Dolphin Stadium banning EXPLICIT music & DJs at UMiami games

Lol nobody wanted to listen to your crappy music anyways.

Coming from someone who never went or only went to the lamest ***ing tailgates at the Orangle Bowl. This is just another set of rules that takes away from the college environment that once was the OB.

It started seven years ago when they said "Eliminating the student tailgate section will mean we won't have crazy tailgates"

Then six years ago, they removed your choice of where to park by implementing directional parking. Now that family of six is forced to park next to a fraternity because Junior Deputy from MDPD says so. The first few years when we could pick our spots didn't have as much overlap. If you had 100 people tailgating together, you could line up 10 cars no problem across from each other. Now, trying to do a convoy of more than 4 or 5 is impossible without getting crap from stadium staff.

4 years ago they started going around giving everybody s**t for having their tables too far into the path.

Every few years, there is so much command and control added and exerted onto tailgating that it's turning into a vanilla experience. Remove directional parking for the first hour of tailgating and you see lower complaints.

You realize that there is a student org lot, right? It's a ****show(A fun one to witness), but it exists. They aren't saying that you can't play any music, they are saying that you can't play explicit music. It's not that hard to find censored or remixed versions of songs, and in an atmosphere that is about appealing to families, I don't think that's too much to ask. Frankly, I don't go to the tailgates for the music, I go to kick it with my friends, play some beer pong, and run into some of my old classmates. The reason rules like this exist is because a lot of people are morons who have no respect for others.

Censoring the music someone can or can not play at a tailgate is 100x worse than just saying it can't be too loud.
Anyone who complains about explicit lyrics needs to stop being a little *****.
Dude, it's one thing for songs to cuss every now and then but most of this crap goes way past that. I don't have kids but I get it. **** sure, I'll want my kids to go to come to the game and share my passion for our Canes. You're out in public not the club. There's nothing wrong with partying but keeping the tunes clean.

Advertisement
Lol nobody wanted to listen to your crappy music anyways.

Coming from someone who never went or only went to the lamest ***ing tailgates at the Orangle Bowl. This is just another set of rules that takes away from the college environment that once was the OB.

It started seven years ago when they said "Eliminating the student tailgate section will mean we won't have crazy tailgates"

Then six years ago, they removed your choice of where to park by implementing directional parking. Now that family of six is forced to park next to a fraternity because Junior Deputy from MDPD says so. The first few years when we could pick our spots didn't have as much overlap. If you had 100 people tailgating together, you could line up 10 cars no problem across from each other. Now, trying to do a convoy of more than 4 or 5 is impossible without getting crap from stadium staff.

4 years ago they started going around giving everybody s**t for having their tables too far into the path.

Every few years, there is so much command and control added and exerted onto tailgating that it's turning into a vanilla experience. Remove directional parking for the first hour of tailgating and you see lower complaints.

You realize that there is a student org lot, right? It's a ****show(A fun one to witness), but it exists. They aren't saying that you can't play any music, they are saying that you can't play explicit music. It's not that hard to find censored or remixed versions of songs, and in an atmosphere that is about appealing to families, I don't think that's too much to ask. Frankly, I don't go to the tailgates for the music, I go to kick it with my friends, play some beer pong, and run into some of my old classmates. The reason rules like this exist is because a lot of people are morons who have no respect for others.

Censoring the music someone can or can not play at a tailgate is 100x worse than just saying it can't be too loud.
Dude, it's one thing for songs to cuss every now and then but most of this crap goes way past that. I don't have kids but I get it. **** sure, I'll want my kids to go to come to the game and share my passion for our Canes. You're out in public not the club. There's nothing wrong with partying but keeping the tunes clean.

Oh wow, 30+ yr old dude thinks "new music" is crap these days with too much explicit language, what a surprise.
Since you wouldn't allow your kid to listen to music due to the explicit language, I also assume you also wouldn't let them play video games, watch tv, go to school, talk to friends, etc. Explicit language is only a big deal because you make it one. A kid hearing explicit words won't make him a problem at school or something.

Oh wow, 30+ yr old dude thinks "new music" is crap these days with too much explicit language, what a surprise.
Since you don't allow your kid to listen to music due to the explicit language, I also assume you don't let them play video games, watch tv, go to school, talk to friends, etc. Explicit language is only a big deal because you make it one. Your kid hearing explicit words won't make him a problem at school or something. I'm sure you're a good parent and everything, but your kid hearing explicit language is the least of your problems.
First off, I said cussing in songs isn't a big deal. I'm not 30 nor do I have kids. But I do have enough respect not to play songs talking about jizzing on some girls face when the dude next to you is trying to grill out with his eight year old daughter.

8940829.jpg

[]_[] swag;2638738 said:
As a recent UM grad, I can tell you this is going to absolutely kill student attendance at football games. A majority of students I knew at school would make the hour bus ride back and forth solely to go to the frat tailgates which centered around DJs and loud speakers.

Maybe this mentality will change for some if we start to put a consistent winning product on the field, but not for most.

2 hour long bus rides just to watch us play UVA sounds unappealing to the vast majority of students, it was only the promise of a rowdy party before that got students to the stadium.

The UM admin is insane and overbearing but even they recognized they couldn't ban rowdy tailgates, be it would kill student attendance.

As a less-than-recent UM grad, I can tell you that I don't give two ****s if the spoiled pvssies who can't be bothered to stay through the third quarter of football games decide to day-drink elsewhere.

Does he mean all 300 of the current students that actually might bother to turn up? ... and these maroons who want us to build an on campus stadium for them?

Advertisement
I'll be the first to let you know that this sh*t is not being followed, the fraternities and students are saying that it wont be enforced come gameday.

