DP is a beast

Hstokes1447

Junior
DP moving to the middle is going to be huge for this defense. The upgrade he will be over Gaines is so big I don't even know if there is a word to describe it.

[video=youtube;FfSa4V15324]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfSa4V15324[/video]

Video of the President squatting 585

[video]http://instagram.com/p/kR7s0XwMrI/[/video]

Advertisement
This guy is going to walk right into the NFL in the right system and make an impact from the start. Only negative they should have on him is his size, and its not like guys who around 6'0 at LB never panned out before. Just gotta get him in the right fit.

Advertisement
This guy is going to walk right into the NFL in the right system and make an impact from the start. Only negative they should have on him is his size, and its not like guys who around 6'0 at LB never panned out before. Just gotta get him in the right fit.

Linebacker has become such a specialized position, he will flourish in the NFL if he stays healthy.

By far the most important player we have had return since Golden has been here. Most everyone thought he was long gone after the season. Consider not only his talent, but our linebackers are very inexperienced around him. He is the leader and the heart of the D. Not only that, but physically we are going to see a guy that will be a man amongst boys, and that's how you win games. It seems like lately we have watched these guys get right to the tipping point of their careers, only to leave for the NFL and have their best years. We lucked out here, bigtime. Physically and mentally, this will be one of the toughest and most talented guys around. I expect a HUGE season.

the only knock on him is his height, if he was a little taller he would probably be going in the first round, as of right now he is a second day guy, now if he has a beast season that might change

Linebacker has become such a specialized position, he will flourish in the NFL if he stays healthy.

By far the most important player we have had return since Golden has been here. Most everyone thought he was long gone after the season. Consider not only his talent, but our linebackers are very inexperienced around him. He is the leader and the heart of the D. Not only that, but physically we are going to see a guy that will be a man amongst boys, and that's how you win games. It seems like lately we have watched these guys get right to the tipping point of their careers, only to leave for the NFL and have their best years. We lucked out here, bigtime. Physically and mentally, this will be one of the toughest and most talented guys around. I expect a HUGE season.

He's going to struggle to even get drafted, let alone "Flourish" in the NFL. Too small to play the position now, teams want huge LBs to be able to match up with these hybrid TEs in the pass game.

Just look at the LBs that have been drafted so far this year: 6'3, 6'5, 6'1, 6'2, 6'3, 6'3, 6'5, 6'3, 6'2.

He might have a better chance at a long NFL being an Earl Thomas type. Teams don't want undersize LBs anymore, it's just not the way the league is defending.

Short of a bad injury, I have a hard time believing that DP will 'struggle to even get drafted.'

Advertisement

He's going to struggle to even get drafted, let alone "Flourish" in the NFL. Too small to play the position now, teams want huge LBs to be able to match up with these hybrid TEs in the pass game.

Just look at the LBs that have been drafted so far this year: 6'3, 6'5, 6'1, 6'2, 6'3, 6'3, 6'5, 6'3, 6'2.

He might have a better chance at a long NFL being an Earl Thomas type. Teams don't want undersize LBs anymore, it's just not the way the league is defending.

Good ******* grief.

Didn't Chris Borland get drafted from Wisconsin yesterday and he was like 5'10-5'11?

DP will definitely get drafted.

And WTF are you talking Earl Thomas for?

i agree with the draft part and disagree with the flourish part, he has all the tangibles to be a very good LB in the NFL

i agree with the draft part and disagree with the flourish part, he has all the tangibles to be a very good LB in the NFL

Maybe flourish isn't exactly the word I should use. I don't want that to be confused with Pro-Bowl type or that stuff, although it's certainly possible. DC's in the NFL know how to use LB's. Look at how some of our LB's have done in the NFL that didn't play as good as DP in college. Size of course is a huge part of it, but DP has instincts and that translates into plays made in the NFL. Teams don't put everything just on the measurable statistics. Not to mention, he is a Miami kid, and NFL teams know that we translate better to the NFL.

Advertisement
If he was taller this would be a thread congratulating him on being drafted. Since he is not it is a thread about how good he will be this year for us, then get drafted, and do fairly well in the league.

I don't think any of that is a stretch.

Barring injury, the only struggle he will have is not killing someone when he hits them.

To me he's Jon beason 2.0. Very few of us thought beast would be a first rounder. And I am almost sure he is 6"0. I know DJ is only 6"0.5. My point is to say he won't get drafted is stupid. He can easily be a 2nd round pick if he balls out this year.

In the last three drafts (2014, 2013, 2012) a grand total of two linebackers 6'0 and under have been drafted.

Anyone who thinks Perryman is "definitely" getting drafted is beyond misinformed about the NFL and the NFL Draft.

24 out of 25 6'0 and under linebackers remained undrafted as of pick 112.

Dude has an absolutely massive uphill battle to get drafted. This is fact.

Advertisement
bottom line is he will play in nfl and be productive. he came back to polished his playmaking and turnover abilities.

Didn't Chris Borland get drafted from Wisconsin yesterday and he was like 5'10-5'11?

DP will definitely get drafted.

And WTF are you talking Earl Thomas for?

Not only that but he got drafted by the 49ers, a 3-4 at ILB. Normally a position for guys much taller, especially when you look at Bowman and Willis. Earl Thomas.....I don't even know what that means.

Of course, most top LB's are taller than DP, but so what? If DP shows he can stay healthy again, then he makes himself some money this year.

In the last three drafts (2014, 2013, 2012) a grand total of two linebackers 6'0 and under have been drafted.

Anyone who thinks Perryman is "definitely" getting drafted is beyond misinformed about the NFL and the NFL Draft.

24 out of 25 6'0 and under linebackers remained undrafted as of pick 112.

Dude has an absolutely massive uphill battle to get drafted. This is fact.

Guarantee he's picked in top 3 rounds. Most likely 2nd round

I've never seen one player lay so many huge hits....After the opponent has crossed the first down marker.

It's uncanny.

Advertisement
Back