DP is a beast

Very good player, 3rd rounder IMO. Spence > perryman for me

Tough call. I love Spence. Not taking a single thing away from what he did here. Just going to hold off until after this year. DP has gone through injuries and body changes, I think he is finally to a spot physically and mentally where he is ready. Just my opinion though. Spence was one of those rare guys that just brings it from day 1 and never stops.

Advertisement
He'll definitely get drafted but it won't be anywhere near the spot that many of our fans think he will. He's not a 1st rounder no matter what kind of year he has. Too short and too much of a liability in pass coverage.

He's still (currently) my favorite Cane though.

I'm not sure where "our fans" think he will get drafted. I personally think he will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I guess if you are TheClownShow...he would be a UDFA. But most of us don't share his point of view.

Last edited:
Here's a few NFL facts. Of the top 100 NFL players for 2013 (voted by their peers), 4 are 6 ft or under LB's. London Fletcher(86) is actually 5'10", Lance Briggs (83), Stephen Tulloch (63) and NaVorro Bowman (37). Out of the top 100 there are a total of 9 true LB's, so about 45% are 6ft or under.

But you're right. 6ft LB's don't have any business in the NFL anymore.

If 6'0 and under LBs have business being in the NFL then why has every single team but two passed on them over 600 times in the last 3 drafts? Could it be the game is evolving? Nah, that can't be it.

Or could it be that the ones that are 6ft and under aren't as good or even in the same league as DP. and inch or 2 really doesn't make a difference for a linebacker. It's the reach and athletic ability that matters. If you've played the game you would know that sometimes a 6-2 guy plays 6ft an sometimes a 6ft guy plays 6-2. Your looking way to much into that height thing. Like the other gentlemen said he's already ranked as the number 1 ILB next year.

In the last three drafts (2014, 2013, 2012) a grand total of two linebackers 6'0 and under have been drafted.

Anyone who thinks Perryman is "definitely" getting drafted is beyond misinformed about the NFL and the NFL Draft.

24 out of 25 6'0 and under linebackers remained undrafted as of pick 112.

Dude has an absolutely massive uphill battle to get drafted. This is fact.

Maybe those 24 undrafted linebackers sucked.

With Denzel we have a beast.

He is not undersized. Sean Spence was/is undersized.
Perryman is 245lbs with not 1 lb of bad weight. He's a workout warrior who is going to test extremely well. I wouldn't be surprised if he is, not only the strongest linebacker at next year's combine, but one of the strongest players regardless of position.
He's going to be one of the fastest linebackers in next year's draft at 4.5-4.6 in the 40.

And he will have 4 years of tape.
He won't be some one year wonder.

And your only knock on him is that he's 6 feet.

If this draft shows anything, it's shown that NFL GM's are embracing the Pete Carroll evaluation method, which is really the Jimmy Johnson method: is the prospect a hard nosed football player?

Well, DP is a true football player, who will also have ideal measurables in every physical category and drill, except one, his height, and because of 2-3 inches you think he won't get drafted?

You are fuucking high, and I'll bet you $1000 right now that DP gets drafted.

DP will get drafted... Unless he improves on his pass coverage he'll be a 4th rounder at best... I also think he's a step slower with some of the added weight running in the high 4.7's to low 4.8's... He'll make a team and he'll definitely get drafted... He can play but his pas coverage is suspect... I also would like to see more tls from him... That being said, there's no doubt he's a beast...

Advertisement
Got him as a first rounder....... Before he balls out this year. He can improve it if he shows better coverage skills this year in the middle. I think he will.

Second or third rounder. Reminds me of London Fletcher. He will be a great pro IMO.

Second or third rounder. Reminds me of London Fletcher. He will be a great pro IMO.

He hits way harder than London. Will get less tackles but more big plays than London. IMO.

Still a good comparison. I think he is more of a Sam Mills. Who was a Pro Bowler.

Advertisement
In the last three drafts (2014, 2013, 2012) a grand total of two linebackers 6'0 and under have been drafted.

Anyone who thinks Perryman is "definitely" getting drafted is beyond misinformed about the NFL and the NFL Draft.

**** your retarded..

We always over-rate our players on here. Always. I'm guilty of doing it with Linder. Many people in this site pegged Perryman as a 1st rounder. I think his lack of height/length keeps him out of the 1st round. Those traits are liabilities in pass coverage.

Well you're just a fkn expert aren't you? How many of these "undersized" linebackers that you speak of played at the level that DP does?

DP is definitely get drafted. Let's see how much you're ready to talk about your expert opinion this time next year. "Massive uphill battle..." GTFOH. You being so sure of yourself makes you sound absolutely stupid. clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

ClownShow...where you at homie? What do you have to say about Denzel (5' 10 1/2") getting drafted in the 2nd round? Massive uphill battle right?

Advertisement
We always over-rate our players on here. Always. I'm guilty of doing it with Linder. Many people in this site pegged Perryman as a 1st rounder. I think his lack of height/length keeps him out of the 1st round. Those traits are liabilities in pass coverage.

Turns out we weren't really over-rating Linder. And Perryman was a potential late 1st rounder. I Think a lot of people on here were underrating Ereck Flowers, and maybe over-rating Duke, but I think the only reason he fell to the 3rd round was because this draft class at RB is the best its been in years.

One guy I think we all overrated was Stacy Coley. He's got great potential, but last year, he absolutely sucked. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to be drafted.

Advertisement
Back