Don't want Mario, boatraced by Utah?

Oregon did beat an excellent Ohio st team on the road this year. Also, kiffin couldn't win at USC where he had no restrictions at all. My point is there is no perfect coach out there, all have flaws. Considering the trash we have had coaching at UM for last 20 years, Mario would be more than suitable to win here. If Mario and Kiffin don't work out, we should probably look at Aranda too. Any of these 3 are huge upgrades.
Kiffin had no restrictions at USC? They had Miami type NCAA scholarship reductions that Butch went through (and would have been fired because of in today's day and age). Kiffin has had issues at Tennessee and with the Raiders, but I can't hold USC against him.

Advertisement
I recall this fan base wanting to run off Butch Davis from the UCLA loss at the Rose Bowl in his opener in 1995 right up through that loss at Washington in 2000—and then spending years clamoring for the guy to come back.

In short, our fans don't know what this program wants or needs. Some really want to run off Mario because of what he is / isn't doing with Oregon, opposed to realizing there's a ceiling in Eugene and a different blueprint and landscape in Coral Gables.
There is a ceiling in Eugene? They played Auburn for a national title and later played in the College Football playoff.

They have done way more in the past 12 years than Miami has.

I do agree with you that our fans don't know what the Canes need or wants, but don't give Mario a pass.

He doesn’t “constantly lose.” He usually wins. That’s why his career at Oregon looks like this:

2018: 9-4 (inherited a 7-6 team)
2019: 12-2 (won Rose Bowl, Top 5)
2020: 4-3 (weird Covid year, Pac12 champ)
2021: Incomplete. 9-2 with three games left.

Mario is not the same candidate he was in 2018. He’s won a lot of games and built a consistent recruiting power.

Is he the best candidate? Who knows. There are a lot of names with upside.

But there is a reason Mario would be so expensive. And it’s not because he has Miami ties.
D, he loses games like Stanford and Utah EVERY YEAR. Yes, he consistently loses games he shouldn't.

Outside of the OSU game Oregon has looked like **** all year. Everything about that team is 100% mario and they are not a good team.

This is no defense of Manny he can go for all i care, i guess i just don't get how people can hate all of our coaches for the last 20 years, but think Mario is a vastly better candidate. How do you think his recruiting is going to look when he blows those games at Miami and the CIS army starts going hard on him?

What is his upside as a candidate? Do you think he would make the boosters open up their wallets so we can have a payroll and not buy the best kids in the state? I mean his only upside IMO is as a recruiter, but it's been proven that GREAT recruiters don't recruit great at Miami.

So in all honestly what is the infatuation with Mario? Just cause he isn't the guy we have?

In what universe does this fanbase act like we’re above 9-3, 10-2 seasons. Christobal has his teams playing in the rose bowl and fiesta bowl. Miami is 1-13 in their last 14 bowl games and most have been the toilet bowl. I swear some of y’all are doped out on coke and still think it’s 1987.

In what universe does this fanbase act like we’re above 9-3, 10-2 seasons. Christobal has his teams playing in the rose bowl and fiesta bowl. Miami is 1-13 in their last 14 bowl games and most have been the toilet bowl. I swear some of y’all are doped out on coke and still think it’s 1987.
You would think Coker retired after the 01 ship the way some on here talk.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back