Donnell Bennett on Coley

Here's one gem from Warchant:

Why is the local pressue so tough? Miami stinks the past few years and they have NCAA sanctions coming. Lots of great players have left the area and done very well especially at FSU. Marvin Jones, Marvin Minnis, Lamont Green, Bradley Jennings, Derrick Gibson, Devonta Freeman, Donald Heaven, the list is long, the successes are undeniable. That is without including Broward county!

One more:

And some of you guys will believe that's where it stands because his coach (who is a former Miami player) says so. He's not Stacy Coley. He's simply the coach people. He can't make Coley go to UM. Lamont Green (former Seminole LB) is the head coach at Southridge but he still has a DB that we offered, Jamal Carter, going to UM. Coaches can't make the call at the end of the day no matter where their heart is. Coley has pretty much let our coaches and every other recruit committed to FSU (at the Under Armor game) that he's going to FSU. I'd put this at about 70% FSU 30% UM at this point. Of course a Canesport article is going to put out an article for its fans making them think its extremely close.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Why is the local pressue so tough? Miami stinks the past few years and they have NCAA sanctions coming. Lots of great players have left the area and done very well especially at FSU. Marvin Jones, Marvin Minnis, Lamont Green, Bradley Jennings, Derrick Gibson, Devonta Freeman, Donald Heaven, the list is long, the successes are undeniable. That is without including Broward county!

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

It's so tough not to post....guy went back 25 years to fin 5-6 players.

Oh my god.

It's so tough not to post....guy went back 25 years to fin 5-6 players.

Someone needs to list great Canes from Miami/Broward. Should be a long list, no?

Advertisement

One more:

And some of you guys will believe that's where it stands because his coach (who is a former Miami player) says so. He's not Stacy Coley. He's simply the coach people. He can't make Coley go to UM. Lamont Green (former Seminole LB) is the head coach at Southridge but he still has a DB that we offered, Jamal Carter, going to UM. Coaches can't make the call at the end of the day no matter where their heart is. Coley has pretty much let our coaches and every other recruit committed to FSU (at the Under Armor game) that he's going to FSU. I'd put this at about 70% FSU 30% UM at this point. Of course a Canesport article is going to put out an article for its fans making them think its extremely close.

Marvin Jones is the only player that developed his skills at FSU to make any kind of money in the NFL. Cant kids see that?

Oh my god.

179.jpg

Advertisement
Another gem with reply from Langston...

Originally posted by Everyo...Garnet
The guy went to UM, I can't fault him for his passion, especially if it was an off the record comment. I basically interpret the quote as him saying that Coley is so good that he could be the final nail in the coffin for UM if they miss on him, and Coley would "officially" put FSU in an entire league above UM. I don't think he is bashing FSU at all, just hanging on to a thread of hope that miami football might be relevant again someday.

I agree.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MichaelWarchant

I have no problem admitting I'm a hypocrite. I hate Collins' coach, but I'm loving bennett for clearly having an agenda with Coley. LOL

There is a major difference.

It is one thing if a coach (with a bias) steers a kid to a good academic institution like Collins coach did with Wisconsin but once he does it to a crap school a la Arkansas...it is terrible.

If it is just because of personal bias with a coach, that is fair.

I also don't have a problem with it being a local school and not some BS away school.

I would probably just be on warchant trolling on nsd. Might have to just stay home.

The guy went to UM, I can't fault him for his passion, especially if it was an off the record comment. I basically interpret the quote as him saying that Coley is so good that he could be the final nail in the coffin for UM if they miss on him, and Coley would "officially" put FSU in an entire league above UM. I don't think he is bashing FSU at all, just hanging on to a thread of hope that miami football might be relevant again someday.

I agree.

stephena.jpg

Advertisement

I agree.

I have no words.

I agree.

If your a member of that site (no idea why) can you please ask him...Could you fault him to send him to best academic school in Florida. A private school that is ranked much much much higher then FSU and UF.

Advertisement

I agree.

This guy is "officially" a dumbass.

I agree.

:ibisroflmao:

I don't think Coley is coming to UM anymore, but that's hilarious.

I agree.

If your a member of that site (no idea why) can you please ask him...Could you fault him to send him to best academic school in Florida. A private school that is ranked much much much higher then FSU and UF.

Trust me...wish I could. Be banned in a minute over there. It's been really tough lol.

Noles are going ape**** about his comments....want him fired lol. I'll admit I wouldn't be happy if it was the other way around. I'm going to wear a black undershirt untucked today in Bennett's honor.

FSU fans are turds. Bennett is a UM alum. He's pulling for his alma mater, and he's not being a big stupid phony about it like all the other fake HS corches out there. They'll say all the PC crap in an interview and then actively recruit for their own alma mater behind the scenes. Bennett's just being straight up about it instead of four-flushing.

Advertisement
Back