Dolphin Stadium banning EXPLICIT music & DJs at UMiami games

You realize that there is a student org lot, right? It's a ****show(A fun one to witness), but it exists. They aren't saying that you can't play any music, they are saying that you can't play explicit music. It's not that hard to find censored or remixed versions of songs, and in an atmosphere that is about appealing to families, I don't think that's too much to ask. Frankly, I don't go to the tailgates for the music, I go to kick it with my friends, play some beer pong, and run into some of my old classmates. The reason rules like this exist is because a lot of people are morons who have no respect for others.

Censoring the music someone can or can not play at a tailgate is 100x worse than just saying it can't be too loud.
Anyone who complains about explicit lyrics needs to stop being a little *****.
Dude, it's one thing for songs to cuss every now and then but most of this crap goes way past that. I don't have kids but I get it. **** sure, I'll want my kids to go to come to the game and share my passion for our Canes. You're out in public not the club. There's nothing wrong with partying but keeping the tunes clean.

Oh wow, 30+ yr old dude thinks "new music" is crap these days with too much explicit language, what a surprise.
Since you wouldn't allow your kid to listen to music due to the explicit language, I also assume you also wouldn't let them play video games, watch tv, go to school, talk to friends, etc. Explicit language is only a big deal because you make it one. A kid hearing explicit words won't make him a problem at school or something.

its not about telling your kids what music to listen to. its about having toddlers and young kids and having them listening to blasting explict lyrics. what parent would willingly allow or feel comfortable with that??

I think you're making a much bigger deal than it is.
It's much worse having kids near people getting drunk then them hearing some bad language in music.
Either way, Fraternities and students should be in designated spots and be allowed to have fun.

Advertisement
escalator.gif

The supreme court already declared forcing someone to stand for the national anthem as unlawful so if Jerry Jones is actually doing that, he can be sued.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience at work when you decide you want to make a personal political statement on the company dime.

I own my own business. I believe that in America, freedom doesn't only apply to things I personally agree with.

I'm curious, does your boss know you're on a Hurricanes message board, posting garbage on his company's time?

Thank you for agreeing with my freedom to ask why you post such nonsense. With your limitations it must be some kind of business skippi!

[]_[] swag;2638738 said:
As a recent UM grad, I can tell you this is going to absolutely kill student attendance at football games. A majority of students I knew at school would make the hour bus ride back and forth solely to go to the frat tailgates which centered around DJs and loud speakers.

Maybe this mentality will change for some if we start to put a consistent winning product on the field, but not for most.

2 hour long bus rides just to watch us play UVA sounds unappealing to the vast majority of students, it was only the promise of a rowdy party before that got students to the stadium.

The UM admin is insane and overbearing but even they recognized they couldn't ban rowdy tailgates, be it would kill student attendance.

Sounds like your fellow alums and students are weak. The school needs to do a better job of finding real American students with an emphasis on the males who are actual men who love sports and less of the effeminate skinny Jean type. But then again, this is the same school that had Shalala as school president.

We're probably gonna be left with an all male student section. No girl is gonna take 2 hour long bus rides to sit in a blistering hot stadium to watch us play Duke on a Saturday when you could go to SoBe.

Hard Rock Stadium is banning explicit music and DJs from UMiami tailgates

[]_[] swag;2639305 said:
[]_[] swag;2638738 said:
As a recent UM grad, I can tell you this is going to absolutely kill student attendance at football games. A majority of students I knew at school would make the hour bus ride back and forth solely to go to the frat tailgates which centered around DJs and loud speakers.

Maybe this mentality will change for some if we start to put a consistent winning product on the field, but not for most.

2 hour long bus rides just to watch us play UVA sounds unappealing to the vast majority of students, it was only the promise of a rowdy party before that got students to the stadium.

The UM admin is insane and overbearing but even they recognized they couldn't ban rowdy tailgates, be it would kill student attendance.

Sounds like your fellow alums and students are weak. The school needs to do a better job of finding real American students with an emphasis on the males who are actual men who love sports and less of the effeminate skinny Jean type. But then again, this is the same school that had Shalala as school president.

We're probably gonna be left with an all male student section. No girl is gonna take 2 hour long bus rides to sit in a blistering hot stadium to watch us play Duke on a Saturday when you could go to SoBe.

It takes 2 hours for a bus to drive from Coral Gables to Miami Gardens? Is the bus a Flintstones bus where the driver has to use his feet to move it?

If the students can't tolerate a free bus 20 mile bus ride because they won't be allowed to listen to ****** music at the highest decibel level, then they should stay home because they're useless. They won't be cheering anyway because they're feeble and weak.

When did the ****** music become more important than the booze at tailgates anyway? These cumbags act like every event is bonaroo.

Advertisement
But not standing during the national anthem is acceptable from your employees (dolphin players). I will never go to another dolphin game as long as this clown is the owner.

National Anthem Stanza 3:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The National Anthem says that the Slaves of America (African Americans at the time) will never be saved, their blood will just wash away and cover what used to be of their history. The [slaves] will live in fear all the way until their death, and the flag will wave in victory...Over the land of the free, and home of the brave.

