DT Tywone Malone enters Portal

If we strike out at DT…someone needs to be held responsible. And I know y’all loooove the Samoan connections but man…we need to starting looking at what Joe has really done here with his position. Struck out with high schoolers besides a late snag in Horton, struck out in the portal besides Deen.

Something happened between Friday and today. Not sure what, but it’s not good. Same ol’ song and dance.
Maybe let JT recruit the DTs?

Advertisement
Gonna hold off before reacting

Truth is Malone isn’t a big deal. If he came here or not I really didn’t care.

He SHOULD be replaceable on our list

If we can’t do that then we may as well pack it in

I’m not gonna pretend like I’m not concerned though

Advertisement
Looks like we're going to have to pin our hopes on a grad transfer DT, who likely isn't even the portal until after graduation.

He’s not a mega slurper. That said - the Maude’s wish people wouldn’t stir it up on one side or the other. There’s plenty of good news and accomplishments. The vast majority don’t want it here.
I wasn't calling u for that.

I need to be more clear than making quick posts.

I know he isn't.

But at the same time, it does go both ways, that's why I said the war never ends with super slurps and super mopes.

Gotta purge em both equally.

All of the above could very well happen. I’m a huge believer in Guidry and what he can do for this defense. I expect a dramatic jump in havoc and overall production. And this is LT’s money year, it’s really now or never for the kid. As gifted as he is and can be, he goes missing for large chunks of games.

Playing time to high schoolers should matter, although DT is a tough position because these are 18-year olds going against 22/23 year-old grown men. The Malone saga makes me shake my head because unless it’s NIL or baseball, he’s going there to be a third stringer. It’s nothing against the kid, but everyone in Taint’s two deep post Spring ball is better. So Miami, a team that can offer significant playing time due to a lack of depth at the position and what we assume is a competitive NIL deal, is thought of as a lesser program…so much so that he’d rather ride the pine all 2023 and maybe crack the two-deep in 2024.

Maybe he’s not serious about football, idk. But however you want to look at it, the optics definitely don’t look good.

Yeah the Malone update is wild. At worst he’s 2nd string here playing significant snaps and in line for a starting job in 2024. OSU he’s likely fighting for third and no clear route to start in 2024.

With his situation (multiple left to play, talented but not quite starter ready) and our situation (don’t need starters but need backups and starters in 2024) it was such a perfect fit.

Yeah the Malone update is wild. At worst he’s 2nd string here playing significant snaps and in line for a starting job in 2024. OSU he’s likely fighting for third and no clear route to start in 2024.

With his situation (multiple left to play, talented but not quite starter ready) and our situation (don’t need starters but need backups and starters in 2024) it was such a perfect fit.
I’ll be honest , he could’ve started here and been a solid starter. But he’s tripping balls if he think he’s getting anywhere near the same burn at Ohio freaking State. I wouldn’t be shocked if they took him just to give the bird to Miami.

Advertisement

He goes to OSU ... could be in the portal again.

With the DTs we have now, I don't think Cristobal will be able to control TOP like he wants. Opponents will be able to run and chew up clock. We're going to need to score points. Missing on top WRs is going to sting even more.

BTW has anyone checked to see if Luis Cristobal played any DT in high school? We might have a spot for him now.

After the day we had yesterday...today must be a big day for you

The D-Line recruiting continues to be extremely frustrating. It just seems like we can’t get ANY elite DT’s to come here anymore, either in recruiting or the portal. At some point you have to start holding Joe accountable. It doesn’t matter how many elite edge guys you have because teams are going to run the ball right at the teeth of our D 30-40 times a game and we’re going to be helpless to stop it.

I’ll be honest , he could’ve started here and been a solid starter. But he’s tripping balls if he think he’s getting anywhere near the same burn at Ohio freaking State. I wouldn’t be shocked if they took him just to give the bird to Miami.

I didn’t want to go as far as automatic starter that’s why I went with “at worst” second string lol but yeah he could’ve pushed for a starting spot here.

Strange decision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe some of these players want guarantees Cristobal is refusing to give. Im just speculating btw, not giving the staff a cop out, (dont ban me). Dont think that should matter to Tywone though, if its playing time. He a FR. SO to be, but maybe he sees next year as is money year and bolt since it will be his 3rd. I have confidence in who we got now providing they stay healthy. Wish Horton could have made it for Spring.

Tcu and then some lower Sec teams like Ark and Mizzou. Places that fits him better imo. Quiet , country boy. That’s always been the vice I got. Maybe we circle back again but as of today it looks grim.
Yeah it figures. We need to make him another proposition. We need another rotational guy who can play.

Miami taking it's shot at DT recruits...

Shooting Shoot Your Shot GIF

Advertisement
Back