Donnell Bennett on Coley

Problem2

All-American
Premium
"And his coach, former Hurricane running back Donnell Bennett, says this is shaping up into a big-time UM-FSU battle heading into the final couple of weeks before Signing Day.
"He's still strong with Miami, but it looks like a Miami-Florida State battle," Bennett said.

A Cane at heart, Bennett adds, "Oh my goodness, if he goes to Florida State that would be dreadful."

Bennett says Coley will announce a decision on Signing Day.

Bennett's advice to his top recruit?
"I just am telling him the basics of what he needs to do is focus on where he wants to spend the next four years of his life, don't put a lot of emphasis on the coach per se because they move on a daily basis," Bennett said. "The three F's - faith, family and football, once you cover those three it's where you're most comfortable for the next four years."

Good work Donnell. Hopefully momma feels the same way

Last edited:
Advertisement
"And his coach, former Hurricane running back Donnell Bennett, says this is shaping up into a big-time UM-FSU battle heading into the final couple of weeks before Signing Day.
"He's still strong with Miami, but it looks like a Miami-Florida State battle," Bennett said.

A Cane at heart, Bennett adds, "Oh my goodness, if he goes to Florida State that would be dreadful."

Bennett says Coley will announce a decision on Signing Day.

Bennett's advice to his top recruit?
"I just am telling him the basics of what he needs to do is focus on where he wants to spend the next four years of his life, don't put a lot of emphasis on the coach per se because they move on a daily basis," Bennett said. "The three F's - faith, family and football, once you cover those three it's where you're most comfortable for the next four years."

Good work Donnell. Hopefully momma feels the same way

Love it!

Bennett is our biggest asset in this kids recruitment IMO. I still have reservations this kid wont meet Corch Al's core values, but we could definitely use a game changer at WR

Advertisement
If we do sign Lubbick I think it would seal Coley, he could just point to what he did with Duke's WRs and they aren't half as talented as Coley

"Oh my goodness, if he goes to Florida State that would be dreadful."

Cane on February 6th, 2013.....

Bennett is our biggest asset in this kids recruitment IMO. I still have reservations this kid wont meet Corch Al's core values, but we could definitely use a game changer at WR

If Golden had those same worries we wouldn't even be recruiting him so don't worry about that.

Do we have any more in home visits scheduled with Coley? I'd imagine if we hire an OC before signing day Collins and Coley get a visit pretty quickly right?

Advertisement

If Golden had those same worries we wouldn't even be recruiting him so don't worry about that.

I'm not so sure I'd agree with that. Golden doesn't seem to mind taking a chance on goons.

I think Bennett is actually steering him to Miami...finally a coach with an agenda in our corner for once!

He should take a look at the long list of WRs that FSU has playing in the league...

Advertisement
I have no problem admitting I'm a hypocrite. I hate Collins' coach, but I'm loving bennett for clearly having an agenda with Coley. LOL

I have no problem admitting I'm a hypocrite. I hate Collins' coach, but I'm loving bennett for clearly having an agenda with Coley. LOL

At least he's honest about it. And it's not dirty. He's not moving his allegiences around, or funneling to far away schools. Just love for his alma mater together woth balance for the kid.

/not hypocritical

Advertisement
Noles are going ape**** about his comments....want him fired lol. I'll admit I wouldn't be happy if it was the other way around. I'm going to wear a black undershirt untucked today in Bennett's honor.

Noles are going ape**** about his comments....want him fired lol. I'll admit I wouldn't be happy if it was the other way around. I'm going to wear a black undershirt untucked today in Bennett's honor.

Their souf Florida big finish is going up in flames lolololol

Their souf Florida big finish is going up in flames lolololol

Mod over on Warchant basically came on and called the article bull**** and FSU is in the lead....also claim they are well in the lead for Thomas and Kirkland.

Advertisement
Back