Donnell Bennett on Coley

Warchant - Recruiting update....

I've heard Stacy's Coley's visit could not have gone more perfect. He loved the visit and really enjoyed being around the players more than anything. He spent some time talking with FSU receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey about his impact in the offense, specific ways to be used, but most of the conversations were about this season or non-football talk. As much as Coley loved his visit, his mother loved it twice as much. In fact, it's pretty clear FSU is the school she wants Stacy at based on the conversations I've had with my closest source to Coley. There is no current word from the FSU side whether Coley will take any other visits. Ole Miss and South Florida are possible visits. Coach Stan Ward from South Florida was expected to have an in-home on Monday night but I hear Coley could shut it down soon. He might want to have fun with the trips, but I get the impression his Mom is close to shutting it down if they know the choice for sure.

Let me know if you want the Thomas and Kirkland updates. Hint, Langston is sure they wear granted and gold underwear.

Advertisement
Another gem with reply from Langston...

Originally posted by Everyo...Garnet
The guy went to UM, I can't fault him for his passion, especially if it was an off the record comment. I basically interpret the quote as him saying that Coley is so good that he could be the final nail in the coffin for UM if they miss on him, and Coley would "officially" put FSU in an entire league above UM. I don't think he is bashing FSU at all, just hanging on to a thread of hope that miami football might be relevant again someday.

I agree.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MichaelWarchant

This is the most delusional post i've ever read regarding recruiting. and that's saying alot hanging around these boards.

Either they are right or we are right, we will find out on NSD. Without the Ncaa cloud I think AG cleans up, for him to be this good recruiting with potential sanctions is crazy. Fans of FSU and other programs should take a step back and say **** this dude is relentless, could u imagine if the cloud was clear skies? They would not stand a chance, cant wait till all this is over.

Either they are right or we are right, we will find out on NSD. Without the Ncaa cloud I think AG cleans up, for him to be this good recruiting with potential sanctions is crazy. Fans of FSU and other programs should take a step back and say **** this dude is relentless, could u imagine if the cloud was clear skies? They would not stand a chance, cant wait till all this is over.

oh word!?!?

oh word!?!?

LOL

Advertisement
What Miami "insiders" are calling Thomas to UM? I know Pete gave decent odds but nothing definitive. Are the guys on other sites calling this?

What Miami "insiders" are calling Thomas to UM? I know Pete gave decent odds but nothing definitive. Are the guys on other sites calling this?

Not that I've seen, just that we have a lead. Bakas puts us about even with Alabama.

Advertisement
Mike Bakas thinks Thomas is going to UM and that FSU isn't even really in it. His "percentages" were Alabama 40, Miami 40, FSU 10 and then other schools splitting the remaining 10%.

Cash says the staff feels very good about 6

Please forgive my ignorance.... has Cash been accurate in the past with this kind of thing?

doesn't really give predictions, seems like he has some connections and just states how the staff feels about a certain guy, or something or other

Mike Bakas thinks Thomas is going to UM and that FSU isn't even really in it. His "percentages" were Alabama 40, Miami 40, FSU 10 and then other schools splitting the remaining 10%.

Hm. That's interesting.

I've thought for a while that it would be strange for Thomas to go to FSU. I get the skepticism on UM, especially since he hasn't taken a visit here yet, but it would be weird for him to go to FSU when the guy who has been recruiting him all along was their OC.

Advertisement

Hm. That's interesting.

I've thought for a while that it would be strange for Thomas to go to FSU. I get the skepticism on UM, especially since he hasn't taken a visit here yet, but it would be weird for him to go to FSU when the guy who has been recruiting him all along was their OC.

[strike]Heard something on here a couple days ago that Sir 6 Alot would be at the Miami-Duke game tomorrow night...confirmed or denied or a maybe? [/strike]
(edit for relevance: coley needs to be here, but i have a knot in my tum-tum telling me not to get too excited. at any rate, hearing these fsu message board quotes, its strange that fsu can't see that miami has clear upward momentum, relative to fsu, which is always constant underachievement...) (edit: not that strange, tho)

Last edited:

Hm. That's interesting.

To be fair, I take all of Mike's "% Predictions" as a way of him trying to get fired and using RandomWalk's format since the idiots seem to love RW's threads. At least, I hope that's what it is and that really isn't the best work he can do.

Advertisement
Noles are going ape**** about his comments....want him fired lol. I'll admit I wouldn't be happy if it was the other way around. I'm going to wear a black undershirt untucked today in Bennett's honor.

Their souf Florida big finish is going up in flames lolololol

Mod over on Warchant basically came on and called the article bull**** and FSU is in the lead....also claim they are well in the lead for Thomas and Kirkland.

Hey, maybe they are. Who knows? We don't want to believe it, but stuff happens. I have no knowledge, just what I read here and on other boards. Maybe we're engaging in wishful thinking, maybe they are.

Relentless pays off. When I think of relentless, I think of Ron Zook. Mediocre coach, but wouldn't quit as a recruiter. He would get guys we wanted badly. Used to make phone calls to recruits from the shower. He wouldn't quit.

I heard or read somewhere that the WR who went to Alabama might have been a bit put off because Golden was pressing him to commit, but I still think most players want to be shown the love and don't get upset if Al handles it right. We'll know in a week or so how well he does it.

Bennett is our biggest asset in this kids recruitment IMO. I still have reservations this kid wont meet Corch Al's core values, but we could definitely use a game changer at WR

If Golden had those same worries we wouldn't even be recruiting him so don't worry about that.

I'm not so sure I'd agree with that. Golden doesn't seem to mind taking a chance on goons.

HEY! Easy with that "goon" stuff!

Advertisement
Back