DT Tywone Malone enters Portal

Will be a massive miss. We need DTs desperately I am surprised we can’t close here given I’m sure Mario is heavily involved.

It’s not a massive miss if we get Rose. I wanted both, but if we get Rose, Malone is a miss but more on a check swing than a come out of your shoes and throw the bat into the stands type of miss.

If we get neither kid, that’s a tough scene.

Last edited:
Advertisement

back-to-the-future-doc-brown.gif

Not quite sure what happened late. Maybe it is the baseball thing.

By all accounts I had Ajay, Richard, Malone and Kirk done deals.

Advertisement
OSU is light years ahead of us on dl recruiting and you guys are attributing if he commits there to baseball? Larry Johnson daddy still over their coaching up DL/ If so if they offered a NJ kid they are hard to beat there.

Itw as smart to bring he and rose on a visit same time...puts pressure on both

Advertisement
OSU is light years ahead of us on dl recruiting and you guys are attributing if he commits there to baseball? Larry Johnson daddy still over their coaching up DL/ If so if they offered a NJ kid they are hard to beat there.

I mean kind of, yeah. It’s plausible. All what you said is true, but he’s a 2nd string, maybe even 3rd string there. Doesn’t really make sense unless he’s not that big into early playing time.

They’ve got Hamilton and Williams as starters easily, then Hero Kanu and Hall as solidified backups. Hall is more like 1B with Hamilton, both very productive. More I think about it, he’s definitely third string this season there.

We’ll find out shortly, but whatever the excuse or reason is, at the end of the day it’s a miss.

Emergency backup plan is convincing JHH to stay I guess.

This is where I’m at with it. Our only selling point is the depth chart and even with that our recent track record with DTs is not good.

Let's just go ahead and blame Gino for this
I will blame Gino for almost anything, but his team is top ten in the country and within striking distance of a national seed.

Not a big difference between Mario and Gino, both recruit well but struggle everywhere else. Except one of them actually wins.

So maybe there’s a big difference.

Advertisement
If he wants to play baseball and plans on playing it's pointless. He was a non-factor at Ole Miss and they attributed it to his time wasted sitting the bench all weekend. Never going to reach his potential.

If he's dropping baseball for football only.. pretty bad miss.
This. We're desperate for DT help so I'm not turning away a former top100 recruit but he's done almost nothing at Ole Miss for two years on the football field. He might just be a baseball player who also plays football. Now, if he ends up dropping baseball at OSU, it's a problem.

I will blame Gino for almost anything, but his team is top ten in the country and within striking distance of a national seed.

Not a big difference between Mario and Gino, both recruit well but struggle everywhere else. Except one of them actually wins.

I haven't really paid attention to baseball this year but a week or two ago I saw they were ranked and I was shocked. It felt like they were dropping 2 of 3 every weekend.

I haven't really paid attention to baseball this year but a week or two ago I saw they were ranked and I was shocked. It felt like they were dropping 2 of 3 every weekend.
They had two terrible weekends against elite teams on the road. They’ve responded incredibly well since, especially without their ace for 1/3 of the year.

Please stop making me defend Gino. I can feel my insides turning to liquid as if reacting to venom.

Advertisement
This. We're desperate for DT help so I'm not turning away a former top100 recruit but he's done almost nothing at Ole Miss for two years on the football field. He might just be a baseball player who also plays football. Now, if he ends up dropping baseball at OSU, it's a problem.
I don’t think you hold it against a player, a DT playing in the SEC at that, for having a quiet career his first two years.

Gino's team looks great when you look at the overall record, but they have gotten owned by any team with a pulse this year. National seed or not, I am not expecting much this postseason.

I mean kind of, yeah. It’s plausible. All what you said is true, but he’s a 2nd string, maybe even 3rd string there. Doesn’t really make sense unless he’s not that big into early playing time.

They’ve got Hamilton and Williams as starters easily, then Hero Kanu and Hall as solidified backups. Hall is more like 1B with Hamilton, both very productive. More I think about it, he’s definitely third string this season there.

We’ll find out shortly, but whatever the excuse or reason is, at the end of the day it’s a miss.

Emergency backup plan is convincing JHH to stay I guess.
Yea but he may be cool with that as they like you guys say allow him his baseball play more so....but why the **** wouldnt we allow him to play baseball as well?. I think he also has Bonsu his former teammmate up there......and also these kids are CLOUT CHASERS....OSU is an elite program that offer is seen as bigger than ours and they were on him since hs just like us and it seemed he wanted to go there since hs.

Either way im cool with it if we land rose. Jhh doesnt factor with Malone as they dont play the same position. JHH fctors in with Leonard Taylor and Deen as the 3 tech.

Advertisement
Back