Don Chaney

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
Just to play devils advocate. The same was said if Tyson’s family last year.....how dad’s a retired firefighter and librarian ...etc.

I hear you and one can never know until they're put in that situation either. But, from what I know about Don Sr. primarily, he's been offered plenty other jobs at STA and Gibbons and has turned them down because he likes the Belen.

IMO, they'll go with the school they connect with the most. If it's Miami, great. If not, I personally don't think it'll be about bags.

Advertisement
Chaney was a lock from what I heard back in the day, but theres no such thing as locks so we will see. Long ways out with us favored

Oh I agree. There are rarely kids built like Duke and Lingard that stick with their commitments and ignore the process altogether. We used to think Sony was a lock and we saw what happens. Chaney's a piece of the next cycle we'll be focusing on similar to TS, Neal, etc.. of this class.

I hear you and one can never know until they're put in that situation either. But, from what I know about Don Sr. primarily, he's been offered plenty other jobs at STA and Gibbons and has turned them down because he likes the Belen.

IMO, they'll go with the school they connect with the most. If it's Miami, great. If not, I personally don't think it'll be about bags.
Belen is a much more prestigious school than Gibbons or STA, js

Advertisement

lmfaoooooo, big fish little pond, that what they like

chaney is soft.

Belen is a much more prestigious school than Gibbons or STA, js

That is my point, the family is much more concerned with things other than football (for the time being) which shows their character.

lmfaoooooo, big fish little pond, that what they like

chaney is soft.

If you've ever seen him play in real life and not on a computer screen, you'd know that is a ******* ridiculous comment. The kid takes more of a beating than any SoFlo RB.

That is my point, the family is much more concerned with things other than football (for the time being) which shows their character.

If you've ever seen him play in real life and not on a computer screen, you'd know that is a ******* ridiculous comment. The kid takes more of a beating than any SoFlo RB.

ive seen him play live three times, once against la salle and he ran all over them (but its ******* la salle) and twice against Columbus (first two years, didnt go to the game a couple weeks ago) and he hasn't done **** against Columbus or any other respectable school, please correct me if i am wrong on this cause i honestly want to know. but sure lets ride the nuts of a kid who runs wild over varela, braddock and ferguson.

ive seen him play live three times, once against la salle and he ran all over them (but its ******* la salle) and twice against Columbus (first two years, didnt go to the game a couple weeks ago) and he hasn't done **** against Columbus or any other respectable school, please correct me if i am wrong on this cause i honestly want to know. but sure lets ride the nuts of a kid who runs wild over varela, braddock and ferguson.

He's gotten hurt in both Columbus games he's played in. He can't control who he plays but if you're scoffing at 160 ypg and 20 TDs in a very 1-dimensional offense against any schedule then I think you've got a crazy benchmark for a South Florida RB.

Lingard had similar production his junior year and played in a pedestrian district as well. You going to call him soft too?

Advertisement

Ahh misinterpreted what you said, my b.

He's gotten hurt in both Columbus games he's played in. He can't control who he plays but if you're scoffing at 160 ypg and 20 TDs in a very 1-dimensional offense against any schedule then I think you've got a crazy benchmark for a South Florida RB.

Lingard had similar production his junior year and played in a pedestrian district as well. You going to call him soft too?

From the B in your avatar I’m assuming you went to Belen and your really high on Chaney because he’s the most talented kid to walk through their halls, I understand that. But just because Chaney is making sorry *** Belen “look good” for once, against garbage competition, doesn’t mean he’s elite and special. The reason for the 160 ypg and 20td is because he’s all they have and they’re riding him. He still hasn’t done **** against Columbus or any legit D. Why hasn’t he done anything against a legit D? What would you say is the best D he has played against and what has he done against them?

As for the lingard question, what team was his schools biggest rival? And what did he do against that team? I gaurentee you it was more than Chaney has ever done against Columbus.

From the B in your avatar I’m assuming you went to Belen and your really high on Chaney because he’s the most talented kid to walk through their halls, I understand that. But just because Chaney is making sorry *** Belen “look good” for once, against garbage competition, doesn’t mean he’s elite and special. The reason for the 160 ypg and 20td is because he’s all they have and they’re riding him. He still hasn’t done **** against Columbus or any legit D. Why hasn’t he done anything against a legit D? What would you say is the best D he has played against and what has he done against them?

As for the lingard question, what team was his schools biggest rival? And what did he do against that team? I gaurentee you it was more than Chaney has ever done against Columbus.

Lol, yes I went to Belen and yes I'm high on him much like everyone (except you I guess???) and our coaching staff is too. Biases aside, my gripe with your comment was calling a 16 year old kid soft because he plays who is on his high school's schedule. We'll never know what his production would be on another team but I can tell you with great confidence that St. Thomas Aquinas and Cardinal Gibbons were breaking the doors down to try and get him to transfer, so that should tell you everything about the kid's talent.

Also, aside from the school he goes to, Chaney has been among the highest graded RBs in the camps he's participated in, paradise included. So, yeah I want the most talented athlete in Belen's history to succeed, not ****. But you have your head so far up your *** I'm not even sure why I continue to argue.

Don sr is one of my best friends brother in law. Dude is not about bags. He just will not let Jr decommit the school he chooses so he’s made it clear it’s one time only. Don Jr is going to make the best call.