Signed,
Student who is also not gunna follow the rules (3 speakers, very explicit)

But not standing during the national anthem is acceptable from your employees (dolphin players). I will never go to another dolphin game as long as this clown is the owner.

National Anthem Stanza 3:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The National Anthem says that the Slaves of America (African Americans at the time) will never be saved, their blood will just wash away and cover what used to be of their history. The [slaves] will live in fear all the way until their death, and the flag will wave in victory...Over the land of the free, and home of the brave.

Even though he was a bigot slave owner, he was actually talking about the British and the people they were forcing to fight for them. Obviously he didn't mean land of the free for everyone but most people who are smarter than you or me about history agree he wasn't talking about AMERICANS who are "black". The flag and anthem represents every scar and change we've made, including the ridiculous period of slavery, a reminder of how far we've come. Do we need more change, yes, but the only way it's going to happen is if we are "indivisible, with liberty and justice for ALL" under that flag.
So you were in Francis Scott Keys' head when he wrote those lyrics. How old are you.

The Star spangled banner is a terrible song anyways. The Russian national anthem sounds like the Soviet union is boot stomping the world. They definitely have us beat in the national anthem competition. If we want a classic, I think America the Beautiful should be the national anthem (Ray Charles version). I would also accept Born in the USA by the Boss (or go avant garde and go with America, F*ck Yeah from Team America: World Police)

I'll be the first to let you know that this sh*t is not being followed, the fraternities and students are saying that it wont be enforced come gameday.

Signed,

Just know that you're dealing with Miami cops and that you all may get wood shampoos to the beat of whatever explicit song is being played.

Advertisement
All the muddafukkng gangstas gonna play their explicit sh*t so little girls can hear. Ya'll bad. Real badasses.

And by gangstas, I mean white, spoiled, entitled, priveliged cūmrags with last names like Epstein, or Winklecum, or VanDenJizz who like to pretend they're from the hood and have street cred a few times a year while they're in the parking lot.

Y'all some badasses.

Signed,

Just know that you're dealing with Miami cops and that you all may get wood shampoos to the beat of whatever explicit song is being played.

From my understanding, this is pretty much only being heavily enforced against the frats because of fightings. 5 kids were hospitalized at the FAU tailgate and 2 the week prior. My tailgates that has 30-50 people hasn't received any warnings or anything from the police and we do blast music.

Signed,

LOL - u one of those badass Kendall bois from Belen. Straight hood. Vicious gangsta. Don't nobody fūk with this savage.

Advertisement
But not standing during the national anthem is acceptable from your employees (dolphin players). I will never go to another dolphin game as long as this clown is the owner.

National Anthem Stanza 3:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The National Anthem says that the Slaves of America (African Americans at the time) will never be saved, their blood will just wash away and cover what used to be of their history. The [slaves] will live in fear all the way until their death, and the flag will wave in victory...Over the land of the free, and home of the brave.

Even though he was a bigot slave owner, he was actually talking about the British and the people they were forcing to fight for them. Obviously he didn't mean land of the free for everyone but most people who are smarter than you or me about history agree he wasn't talking about AMERICANS who are "black". The flag and anthem represents every scar and change we've made, including the ridiculous period of slavery, a reminder of how far we've come. Do we need more change, yes, but the only way it's going to happen is if we are "indivisible, with liberty and justice for ALL" under that flag.
So you were in Francis Scott Keys' head when he wrote those lyrics. How old are you.

The Star spangled banner is a terrible song anyways. The Russian national anthem sounds like the Soviet union is boot stomping the world. They definitely have us beat in the national anthem competition. If we want a classic, I think America the Beautiful should be the national anthem (Ray Charles version). I would also accept Born in the USA by the Boss (or go avant garde and go with America, F*ck Yeah from Team America: World Police)

This is a joke, right?
We've kicked some serious culo over the years under the "Star Spangled Banner"....conquered many villages and countries with that song representing our country, God's gift to humanity....why would you want to switch it to "America the Beautiful'? Having that song as our anthem is weak...but then again, this country is slowly being taken over skinny Jean wearing millenials and metrosexuals who play hackey sack during the weekend when not sucking male genitalia.

All the muddafukkng gangstas gonna play their explicit sh*t so little girls can hear. Ya'll bad. Real badasses.

And by gangstas, I mean white, spoiled, entitled, priveliged cūmrags with last names like Epstein, or Winklecum, or VanDenJizz who like to pretend they're from the hood and have street cred a few times a year while they're in the parking lot.

Y'all some badasses.

Visions of Tom Hanks' jizzrag son Chet come to mind when I hear these bootybags whining about being able to play their stupid *** music loud at a family event.

Y'all some badasses.

Visions of Tom Hanks' jizzrag son Chet come to mind when I hear these bootybags whining about being able to play their stupid *** music loud at a family event.

I see these posers and always laugh my *** off. They don't get it. People literally point and laugh at these fools. Chet Hanks is a perfect example. They got the pretend part right, but it's always a thin crust that cracks very easily.

Advertisement
we'll lower it when they come by, put it up when they leave.. though we don't have a "professional dj" setup

Since you wouldn't allow your kid to listen to music due to the explicit language, I also assume you also wouldn't let them play video games, watch tv, go to school, talk to friends, etc. Explicit language is only a big deal because you make it one. A kid hearing explicit words won't make him a problem at school or something.

its not about telling your kids what music to listen to. its about having toddlers and young kids and having them listening to blasting explict lyrics. what parent would willingly allow or feel comfortable with that??

This will have an impact on Juan from Little Havana and his Blue Lot Special.

Gonna be some violence going down in the blue lot when they tell Juanfromlittlehavanna to turn down his Geraldo. Should be quite the scene...

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back