players all loved both of those guys.
He was awful in the totality aspect of the job, being a Coach isn’t just recruiting.

And just because the players “loved” him doesn’t prove anything except that’s he’s a likable guy.

The CB performances in the 21 season were not good by any standard & what exactly has any of the recruits he allegedly signed actually done since they’ve been on campus for 2 years? Is Rogers still here? Is Graves starting? Has Harris found his place in the backfield yet? So even if you want to give him credit for that group, what has it actually amounted to?

I like DVD a lot personally, but truth is truth & the truth is, he hasn’t been that good at his job since he’s been here.

No one said he had “nothing” to do with it, but those kids don’t sign here without T Rob leading the charge there. DVD played his part, and I remember him specifically playing a huge role with Khaumari but make no mistake about it…T Rob was the reason. He also was the reason we had Fegans on board before our train wreck of a season.

Talk about T Robs coaching all you want, but after Raymond I can’t think of a better guy on the trail for DBs.

Advertisement
Mario got beat for Cormani
idk all the details and frankly dont care. But DVD's #1 job/priority was Cormani. Built a relationship with the kid and his mom for 2+ years and then Deion swoops in last minute and DVD loses him. I'm 100% sure there's a TON else that went on behind the scenes but bottom line, its a results business. You deliver or you dont. Yes Mario did get beat and deserves blame but if DVD wanted to be CB coach here, you land Cormani

idk all the details and frankly dont care. But DVD's #1 job/priority was Cormani. Built a relationship with the kid and his mom for 2+ years and then Deion swoops in last minute and DVD loses him. I'm 100% sure there's a TON else that went on behind the scenes but bottom line, its a results business. You deliver or you dont. Yes Mario did get beat and deserves blame but if DVD wanted to be CB coach here, you land Cormani
The “Details” were a guy in The Back Office should NEVER HAVE the responsibility of closing on the #1 Cb in America 🇺🇸. Do you really think a parent of a kid this caliber send their prodigy child there to be developed by the “runner”? Would you?
This “DVD whiffed on Cormani” is a JOKE and just flat out SLANDER. Deion closed, not Colorado Cb coach, if fact who is Colorado Cb coach? Where was Addee during the recruitment? Who took the picture with the “SHOE”? It was Mario’s recruitment and he couldn’t close against Prime.
Expecting DVD to close on Cromani is ridiculous, and anyone who believes otherwise is ridiculous as well, including Mario.

Last edited:
I guess Addae is the man now for CB recruiting.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

The “Details” were a guy in The Back Office should NEVER HAVE the responsibility of closing on the #1 Cb in America 🇺🇸. Do you really think a parent of a kid this caliber send their prodigy child there to be developed by the “runner”? Would you?
This “DVD whiffed on Cormani” is a JOKE and just flat out SLANDER. Deion closed, not Colorado Cb coach, if fact who is Colorado Cb coach? Where was Addee during the recruitment? Who took the picture with the “SHOE”? It was Mario’s recruitment and he couldn’t close against Prime.
Expecting DVD to close on Cromani is ridiculous, and anyone who believes otherwise is ridiculous as well, including Mario.
Uhh what do you think the guy's job in the back office was? His job was literally to recruit and his #1 priority who he spent 2+ years crooting was cormani... Does Mario deserve blame as well? Yes absolutely, as i already said, ultimately he's the HC. Mario and DVD were both responsible for cormani's recruitment and they both lost to Deion. But you think DVD just deserves a complete pass here? LOL

Advertisement
Back