Donnell Bennett on Coley

Noles are going ape**** about his comments....want him fired lol. I'll admit I wouldn't be happy if it was the other way around. I'm going to wear a black undershirt untucked today in Bennett's honor.

Their souf Florida big finish is going up in flames lolololol

Mod over on Warchant basically came on and called the article bull**** and FSU is in the lead....also claim they are well in the lead for Thomas and Kirkland.
:rollcanes:

Advertisement
Noles are going ape**** about his comments....want him fired lol. I'll admit I wouldn't be happy if it was the other way around. I'm going to wear a black undershirt untucked today in Bennett's honor.

Mod over on Warchant basically came on and called the article bull**** and FSU is in the lead....also claim they are well in the lead for Thomas and Kirkland.

They call everything bull****. Other than articles saying FSU is in the lead for said recruit.

Does anybody else think it's a ridiculously good reflection on the staff that we are even in the picture for him (and it sounds like we have the edge)? All the early reports I heard on him a year ago was that this was going to be an FSU-UF battle and that he didn't care for The U. Maybe those reports were straight up incorrect, but people were saying to just write the kid off, and that we weren't even going to be considered.

He also expects Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis to commit to the Noles any day now.........

Link please......

Advertisement
Langston is an *******. He claims every article is untrue and his "sources" say different. Keep in mind the guy never quotes anyone.

Are his sources the FSU bagmen? Alternatively, the voices in his head?

Does anybody else think it's a ridiculously good reflection on the staff that we are even in the picture for him (and it sounds like we have the edge)? All the early reports I heard on him a year ago was that this was going to be an FSU-UF battle and that he didn't care for The U. Maybe those reports were straight up incorrect, but people were saying to just write the kid off, and that we weren't even going to be considered.

I thought it had more to do with Miami not going hard after him for a while. There were times, I believe, when Pete wasn't even sure he would get an offer. I don't know what changed, though.

Bennett is our biggest asset in this kids recruitment IMO. I still have reservations this kid wont meet Corch Al's core values, but we could definitely use a game changer at WR

If Golden had those same worries we wouldn't even be recruiting him so don't worry about that.

Agree with this, Al waited to recruit this kid well into his senior year because he was waiting to see him mature, seems like Coley cleared up any concern we had about his character and work ethic.

I thought it had more to do with Miami not going hard after him for a while. There were times, I believe, when Pete wasn't even sure he would get an offer. I don't know what changed, though.

I really meant Coley's attitude before Pete was even on this board. Like I said, it was all heresay, and it may have been wildly inaccurate, but almost eveybody was saying he didn't like UM, and that he wasn't worth the chase. Obviously the last part was flat wrong at this point.

Advertisement
A Cane at heart, Bennett adds, "Oh my goodness, if he goes to Florida State that would be dreadful."

TRUE CANE! Whatever the kid does, i got lots of love for Bennett!

''The Three F's"

Clearly a seed Golden has passed on to Bennett to plant in Coley's head. That's **** I DO like.

Advertisement

I really meant Coley's attitude before Pete was even on this board. Like I said, it was all heresay, and it may have been wildly inaccurate, but almost eveybody was saying he didn't like UM, and that he wasn't worth the chase. Obviously the last part was flat wrong at this point.

He did try to commit to us prior to the season starting.

fsufsu14835 posts
He was probably asked if Miami losing him to FSU would be bad news or something like that and Ferman worked the quote around to make a better article. Not even Tracy Howard has a chance at covering Coley.
Darby will become an AA going against Coley everyday.

Advertisement
Chris Knee47 posts
I don't like it when any HS coach does that even when it benefits us. Just guide the young man to what is best for him, not what is best for you.

fsufsu14835 posts
He was probably asked if Miami losing him to FSU would be bad news or something like that and Ferman worked the quote around to make a better article. Not even Tracy Howard has a chance at covering Coley.
Darby will become an AA going against Coley everyday.

Wait, what?

edit: nvm

Bennett is our biggest asset in this kids recruitment IMO. I still have reservations this kid wont meet Corch Al's core values, but we could definitely use a game changer at WR

If Golden had those same worries we wouldn't even be recruiting him so don't worry about that.

Agree with this, Al waited to recruit this kid well into his senior year because he was waiting to see him mature, seems like Coley cleared up any concern we had about his character and work ethic.
Myth about him being this really bad kid after what AG has been through.He has 2-3 of his guys he signed that have these so called core values and are straight knuckleheads.

He did try to commit to us prior to the season starting.

Again, I'm talking over 12 months ago.

Advertisement
Back