DT Tywone Malone enters Portal

Was this for the two DTs that now are not coming? @Cribby View attachment 237886
basketball miss GIF

Advertisement
We can’t close on elite/very good portal DTs for sure but there aren’t many of them and when they are in they are a hot commodity.

You do NOT want to have to rely on the transfer portal for DTs and OTs, we must recruit the HS kids better and we will (hopefully)
Exactly that's why I'm just reading to focus back on high school recruiting again for them trenches players

Advertisement
We can’t close on elite/very good portal DTs for sure but there aren’t many of them and when they are in they are a hot commodity.

You do NOT want to have to rely on the transfer portal for DTs and OTs, we must recruit the HS kids better and we will (hopefully)
And it’s going to require lots of $$$ because everyone wants the stud DTs

Not true.

Most of their DLine is unproven young guys.

Malone had the same production as one of their starters Ty Hamilton.

He’ll get plenty of reps, Oh ST DLine is not as stacked as it normally is, hence why they hit the Portal this year.
Wow surprising the recruit so well to ever be thin in the trenches

Advertisement
Gonna need a stud grad transfer DT to fall in our lap

Yeah that aint happening lol

I hope ya’ll are ready for the kid I was told could be another Elijah Kancey to play significant minutes come fall.

We missed the boat on some serious difference makers inside and we will have to lay in that bed come 4 months, buckle up.

Advertisement
We had RJ McIntosh, Kendrick Norton and Gerald Willis all on the same roster at one point. It hasn't been that long since we had star DTs.
It's amazing that the same coach who recruited those guys (Golden) was also the reason, "Can he play DT?," became a meme on this board.

<Shrug> Time is a flat circle.

true detective time GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why were we pursuing them?
Depth. And I understand we need depth. But any observation of their film tells you they are fair to middling. Similar to what we have.
No world beaters in that bunch and I would argue, probably not much different than the Iowa DB this year or the UCLA LB from last year.
So a loss is a loss, but these are not losses that should evoke the level of emotion that we are seeing. And that is my ultimate point. Let the emotional state match the loss.

Cormani McClain is a loss over which we can be emotional. That level of loss is not necessarily replaceable in the next recruiting class.

So we either didn't back-channel the dude thus not getting a head start on Ohio Taint, or we simply suck at back-channeling. The former is understandable. The latter is frustrating and begs the question what we cannot land quality DT (or WRs) in the Portal.

Last edited:
Not good, **** really needed a big time space eating DT
People keep saying this, but is it really true?

Not discounting not getting Malone. Our DT recruiting is a huge problem obviously

But I think the space eating DT part has been debunked a bit hasnt it?

Advertisement
Back