DVD to FIU as CB coach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We had a weird situation with DVD. He gets a lot of credit for relating to recruits but he's dropped the ball on most of the big targets he's been on. I don't think that's all on him and I still believe he's a net positive for recruiting. What's more concerning is that he's been our main CB coach in practice for a few years and our CBs never improve. Eventually, I'd like to see them hire a legit CB coach and move on from Addae who's neither a great coach nor recruiter. Especially since Lance Guidry personally works with safeties. It may be too late to do that for the 2023 season but it's gotta get taken care of after this year.

Advertisement
We have to elevate our db recruiting. I thought dvd would be the guy to do that. I expect to see him back in a couple years but I hope we didn’t just lose a ton of momentum in 24 & 25 with his departure.

We had a weird situation with DVD. He gets a lot of credit for relating to recruits but he's dropped the ball on most of the big targets he's been on. I don't think that's all on him and I still believe he's a net positive for recruiting. What's more concerning is that he's been our main CB coach in practice for a few years and our CBs never improve. Eventually, I'd like to see them hire a legit CB coach and move on from Addae who's neither a great coach nor recruiter. Especially since Lance Guidry personally works with safeties. It may be too late to do that for the 2023 season but it's gotta get taken care of after this year.
This. He seems to really keep solid momentum but is left at the alter a lot to close. Shemar and Money being obvious examples

Maybe it is best he goes off and works more on his craft and closing skills and comes back.

Advertisement
We have to elevate our db recruiting. I thought dvd would be the guy to do that. I expect to see him back in a couple years but I hope we didn’t just lose a ton of momentum in 24 & 25 with his departure.
Doubtful. He got a timely opening at a smaller school that doesn’t have a bearing on who we target and even at that, Miami is Miami.

After CM I just didn’t see him being here much longer. Sometimes you can overplay your hand.

Advertisement
Back