DT Tywone Malone enters Portal

Malone hurts. But at this point he is all potential. Wish we could get him. But in 2 years we could easily be saying "Man the light just doesnt look like its going to go off."

Maybe something drastic shifts and he changes his mind.

Advertisement
The D-Line recruiting continues to be extremely frustrating. It just seems like we can’t get ANY elite DT’s to come here anymore, either in recruiting or the portal. At some point you have to start holding Joe accountable. It doesn’t matter how many elite edge guys you have because teams are going to run the ball right at the teeth of our D 30-40 times a game and we’re going to be helpless to stop it.
can’t blame a 20 year problem on 1 coach

There are a finite number of war daddies on planet earth...everyone wants them...even if you're war daddy adjacent you are going to be highly sought after.

Rose and Malone...both at different stages of development...but both are 300+ pounds with real move skills. When those types become available - no matter their stage of development - you're going to see a lot of competition for them on the market. But, from WE GETTING BOTH to we getting none is hard times. sheesh.

Advertisement
Do we have answers to these 2 questions: i) did we give him an ultimatum that his football offer precluded him playing baseball?; and ii) is OSU is letting him play baseball?; TIA

Advertisement
Miami taking it's shot at DT recruits...

Shooting Shoot Your Shot GIF
Best post of the day!!!

Advertisement
Shocked we couldn’t land anyone…. I know Mario isn’t the type to promise starting jobs (unless their that talented) but to look at this two deep and not say to yourself you should be seeing very extensive playing time is absurd…

They really must not believe in coach joes coaching or something

I’ll be honest , he could’ve started here and been a solid starter. But he’s tripping balls if he think he’s getting anywhere near the same burn at Ohio freaking State. I wouldn’t be shocked if they took him just to give the bird to Miami.
My thought exactly ... a reaction against Mario for having initially made overtures to Hartline for the OC job. Keep UM down any way they can.

Shocked we couldn’t land anyone…. I know Mario isn’t the type to promise starting jobs (unless their that talented) but to look at this two deep and not say to yourself you should be seeing very extensive playing time is absurd…

They really must not believe in coach joes coaching or something
You're going too deep .... $$$OSU to keep Malone from Miami ... nothing else.

Advertisement
Imma keep it a buck, I was firm on “I ain’t stressed, the after spring portal will treat us well at DT”…. But it appears the debbie downers screaming “why wait? We need players. Can’t bank on spring portal”… were right.

Mopes: 1
Believers off blind faith: 0
Found Footage Video GIF by Eternal Family

Advertisement
Back