DP is a beast

In the last three drafts (2014, 2013, 2012) a grand total of two linebackers 6'0 and under have been drafted.

Anyone who thinks Perryman is "definitely" getting drafted is beyond misinformed about the NFL and the NFL Draft.

24 out of 25 6'0 and under linebackers remained undrafted as of pick 112.

Dude has an absolutely massive uphill battle to get drafted. This is fact.

Hate to keep beating a dead horse but...

With in the first 4 rounds and total of 4 LB's 6'0" or under (2 under 6ft) have been drafted. Not sure where this guy gets his stats from.

Kevin Pierre-Louis - 6'1
Prince Shembo - 6'1
Telvin Smith - 6'3
Lamin Barrow - 6'1
Ronald Powell - 6'3
Devon Kennard - 6'3

Khalil Mack - 6'3
Anthony Barr - 6'5
Ryan Shazier - 6'1
C. J. Mosley - 6'2
Marcus Smith - 6'3
Kyle Van Noy - 6'3
Trent Murphy - 6'5
Jeremiah Attaochu - 6'3
Christian Kirksey - 6'2
Preston Brown - 6'1
Chris Borland - 5'11
Anthony Hitchens - 6'1
Carl Bradford - 6'1
Khairi Fortt - 6'2
Avery Williamson - 6'1

There's your information. It's not difficult to look up.

Advertisement
Here's a few NFL facts. Of the top 100 NFL players for 2013 (voted by their peers), 4 are 6 ft or under LB's. London Fletcher(86) is actually 5'10", Lance Briggs (83), Stephen Tulloch (63) and NaVorro Bowman (37). Out of the top 100 there are a total of 9 true LB's, so about 45% are 6ft or under.

But you're right. 6ft LB's don't have any business in the NFL anymore.

If 6'0 and under LBs have business being in the NFL then why has every single team but two passed on them over 600 times in the last 3 drafts? Could it be the game is evolving? Nah, that can't be it.

Im sorry but if you honestly think that DP isn't going to get drafted, you are the one who doesn't know anything about the NFL draft. And I love how you bring in the stat that theyve been passed up 600 times acting as if every single team needed a linebacker and that each team made the valid decision to pass on them every single one of those picks.

You also have the stat that only 2 linebackers under 6' have been drafted the last three drafts but that has more to do with there just being less players that are that short as opposed to guys being passed up. Look at all the linebackers who were under 6' and were "passed up" as you are saying, and please tell me if you honestly think any of them have the talent that DP has. Over the last few years one of the best linebackers under 6' was Chris Borland from this years draft who someone pointed out earlier. He got drafted in the 3rd round, and although he is a great player, DP is much more athletic and has much more upside than him.

And also, lets not forget that the draft advisory board gave DP a third round grade this past year. But youre right, they were probably lying to him and he most likely wont get drafted at all

80 LBs taken in the last 3 years, two 6'0 and under. A rock solid 2.5%, but yeah he's a lock.

And lol at using draft grades and projections a year before a player is in the draft. Those never, ever change.

Like i said though, those stats you are using are just stupid stats because majority of linebackers are taller than 6' so of course the amount of guys shorter than that is going to be small but keep finding these useless stats and try to use them to prove something.

I have to bring it up again though, Chris Borland is under 6'. Can you please explain to me why he was drafted in the third round. According to you, that just doesnt make sense. Why would a team ever do such a thing?

Also, another linebacker under 6' was taken in this years draft. So far there has been 5 ILBs taken in the draft. 2 are 5'11", two are 6'1" and one is 6'2". And when you really look at it, there really isnt much difference between a 6' player and a 6'1" player. Just something to look at with this seasons draft.

And i wasnt just using some random draft projection. It was a projection by the NFL. The future EMPLOYER of the player. So yes, i think you can definitely look at it. And you bring up that it is a year before and that things can change, which obviously is true, but that would mean you are assuming the Denzel is going to get extremely worse this year or have an injury that would somehow drop him completely out of the draft, which i think is a pretty improbable assumption. But if thats what you are going to base your opinion on, then thats fine. But since we are now just assuming things, I think that Thurston Armbrister is going to have an amazing year this season and get drafted in the top 15. And hes 6'3" so thats tall enough for you right?

Linebacker has become such a specialized position, he will flourish in the NFL if he stays healthy.

By far the most important player we have had return since Golden has been here. Most everyone thought he was long gone after the season. Consider not only his talent, but our linebackers are very inexperienced around him. He is the leader and the heart of the D. Not only that, but physically we are going to see a guy that will be a man amongst boys, and that's how you win games. It seems like lately we have watched these guys get right to the tipping point of their careers, only to leave for the NFL and have their best years. We lucked out here, bigtime. Physically and mentally, this will be one of the toughest and most talented guys around. I expect a HUGE season.

