Don't want Mario, boatraced by Utah?

It’s not about that and it’s a coward comment. You want a coach who can win and build back to a championship program but yet pine for a guy who CONSTANTLY loses to way less talented teams? Isn’t that the problem with the guys we’ve had?

What makes you think Mario can do any better than what he has shown?
It was a troll comment.

@DMoney is trolling ALL of CIS the way I see it. We want the perfect coach but each person on here has their dog and will **** on other candidates because that's not the guy they want. When in reality, BOTH MARIO AND LANE HAVE THEIR FAULTS.
It used to be Mario, then Lane. (To keep it a buck, my real #1 was Hugh Freeze but that's unrealistic so I moved on from that).
Now it's I'm good with either one. They both have faults. But I know and have faith that they would do wonders here.

Advertisement
Alternate theory- Mario gets an average team with a horrible quarterback to a 10 win season, and then bests utah in championship game when 6 of his starters that were out last night have a shot of playing
They have 4&5 star guys everywhere they should not get railed by Utah who may have 1-2 four star guys on the team. And it’s on Mario for not having recruited a better QB. The only good point is that 6 starters were not playing.

Never have to worry about that with Lane. He's never stayed anywhere for four years.

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends
Biggest concern with Lane: He’d do so well he would leave….

THE HORROR!!!!

Oregon did beat an excellent Ohio st team on the road this year. Also, kiffin couldn't win at USC where he had no restrictions at all. My point is there is no perfect coach out there, all have flaws. Considering the trash we have had coaching at UM for last 20 years, Mario would be more than suitable to win here. If Mario and Kiffin don't work out, we should probably look at Aranda too. Any of these 3 are huge upgrades.
Let's not bring up usc, what is he doing now? Or we can bring up what Mario did at fiu?

Advertisement

THE HORROR!!!!
I honestly don't have a preference between most of the top names Cristobal/Kiffin/Amanda.

But Kiffin doesn't have a great track record. I can see why some are concerned. He left USC unceremoniously and had a 5-7 season sandwiched between 10/11 win seasons at FAU.

THE HORROR!!!!
What big games has Lane won ever?

He has not won anything meaningful ever in his entire tenure. His defense would also be worse than Manny's by leaps and bounds. The Lane stuff is comical to me.

Advertisement
I honestly don't have a preference between most of the top names Cristobal/Kiffin/Amanda.

But Kiffin doesn't have a great track record. I can see why some are concerned. He left USC unceremoniously and had a 5-7 season sandwiched between 10/11 win seasons at FAU.
I am just thoroughly amused by the mental gymnastics here rationalizing Mario and some of the similar concerns he brings that we’ve faced for years. USC was a long time ago. Rehabbed by the school of Saban. Willing to give Lane’s offense a chance. Willing to give Mario a chance to stack the roster and adapt.

What big games has Lane won ever?

He has not won anything meaningful ever in his entire tenure. His defense would also be worse than Manny's by leaps and bounds. The Lane stuff is comical to me.
Beat Jimbo the CIS gawd. I wish Lane had a better track record to show he was a sure bet. No sure bets in coaching. Mario is also said to need a good DC, and a good OC. Loses games he should not.

Let’s get one of the 3 in here and start rolling.

Y’all really are something else. I wouldn’t be shocked if they said the same thing about Saban, Urban, Dabo, etc. Was it a bad loss? Sure but you ****ers want a coach that has won 10 natties and is 150-0 as a coach and has an average margin of victory of 70 points. Guess what? That person doesn’t exist and if they did they wouldn’t be coming here.

How about we get a coach here who can recruit like a **** and take us to the ACCCG more often than not.
Right, let's bring in Lane Kiffin!

Advertisement
I am just thoroughly amused by the mental gymnastics here rationalizing Mario and some of the similar concerns he brings that we’ve faced for years. USC was a long time ago. Rehabbed by the school of Saban. Willing to give Lane’s offense a chance. Willing to give Mario a chance to stack the roster and adapt.
As outlined previously, both have their flaws yes! However I believe were firmly banking on the program to elevate Mario much like it did for Jimmy and Dennis. Last night was a crappy performance for Oregon no doubt! However, Mario is a top three recruiter in America and we're banking on Southern recruiting ground to make up for our talent deficiencies. It's funny that people on here Mock Mario but Matt Campbell is on most peoples list across America and you won't find a more overrated and inflated résumé than his!

How often do p5 coaches change schools when they’re not being fired? Mario, lane, aranda… all would be good pickups, this back and forth is so dumb, freaking Saban has lost games and he has better talent than every team they play. There’s no such thing as perfection with 18-22 year old guys, any of those guys could **** the bed, **** being a cane fan I’m so pessimistic, I’d bet Saban would fail here, but we need a change and I’m confident all of the guys we’re talking about are an improvement over manny especially with added resources and a full year of TVD. Let’s get rid of manny that’s the first step

Advertisement
Just here to say, anyone but Manny at this point. Please just get this guy the **** outta here! My blood pressure cant take this **** no more.

As outlined previously, both have their flaws yes! However I believe were firmly banking on the program to elevate Mario much like it did for Jimmy and Dennis. Last night was a crappy performance for Oregon no doubt! However, Mario is a top three recruiter in America and we're banking on Southern recruiting ground to make up for our talent deficiencies. It's funny that people on here Mock Mario but Matt Campbell is on most peoples list across America and you won't find a more overrated and inflated résumé than his!
Fair point. This place overrates many many coaches - there is a solid list including Babers, Fuente, etc. etc. Campbell is likely on it. Row the Boat guy. My fear — Mario belongs on that list but we don’t see it, because, well Miami guy.

Alternate theory- Mario gets an average team with a horrible quarterback to a 10 win season, and then bests utah in championship game when 6 of his starters that were out last night have a shot of playing
Wait..........were these players recruited by a different coach prior to his arrival? If yes then there is merit to your alternate theory. But if he recruited and developed all those "horrible" players then your theory is more of an indictment on his coaching ability than only poor game preparation and management.

He has been there since 2017 and HC since 2018, not?

Last edited:
Oregon's "biggest issue" as you acknowledge ("they haven't recruited a good QB") presupposes a bigger problem than managing a team without one: 4 years and supposed to be great at recruiting, and hasn't "recruited a good QB" isn't an excuse or a mere reason to justify an expectation to lose against Utah; it's a problem...
"Mario will inherit a much better QB room" is pretty funny too. He inherited Justin Herbert and two years after Herbert he's playing Anthony Brown. And it isn't like he hasn't recruited other guys. Either he and that staff have whiffed, he's too risk averse to play a young QB or they can't develop one. Whatever it may be it is a problem.

Advertisement
Back