2024 Drelon Miller

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love this kid.. I haven’t seen a wr better in Texas in 10 years..
IIRC isn’t he just really starting to focus on football now after playing basketball most of his life? If so, that’s a scary thought of what he can be in the future

I would really beat off if we are able to snag this kid. He has to see the opportunity to come in and be the guy
The only 2 OV's he has scheduled before he commits on June 29th are to us and USC.
Yup str8 head to head and he genuinely like Dawson's offense and him as a coach. Not sure what else @1murhurricane says is factoring but lord please make it happen. I remember last year i was heading to Lake Worth beach on July 4th when Francis popped after all the Tennessee chest thumping. Hopefully more fire works.

IIRC isn’t he just really starting to focus on football now after playing basketball most of his life? If so, that’s a scary thought of what he can be in the future
Yeah.. comes from a family of athletes but mostly basketball players. He didn’t take the wr position seriously until like a year or so ago. Still learning

Yeah.. comes from a family of athletes but mostly basketball players. He didn’t take the wr position seriously until like a year or so ago. Still learning
All In Crypto GIF

Advertisement
He is Tejas’ version of JoJo….

With far more impressive junior highlights and way better numbers. No matter where they end up signing, I personally like Miller > Trader.

Miller in 2022 (receiving only): 59 catches, 1,401 yards, 23.7 YPC, 21 TD's

Trader in 2022 (receiving only): 47 catches, 473 yards, 10 YPC, 7 TD's

If we can somehow beat out USC for Miller considering their coach’s offensive track record, their stud QB of the future (Malachi Nelson), and their willingness to spend big to acquire elite talent, then that would immediately dispel my long-running concerns about WR recruiting.

Dawson appears to be the main attraction. He was a fan of UH’s offense and Tank Dell’s productivity and a big reason why he is attracted to Dawson/UM. Claims UH would have been one of his top choices had Dawson stayed there. Also likes Beard.

Dawson?

I think you mean Holgerson. Everyone on this board knows that Dawson wasn’t even calling plays in 2022.

Dawson appears to be the main attraction. He was a fan of UH’s offense and Tank Dell’s productivity and a big reason why he is attracted to Dawson/UM. Claims UH would have been one of his top choices had Dawson stayed there. Also likes Beard.

I think you drop big $ on this kid and sell him on being your #1 the moment he steps on campus. No, he isn’t a slot like Dell but Dawson has shown that he feeds his horses. A long shot with USC appearing to be the favorite and a proven offensive system but I know we won’t lose this kid due to effort. Let’s hope that he wants to go somewhere where his chances of being “the man” in that WR room are much greater than doing that at SC due to all of the offensive weapons they have/targets.

If we land him/Wingo, I honestly don’t give a **** who else we land at WR. Either one of those guys increases the number in our W column and greatly increases the ceiling of this team. With Robinson already in the fold, anyone on top of those 2 is just a bonus for me personally.
Agree. A combo of Miller and Robinson is a better duo than anything we’ve had in a long time at WR. Guys like Staley or Hawkins would really round out the room at a blue chip level.

Advertisement
Yes regarding SC. Kingsbury and Lincoln are formidable to say the least
Is this an up the bag from USC type visit or are we a real threat in your opinion?

Is NIL the main thing for him? Scheme? Relationships?

Last edited:
Agree. A combo of Miller and Robinson is a better duo than anything we’ve had in a long time at WR. Guys like Staley or Hawkins would really round out the room at a blue chip level.
I think WR recruiting may shock us this cycle. We seem to be big game hunting. Either that or we’re going to completely whiff. So far we only have the following scheduled for OVs:

Miller
Hawkins
Staley
Robinson
JJ Smith

Wingo is supposedly OV in fall. It’s been real quiet with Jojo 👀 and yesterday OnCheeks reported we’re still trying to flip Mylan Graham. Aside from those guys or taking Odom/Duff as a WR we really don’t hear much about any other receivers.

With far more impressive junior highlights and way better numbers. No matter where they end up signing, I personally like Miller > Trader.

Miller in 2022 (receiving only): 59 catches, 1,401 yards, 23.7 YPC, 21 TD's

Trader in 2022 (receiving only): 47 catches, 473 yards, 10 YPC, 7 TD's

If we can somehow beat out USC for Miller considering their coach’s offensive track record, their stud QB of the future (Malachi Nelson), and their willingness to spend big to acquire elite talent, then that would immediately dispel my long-running concerns about WR recruiting.
Trader is what, 2nd option on Chaminade? I do think Miller is better but its not because of his numbers

Advertisement
Trader is what, 2nd option on Chaminade? I do think Miller is better but its not because of his numbers
I'm not sure it's him being a 2nd option either. It's only a 12 catch difference between the two. JoJo wouldnt of hit a 1000 yards even if you doubled his catches based off that. Im assuming he was just used on screens or short yardage plays in general.

I agree. Wasn't throwing out the numbers to overemphasize HS production, but felt the drastic disparity in yards/YPC/TD's given their similar reception totals was at least worth mentioning as one of many reference points comparing the two.

Miller's highlights show a different level of YAC and separation ability, even if they are just Hudl clips and not full game film. Seeing how Miller can high-point in contested situations so effectively at his size, with his athleticism, and with his all-around skill set makes him a weapon at all levels of the field. We're fighting USC (Lincoln Riley) and LSU (an elite WR factory in recent years) for Miller whereas our top competition for Trader appears to be OSU, where he'd be the 3rd best WR in their class, and FSU.

Trader being the #2 option on his own HS team could be seen a couple of different ways. Either he'll be primed to explode if given the chance to be the alpha weapon in a passing game or the clear disparity between Trader and Smith at Chaminade is because Smith is truly elite and the gap in talent between them is much wider than the rankings currently indicate.

Last edited:
I agree. Wasn't throwing out the numbers to overemphasize HS production, but felt the drastic disparity in yards/YPC/TD's given their similar reception totals was at least worth mentioning as one of many reference points comparing the two.

Miller's highlights show a different level of YAC and separation ability, even if they are just Hudl clips and not full game film. Seeing how Miller can high-point in contested situations so athletically at his size, with his athleticism, and with his all-around skill set makes him a weapon at all levels of the field. We're fighting USC (Lincoln Riley) and LSU (an elite WR factory in recent years) for Miller whereas our top competition for Trader appears to be OSU, where he'd be the 3rd best WR in their class, and FSU.

Trader being the #2 option on his own HS team could be seen a couple of different ways. Either he'll be primed to explode if given the chance to be the alpha weapon in a passing game or the clear disparity between Trader and Smith at Chaminade is because Smith is truly elite and the gap in talent between them is much wider than the rankings currently indicate.
Trader is not as high on OSU board as we would think. I was reading about their WR targets yesterday on 247 and they have atleast Elijah Moore and Jeremiah McClellan above him

I'm not sure it's him being a 2nd option either. It's only a 12 catch difference between the two. JoJo wouldnt of hit a 1000 yards even if you doubled his catches based off that. Im assuming he was just used on screens or short yardage plays in general.

Exactly. Trader is a much more explosive weapon than his usage at Chaminade would seem to indicate, but it's not like Miller is just running 9 routes. He's routinely making the first defender(s) miss on slants, WR screens, and hitches before exploding past everyone and making house calls as well as burning corners over the top with his vertical speed.

And my intent here isn't to downplay Trader. It's merely to emphasize just how massive a win it would be for us to land Miller over USC and LSU. Miller has the talent to be a legit, bonafide WR1 who gives us a caliber of weapon we haven't had athletically on the outside in the last decade other than freshman year Ahmmon Richards.

Advertisement
Back