DT Tywone Malone enters Portal

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks Rose or Malone starts over JHH really just like new toys lol. Wow! No one is taking JHH spot. Y’all really trying him lol. SMH. But hey, 4-5 DT rotation sounds really good.
This is so on point with the old Miami way of thinking, but it’s your opinion. Dude regressed last season, he is what he is at this point.

Anyone who thinks Rose or Malone starts over JHH really just like new toys lol. Wow! No one is taking JHH spot. Y’all really trying him lol. SMH. But hey, 4-5 DT rotation sounds really good.
He’s got a spot secured?

IMG_3368.jpeg

I put JHH above jag for sure...But no his spot shouldn't be secure either

I think the kid still can play in the NFL. Has had nice if unspectacular career here. Banged up last year. I don't think it's a lock nor should it be that he starts, but if you are asking me can he hold off Malone for this season I would bet yes. I do believe he is a lock for top 4 in the rotation. At this point it would shock

Top 4 in rotation
Taylor
JHH
Malone/Rose
Dean
----
Moten (could push for top group)
Gore
Lichenstein

And Bain or Mesidor gets snaps inside on passing downs

R.S. Horton and possibly Collins A. moving inside as well

Advertisement
I put JHH above jag for sure...But no his spot shouldn't be secure either

I think the kid still can play in the NFL. Has had nice if unspectacular career here. Banged up last year. I don't think it's a lock nor should it be that he starts, but if you are asking me can he hold off Malone for this season I would bet yes. I do believe he is a lock for top 4 in the rotation. At this point it would shock

Top 4 in rotation
Taylor
JHH
Malone/Rose
Dean
----
Moten (could push for top group)
Gore
Lichenstein

And Bain or Mesidor gets snaps inside on passing downs

R.S. Horton and possibly Collins A. moving inside as well
To me, he was uninspiring…but maybe we can chalk that up to being banged up. I think you’re selling Deen a bit short, and I expect him to perform better than both JHH and Malone. If we were to land them all, I’d go:

Taylor
Rose
Deen/Malone
JHH

But I do expect all of them to contribute, you just can’t rest on JHH and not add to the room. He’s done nothing to deserve being given a spot in the two deep.

Hot take just like you mentioned - I think Moten could push JHH by the end of the season. He had a great spring, and is still a pup.

Last edited:
JHH is a 3T. LT is a 3T.

JHH isn’t starting simply due to him not being better than the man in front of him. He only started in spring due to LT injury. Ole Miss & La Tech transfers are coming in to compete with Moten for the 1T (the D Jax role)… JHH is too small to fill that

Advertisement
JHH is a 3T. LT is a 3T.

JHH isn’t starting simply due to him not being better than the man in front of him. He only started in spring due to LT injury. Ole Miss & La Tech transfers are coming in to compete with Moten for the 1T (the D Jax role)… JHH is too small to fill that
JHH isn’t starting regardless lol. We know what he is at this point.

I think you guys are over-valuing JHH. He is what he is - a slightly better than JAG depth piece.

Both would start over JHH. Hopefully we land both.

I thought he would take a big step between years 2 and 3. Unfortunately he plateaued below the midpoint of a starting caliber ACC 3 tech. Not a bad player to have, but a liability against good offenses.

I think you guys are over-valuing JHH. He is what he is - a slightly better than JAG depth piece.

Both would start over JHH. Hopefully we land both.

He beat up a really good ND oline a few years ago. I thought he was on his way to super stardom.

He’s gone from almost was to ultra jag in 3-seasons.

Edit: I was thinking of RJ McIntosh (#80) who destroyed those clowns in 2017.

The only thing JHH has hit hard is the buffet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Where does Lichtenstein fit in? Are they playing him at SDE? I thought he was rotating in at 3 DT, as well?

This is so on point with the old Miami way of thinking, but it’s your opinion. Dude regressed last season, he is what he is at this point.
I will say I’m intrigued to see some of these guys in Guidrys defense, but yeah JHH has been ok. Flashes here and there but we should be able to upgrade.

Advertisement
To me, he was uninspiring…but maybe we can chalk that up to being banged up. I think you’re selling Deen a bit short, and I expect him to perform better than both JHH and Malone. If we were to land them all, I’d go:

Taylor
Rose
Deen/Malone
JHH

But I do expect all of them to contribute, you just can’t rest on JHH and not add to the room. He’s done nothing to deserve being given a spot in the two deep.

Hot take just like you mentioned - I think Moten could push JHH by the end of the season. He had a great spring, and is still a pup.
JHH at Edge?

When you go 5-7 no spot is ******* safe lmao

End the thread.

3 kids are starters on this team. Tyler Van Dyke, Kamren Kinchens, and Matt Lee. That's it. The other 19 positions, ain't nobody guaranteed a ******* thing. This team blew ape last year, not a soul beyond those 3 should feel remotely safe. And yes, that includes 20, 56, 3, and I purposely left out 7 too, cause I'm pretty certain he's starting in the slot but I hope somebody is coming to take his ******* cookies too.

End the thread.

3 kids are starters on this team. Tyler Van Dyke, Kamren Kinchens, and Matt Lee. That's it. The other 19 positions, ain't nobody guaranteed a ******* thing. This team blew ape last year, not a soul beyond those 3 should feel remotely safe. And yes, that includes 20, 56, 3, and I purposely left out 7 too, cause I'm pretty certain he's starting in the slot but I hope somebody is coming to take his ******* cookies too.

Cohen too, but I agree with your point.

Advertisement
Back