Don't want Mario, boatraced by Utah?

paksat

Junior
Banned
As I said in multiple threads, I did watch the oregon utah game last night and had planned on watching it in it's entirety. Is this what "utah does to people?"

like has been said many times before on here, mario brings nothing schematically to a football team. He's a cot dayum recruiter and that's it because last night that's all I saw. I watched a large part of that game, whomever that utah coach is was coaching circles around this guy. Hard nosed physically dominant team?? That's what he's supposed to bring here? Utah completely shut down their run game, and oregons defense looked absolutely gassed on just the second drive by utah.

I wanted kiffin a tad bit more than mario because I think he can coach better, I would have been alright with either but kiffin was the guy to me. After tonight, I don't want this dude anywhere near this program lol. Their entire season has been fools gold, barely beating 4 different teams by around 1 possession on average.

They got manhandled in all phases of the game, that was the most uninspiring game I've watched in quite some time.

Advertisement
As I said in multiple threads, I did watch the oregon utah game last night and had planned on watching it in it's entirety. Is this what "utah does to people?"

like has been said many times before on here, mario brings nothing schematically to a football team. He's a cot dayum recruiter and that's it because last night that's all I saw. I watched a large part of that game, whomever that utah coach is was coaching circles around this guy. Hard nosed physically dominant team?? That's what he's supposed to bring here? Utah completely shut down their run game, and oregons defense looked absolutely gassed on just the second drive by utah.

I wanted kiffin a tad bit more than mario because I think he can coach better, I would have been alright with either but kiffin was the guy to me. After tonight, I don't want this dude anywhere near this program lol. Their entire season has been fools gold, barely beating 4 different teams by around 1 possession on average.

They got manhandled in all phases of the game, that was the most uninspiring game I've watched in quite some time.
Oregon did beat an excellent Ohio st team on the road this year. Also, kiffin couldn't win at USC where he had no restrictions at all. My point is there is no perfect coach out there, all have flaws. Considering the trash we have had coaching at UM for last 20 years, Mario would be more than suitable to win here. If Mario and Kiffin don't work out, we should probably look at Aranda too. Any of these 3 are huge upgrades.

Advertisement
Alternate theory- Mario gets an average team with a horrible quarterback to a 10 win season, and then bests utah in championship game when 6 of his starters that were out last night have a shot of playing

do you have this same faith in manny diaz? This is cristobal's 4th year at oregon with basically all top 10 classes and he just lost 38 to 7. Manny is only in his third year now, do you have hope!?!?

At the end of the day It’s a talent acquisition and roster building business. That’s how you win and put yourself in position to compete at the top..this is why support staff and assistant coaches are so important.

If want to see what a HC who’s a Xs and Os guy at a national power looks like when his regime doesn’t accept that..Take a strong look at Florida. That said, I fully understand OPs trepidation

Advertisement
Oregon did beat an excellent Ohio st team on the road this year. Also, kiffin couldn't win at USC where he had no restrictions at all. My point is there is no perfect coach out there, all have flaws. Considering the trash we have had coaching at UM for last 20 years, Mario would be more than suitable to win here. If Mario and Kiffin don't work out, we should probably look at Aranda too. Any of these 3 are huge upgrades.
Is this a joke about Kiffin having no restrictions at all while at USC? Lmaoooo. He was hit with major sanctions from the Carroll era. Legit sanctions, not the Golden era cloud with a measly 9 scholly losses.

USC sanctions that Kiffin dealt with while HC there: 2 year bowl ban, vacated victories, 30 SCHOLLY LOSSES over a 3 year period. And the man still went 28-15 with some of the toughest sanctions ever handed out to a football program. I remember how small his recruiting classes were…they were in the 10-15 range, but he always pulled studs regardless.

You lost me at no restrictions homie. Gotta get the facts first.

Advertisement
Important question, if Mario didn't have UM ties, would you still be interested in him for this job?
You know what? That is a great question and I don’t know. Probably yea.

Similar to my feelings about Kiffin, but my concern with him is he tends to rub people the wrong way and he doesn’t stay long in any one place.

I just think some of the best coaches are those guys that can’t win it because of where they are at but get the most out of their talent…OK States and IA States of the world…Baylor’s of the world…

They have also been there a while demonstrating loyalty.

Unlike some others on this board, I do think this is home for Mario so he wouldn’t leave for the next best gig.

I want a coach who has never lost a game.

F that I want a coach who can recruit straight trench bullies ( and their Mama's by default). Mario gonna have UM'S parents lounge stack with plumper dimes!!

6b70c1f36f678e0e80d8ff88d6f1e1cc.jpg

#ThickThighsMakeBigLives

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
You take Mario if you can get him, regardless of last night. He’s better than Lane and will stay longer than 2 years. Kiffin doesn’t stay anywhere for more than a couple years.

Advertisement
Back