2024 Drelon Miller

Advertisement
This kid is probably my most wanted recruit on offense lol, jj is committed so I don’t really think the odds are over 50% there so im ignoring it unless we see a major shift.

I said it early in the thread, drelon would be wr2 in Florida and the gap between him and jj is much smaller than the gap between him and the others

I disagree about not getting mad re: WR and QBs. You can't pin all your hopes for getting those skill players on Dawson having a great offense. While he could be a great OC, he could also be another dud. Maybe he doesn't make the adjustment to P5 or just is a bad fit like Enos. Or maybe he is awesome and gets a HC offer after an outstanding season, and all the recruits who might be be interested don't like the uncertainty. We've seen both those things happen in the last few years.

So if either situation happens - we do it all over again and again, hoping the next OC is so good that he attracts top players, but not so good he gets offers to be a HC? One bad year of Gattis doesn't explain the struggle with QBs and WRs. It shouldn't be that difficult for a super recruiter coach to convince recruits last year was a one year aberration, especially if he has a track record of good offenses.

I hear part of that.

Let's go back in time though some. We've landed decent to good and even the rare offered by everyone QB and WR. We've yet to see the vast majority of them live up to their 4 star ranking with offers from everyone.

That's through a bunch of coaches, head and assistant. We just haven't gotten the production and jobs were lost.

We've been the poster child for the place where talent goes and dies. On paper, we should've been better than our record indicates season after season.

We'll get guys. Will they be elite, can't miss types? Probably not UNLESS we do what RVA says.

Out wishlist at those positions is higher than our current position in the college football landscape. So we've gotta show something, then maybe those sky high aspirations on the recruiting front materialize.

The problems haven't been the Joe's, but the X's and O's. We get more out of who we've got, who we'll land, move up in the wins and losses charts, then our odds increase with those every school in the land wants. Right now though, it's an uphill battle, but you keep plugging away. The elite schools aren't going to just give up those can't miss prospects.

If i had a highly ranked kid I would never let him sign with

Coker- deer in headlights
Golden- used car salesman
Shannon- job was too big for him
Richt (only because of age- but besides that he was one of my favorite coaches- just such a quality person)
Diaz- son of a politician- don’t trust any of them.

Mario i would. Especially with the new coaching staff.

Im bias because I know the Smith family my whole life (same island in the bahamas were from).

But its just natural at wr for him. It just looks easy...like hes just chilling meanwhile cooking folks.

An older bro that plays the position in college..an older cousin thats a long time nfl vet and the genes (bahamian family of athletes)...i said he would be a big time player by his sr year in high school when he was 11 and look at it. He has all the tools to be a real good one. Not even mad if he sticks with Osu...but want him n green n orange lol
My people from the Bluff, Eleuthera. Smith’s. Courtesy of John Smith. Rolle’s and the Bain’s.

Advertisement
If i had a highly ranked kid I would never let him sign with

Coker- deer in headlights
Golden- used car salesman
Shannon- job was too big for him
Richt (only because of age- but besides that he was one of my favorite coaches- just such a quality person)
Diaz- son of a politician- don’t trust any of them.

Mario i would. Especially with the new coaching staff.

Richt is the most frustrating miss of the entire bunch. Had he just relinquished play calling duties to someone like Lashlee instead of forcing the fanbase to accept his unqualified son as QB coach and calling plays from the 80's he'd have handed the program over to someone qualified (possibly Mario) and we'd be fighting for championships by now.

Instead. He left with leverage to suggest a suitable replacement, Blake busted a nut in his shorts to hire Manny back and well... the rest is sh*tstory. Here we are staring another 2 years of rebuilding in the f*cking face.

*Im sorry for contributing to the derailment of this thread. Seeing that list of horrible coaches triggered me... as a young boy I became a fan of Miami the night Willis Mcgahee tore his knee to shreds... I dont even know what it's like to cheer for Miami as a national power. I just have to believe what you Old Heads tell me lol

Last edited:
This kid is probably my most wanted recruit on offense lol, jj is committed so I don’t really think the odds are over 50% there so im ignoring it unless we see a major shift.

I said it early in the thread, drelon would be wr2 in Florida and the gap between him and jj is much smaller than the gap between him and the others
Approve South Park GIF

Advertisement
Good lord.

“Miller is an outside guy who stands at 6-foot-2, 198-pounds and went for 1401 yards and 21 touchdowns as a junior while intercepting a pair of passes on defense.”

Give me Chance, Drelon, and Jerrae call it a day. Anything else is a cherry on top.

Good lord.

“Miller is an outside guy who stands at 6-foot-2, 198-pounds and went for 1401 yards and 21 touchdowns as a junior while intercepting a pair of passes on defense.”

Give me Chance, Drelon, and Jerrae call it a day. Anything else is a cherry on top.
If I had this option as in the bag versus a 50/50 shot on Trader and Smith on signing day, I’m taking the former.

Need to make this happen any way possible. Them Texas WR come out ready to go thanks to the schemes a lot of those high schools run. Crazy to think he put up numbers like that in Texas and is only just recently focusing on football like that. Just going to keep getting better. My favorite prospect on that side of the ball this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back