He's going to struggle to even get drafted, let alone "Flourish" in the NFL. Too small to play the position now, teams want huge LBs to be able to match up with these hybrid TEs in the pass game.

Just look at the LBs that have been drafted so far this year: 6'3, 6'5, 6'1, 6'2, 6'3, 6'3, 6'5, 6'3, 6'2.

He might have a better chance at a long NFL being an Earl Thomas type. Teams don't want undersize LBs anymore, it's just not the way the league is defending.

Good ******* grief.

Well said Jhall.

In the last three drafts (2014, 2013, 2012) a grand total of two linebackers 6'0 and under have been drafted.

Anyone who thinks Perryman is "definitely" getting drafted is beyond misinformed about the NFL and the NFL Draft.

Ok man, now I really have to call you out. Where are you getting your info from? You say only 2 LB's 6'0 or under in that last 3 drafts have been drafted. NFL.com disagrees with you. Have a look yourself. And please STFU after you read the true facts about a "massive uphill battle" to make it to the NFL.

2014 draft - 6 total. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracker#dt-by-round-input:4/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

2013 draft - 4 total. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

2012 draft - 5 total. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-by-round-input:1/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:lb

Last edited:
15 LB's at 6'0" or shorter drafted in the last 3 NFL drafts. Clearly Denzel doesn't stand a chance at getting drafted since he is only 6ft tall. Poor guy, sucks for him.

Advertisement
So dude still doesn't want to discuss the Earl Thomas part?

I guess I wouldn't either

Y'all are a joke.

Denzel is a beast. When he hits people they go down hard. He has to be one of the hardest hitters in football.

Advertisement
Linebacker has become such a specialized position, he will flourish in the NFL if he stays healthy.

By far the most important player we have had return since Golden has been here. Most everyone thought he was long gone after the season. Consider not only his talent, but our linebackers are very inexperienced around him. He is the leader and the heart of the D. Not only that, but physically we are going to see a guy that will be a man amongst boys, and that's how you win games. It seems like lately we have watched these guys get right to the tipping point of their careers, only to leave for the NFL and have their best years. We lucked out here, bigtime. Physically and mentally, this will be one of the toughest and most talented guys around. I expect a HUGE season.

He's going to struggle to even get drafted, let alone "Flourish" in the NFL. Too small to play the position now, teams want huge LBs to be able to match up with these hybrid TEs in the pass game.

Just look at the LBs that have been drafted so far this year: 6'3, 6'5, 6'1, 6'2, 6'3, 6'3, 6'5, 6'3, 6'2.

He might have a better chance at a long NFL being an Earl Thomas type. Teams don't want undersize LBs anymore, it's just not the way the league is defending.

Mr. Jeff Ireland, how is Seattle treating you?

I only see one QB under six feet each of the last three years but one is a super bowl champion. Short players with exceptional talent get drafted.

He'll definitely get drafted but it won't be anywhere near the spot that many of our fans think he will. He's not a 1st rounder no matter what kind of year he has. Too short and too much of a liability in pass coverage.

He's still (currently) my favorite Cane though.

Advertisement
Fairly certain he's been quoted as saying he stayed in school to grow another inch.

Advertisement
Linebacker has become such a specialized position, he will flourish in the NFL if he stays healthy. By far the most important player we have had return since Golden has been here. Most everyone thought he was long gone after the season. Consider not only his talent, but our linebackers are very inexperienced around him. He is the leader and the heart of the D. Not only that, but physically we are going to see a guy that will be a man amongst boys, and that's how you win games. It seems like lately we have watched these guys get right to the tipping point of their careers, only to leave for the NFL and have their best years. We lucked out here, bigtime. Physically and mentally, this will be one of the toughest and most talented guys around. I expect a HUGE season.
He's going to struggle to even get drafted, let alone "Flourish" in the NFL. Too small to play the position now, teams want huge LBs to be able to match up with these hybrid TEs in the pass game. Just look at the LBs that have been drafted so far this year: 6'3, 6'5, 6'1, 6'2, 6'3, 6'3, 6'5, 6'3, 6'2. He might have a better chance at a long NFL being an Earl Thomas type. Teams don't want undersize LBs anymore, it's just not the way the league is defending.
Sumdumgoy knows Dum Dum swag when he reads it

Lolol he had a freaking 3rd round grade THIS year. NFL draft scout.com has DP ranked as the 2nd best inside backer in 2015 and you dont think he'll get drafted?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119844&draftyear=2015&genpos=OLB

Last edited:
I don't understand why we haven't heard back from TheClownShow...odd really, he was so certain that 6ft LB's can't make it in the NFL these days.

He'll definitely get drafted but it won't be anywhere near the spot that many of our fans think he will. He's not a 1st rounder no matter what kind of year he has. Too short and too much of a liability in pass coverage.

He's still (currently) my favorite Cane though.
Not sure I've seen any of our fans say he would be a first rounder. Pretty clear he won't be.

Advertisement
Back