There is no such thing as knowing who’s not about bags.
Everyone on here gets offended or appalled that we would assume theire kin or friends that are good people would succumb to it.
But the past evidence is so overwhelming that it’s hard not to speculate. So all these kids that dip for bags are bad kids or theire parents are gold diggers? No way I would say that cause it’s not true. I’ll call them a sellout cause that’s what it is in a literal sense. But no one knows what these schools are doing to get kids. This whole cash paper bag thing is ancient and antiquated.
I’m sure dc sr. is a good man. His son is a good kid.
It’s still a few years and anything can happen.
Saban could retire. CMR could get fired.
UGA could be on probation.
But do you have knowledge of his dad’’s retirement situation. Does he owe a lot on his mortgage?
Does he have credit card bills? Did he take out too big of a loan on his 401k? What if his kid gets a neck injury like our player did. What about medical bills?

At one point we were his clear cut leader.
We’ve had coaches see him on campus and at games since he was an 8th grader. We’r in a better place than when he was an 8th grader. But Kirby comes down to campus ONCE!!!! And now we don’t lead.
Hey it’s a kids right to do what he wants and he hasn’t trolled anyone. But the spotlight Is on when your a 5 star. And when you make a decision even if it’s not a commitment there will be speculation good or bad.

Advertisement
Lol, yes I went to Belen and yes I'm high on him much like everyone (except you I guess???) and our coaching staff is too. Biases aside, my gripe with your comment was calling a 16 year old kid soft because he plays who is on his high school's schedule. We'll never know what his production would be on another team but I can tell you with great confidence that St. Thomas Aquinas and Cardinal Gibbons were breaking the doors down to try and get him to transfer, so that should tell you everything about the kid's talent.

Also, aside from the school he goes to, Chaney has been among the highest graded RBs in the camps he's participated in, paradise included. So, yeah I want the most talented athlete in Belen's history to succeed, not ****. But you have your head so far up your *** I'm not even sure why I continue to argue.

I never said he was soft because of his schedule, I said he was soft because he hasn’t done anything against Columbus or a real D and still to this point you haven’t proven me wrong. Your just making it seem like he’s the man because he runs over all the chumps. He’s a junior and he hasn’t had one big game against a legit D, that’s a huge red flag.

Your guys only shot ever at beating Columbus was with Chaney, and it hasn’t happened and it won’t happen. BECAUSE HES SOFT and he doesn’t have that dog in him and he’s not special and elite

All that camp **** is fake news, everything changes when you get hit in the mouth and the number show, unless you can show me he has balled against a legit D like I’ve been asking you, and if he has I will STFU and eat crow, he hasn’t done **** in a REAL game against legit D. So “want” all you want for him but the numbers show a different story. And I’d rather have my head up my *** than Chaney’s nut sack slapping my chin.

why do we have a Moderator calling one of our prized recruits soft? You're entitled to your opinion but I'd expect more from a Mod than insulting a U recruit.

Advertisement
I never said he was soft because of his schedule, I said he was soft because he hasn’t done anything against Columbus or a real D and still to this point you haven’t proven me wrong. Your just making it seem like he’s the man because he runs over all the chumps. He’s a junior and he hasn’t had one big game against a legit D, that’s a huge red flag.

Your guys only shot ever at beating Columbus was with Chaney, and it hasn’t happened and it won’t happen. BECAUSE HES SOFT and he doesn’t have that dog in him and he’s not special and elite

All that camp **** is fake news, everything changes when you get hit in the mouth and the number show, unless you can show me he has balled against a legit D like I’ve been asking you, and if he has I will STFU and eat crow, he hasn’t done **** in a REAL game against legit D. So “want” all you want for him but the numbers show a different story. And I’d rather have my head up my *** than Chaney’s nut sack slapping my chin.

Listen up, genius. Your "real D" assessment is in direct correlation with the schedule Belen plays. Therefore, he has zero control over whether or not he "runs all over a real D." I already told you, 2/3 times he played against Columbus he came out injured, once in the 1Q and the other in the 2Q. He was not HB as a freshman so he did not get significant opportunity in the other game.

The fact that I need to spell that out for you proves how much of a halfwit you are.

Also, very convenient that you throw out the "fake news" of camps at which elite talent participates in.

I also went to Belen, and my Belen education tells me that, you sir, are a waste of cellular division. You have no clue of anything that vaguely simulates rational thinking as it pertains to the way football is played, even more so in SoFla. This kid plays in an archaic offense that is run first 99% of the time and who do we think that ball is going to on most snaps? There is such thing as watching film and game planning in football no?

And you’re right, we’ve never beat Columbus. We know that’s because Columbus recruits players to play for them that other wise would be going to some of the top football schools like Central, Northwestern, Booker T etc. Belen can’t do that because of the Academic plan it has. No harm no foul. They’re also not the only ones to do it. So it is what it is.

He hasn’t had a big game against a legit D because defenses scheme for him and pretty much only him and he weighs more than most of the players trying to block for him. So don’t be an imbecile, I know it’s difficult, and open your eyes to the details that make up the entire story. There is a reason he is a 5 star talent and CMR and co. along with Kirby and Muschamp and half of CFB have been down to Belen to recruit the kid. And yes, I do want this kid to be a CFB and NFL HOFer because I have pride in my school just like much of this board talks about some of the studs they saw/played with or against over the years.

why do we have a Moderator calling one of our prized recruits soft? You're entitled to your opinion but I'd expect more from a Mod than insulting a U recruit.
He's like females who call themselves unicorns

UGA already offered bags and the Cheneys declined...I know that's crazy to believe (I didn't either). Also, Dad does not want Jr. going to FSU because he doesn't believe they prioritize discipline.
How do you know they offered bags?

Advertisement
Back