Don't want Mario, boatraced by Utah?

So this is the best you have to explain that loss at Utah?
it's not even worth a reply, there's no defending that *** whooping. That's not just some loss, it's an utter beat down in year 4 not 1 or 2. This is all his guys, his coaches, his everything and he got slapped, pushed down, dragged, shoved in the car and sent floating into the river.

Advertisement
Important question, if Mario didn't have UM ties, would you still be interested in him for this job?

In terms of what his resume says in brings having won coach of the year in two different conferences, have won the conference championship in two different conferences, winning national recruiter, having been able to learn and win a Natty under Saban, I kiiiiinda think we’re banking on his UM ties to get him here. In the last 20 years, outside of CMR who was on his way out, what coach have we brought in with a resume near that? This ain’t that..again. Other programs have him on their list as well..

God bless you man.

denzel washington GIF

I am straigt talking about those no pull out allowed MILF types that are the "we look good , we cook good, and F@#& good( hence all our kids)"
44f6cb35aa7866e3c6d4a7fd1d37cc10.jpg

Go Canes

In terms of what his resume says in brings having won coach of the year in two different conferences, have won the conference championship in two different conferences, winning national recruiter, having been able to learn and win a Natty under Saban, I kiiiiinda think we’re banking on his UM ties to get him here. In the last 20 years, outside of CMR who was on his way out, what coach have we brought in with a resume near that? This ain’t that..again. Other programs have him on their list as well..
If we are going to use the last 20 years as a reference point, why are we so quick to dismiss the concerns people have with candidates that are similar to problems of Miami coaching hires those last 20 years?

Advertisement
Important question, if Mario didn't have UM ties, would you still be interested in him for this job?
Yes. He's the #2 name right now when it comes to job openings, only behind Lincoln Riley. USC wants him and that's a Top 10 job. Florida wants him.

Now the AD job is a different subject. If Zo didn't play here there would be zero chance he comes here in any capacity. After hearing them dudes say things like we need to use the portal less I don't think it's going to work out well. Can't bring a 1980 way of thinking and expect to win in 2022.

Injuries are no excuse. They aren’t an excuse for Miami. Mario gets no pass at Oregon.
I think there is a difference in using injuries as an excuse on why a team isn’t a top 5 team and why we are only a .500 team and 4-3 in the coastal. Plus we’re better since we put in backups

Lane is a short term rental. I prefer Mario because I feel he could be here for the long haul. With his recruiting long term, we could build a dominate roster with depth. For those concerned about his game planning, he will just need the right coordinators to get over the hump.

Lashlee, despite my frustrations with his short yardage packages, has grown on me and I would be thrilled if he stayed on with Mario as head coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So this is the best you have to explain that loss at Utah?
I expected them to lose. Oregon’s biggest issue is that they haven’t recruited a good QB.

Mario would inherit a much better QB room here, and there are some big-name QBs on the horizon (Tyler Aronson among them) who he will have a great shot at signing.

Oregon did beat an excellent Ohio st team on the road this year. Also, kiffin couldn't win at USC where he had no restrictions at all. My point is there is no perfect coach out there, all have flaws. Considering the trash we have had coaching at UM for last 20 years, Mario would be more than suitable to win here. If Mario and Kiffin don't work out, we should probably look at Aranda too. Any of these 3 are huge upgrades.
That’s not the same Ohio state team. They played like trash the beginning of the season they are different now.

Kyle Whittingham is a great coach. That dude could have done incredible things if he took a big job.
Unfortunately he will never leave Utah.
Naw dawg, it’s Utah and get this they wear under armour gear so they have to be trash.

Really though it was a ******/ugly loss for Mario and he’s not my guy but people crapping on Utah indirectly is typical UM porster stuff.

Advertisement
I expected them to lose. Oregon’s biggest issue is that they haven’t recruited a good QB.

Mario would inherit a much better QB room here, and there are some big-name QBs on the horizon (Tyler Aronson among them) who he will have a great shot at signing.
Any sense on why this might be the case? Do the big time kids not want to go to Oregon? Is this a potential blind spot for Mario?

I mean that was about as bad a loss as you could have. Mario is like ogeron- I think he’s as good as the people he surrounds himself with. Manny is the same.

What you all want are football clairvoyants and there are really 2 of them- Urban and Saban so good luck. I think Lane is more like the latter than the former.

Bad loss.

By 30+?

Why do they not have a good QB? Had Mariota, Herbert. Not like there is no recent history there. Thought they had a better young guy — don’t trust younger players? —- I have seen that gripe somewhere before….

Advertisement
Back