Even though he was a bigot slave owner, he was actually talking about the British and the people they were forcing to fight for them. Obviously he didn't mean land of the free for everyone but most people who are smarter than you or me about history agree he wasn't talking about AMERICANS who are "black". The flag and anthem represents every scar and change we've made, including the ridiculous period of slavery, a reminder of how far we've come. Do we need more change, yes, but the only way it's going to happen is if we are "indivisible, with liberty and justice for ALL" under that flag.
So you were in Francis Scott Keys' head when he wrote those lyrics. How old are you.

Of course I'm not that old so why make such a stupid comment, how about contributing with what you found and why you believe that. I actually read it, researched it, found the context of it and read people who know a lot more about it than me instead of taking some guys word on Twitter (which is where this originated from recently by way of an article posted on Twitter) that he was talking about black slaves in the Colonies. The guy was a bigot piece of crap (FSK) but we don't always have to twist things as something they aren't just to highlight what's wrong with the world today.

You know nothing about slavery in the colonies or any other time and are too lazy to find out. Instead of asking others to contribute what they found out why not do some homework yourself and learn if your opinion is fact-based or the product of indoctrination?

Then when you finally learn something share it with your friends elsewhere, this is a football board.

[]_[] swag;2639305 said:
[]_[] swag;2638738 said:

You're so fūcking weak. I used to laugh at soft twatbags like you when I was at UM. Your girl is getting jackhammered by someone way more masculine than you while we speak.

Censoring the music someone can or can not play at a tailgate is 100x worse than just saying it can't be too loud.
Anyone who complains about explicit lyrics needs to stop being a little *****.
Dude, it's one thing for songs to cuss every now and then but most of this crap goes way past that. I don't have kids but I get it. **** sure, I'll want my kids to go to come to the game and share my passion for our Canes. You're out in public not the club. There's nothing wrong with partying but keeping the tunes clean.

Oh wow, 30+ yr old dude thinks "new music" is crap these days with too much explicit language, what a surprise.
Since you wouldn't allow your kid to listen to music due to the explicit language, I also assume you also wouldn't let them play video games, watch tv, go to school, talk to friends, etc. Explicit language is only a big deal because you make it one. A kid hearing explicit words won't make him a problem at school or something.

its not about telling your kids what music to listen to. its about having toddlers and young kids and having them listening to blasting explict lyrics. what parent would willingly allow or feel comfortable with that??

I think you're making a much bigger deal than it is.
It's much worse having kids near people getting drunk then them hearing some bad language in music.
Either way, Fraternities and students should be in designated spots and be allowed to have fun.

Agree with both your points. College Kids or adults drinking themselves silly isn't the best example either and definitely in favor of designated areas for students but still don't object to the rule

Advertisement
Is *********ing in the stadium still ok or is that banned too?

Asking for a friend

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2639305 said:
[]_[] swag;2638738 said:

You're so fūcking weak. I used to laugh at soft ****bags like you when I was at UM. Your girl is getting jackhammered by someone way more masculine than you while we speak.

:hunt_dog_lol:

[]_[] swag;2639305 said:
[]_[] swag;2638738 said:

This is what I don't understand.
I live 1000 plus miles north of Coral Gables.
The closest UM games for me are the road games, and those are at least 8 hour round-grip drives to watch my Canes, dealing with ***** fans, etc.....so complaining about a bus trip from Gables to Joe Robbie stadium is comical....don't ever share that with students and fans from.other schools as they will laugh at you. Lol.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2639305 said:
[]_[] swag;2638738 said:

It takes 2 hours for a bus to drive from Coral Gables to Miami Gardens? Is the bus a Flintstones bus where the driver has to use his feet to move it?

If the students can't tolerate a free bus 20 mile bus ride because they won't be allowed to listen to ****** music at the highest decibel level, then they should stay home because they're useless. They won't be cheering anyway because they're feeble and weak.

When did the ****** music become more important than the booze at tailgates anyway? These cumbags act like every event is bonaroo.

He clearly meant combined 2 hours. Even then he's still wrong because its max of 1.5hrs. Plus, the bus ride back really isn't a big deal, at least half the students fall asleep on the ride back, which serves as a half our power nap before you go out later that night.
Anyways, the students that do the tailgating don't even ride the school provided buses because those don't leave until like 2 hours before games start, so the students that tailgate either drive with friends or hit up a fraternity bus, which is essentially just a party bus, where people sing along and drink, which really isn't bad.
Obviously it would be 10x better to not have to take a bus to games, but it really isn't bad. biggest problem is that if you do take the bus you have to sneak alcohol on with you, and you run the risk of getting caught which means you can no longer use the bus or attend games the rest of the year, have to pay a fine, and probably other stuff.

The democrats also started the kkk

Those democrats would be considered republicans today. The parties are totally reversed from the time of Lincoln and the Civil War.

Robert Byrd (and many like him) tends to disagree with your erroneous view of history.

Brush up youngin'. Stop spreading the lies

The policies say it all. Republican ideology today is against big federal government and for states rights, which is the same policies of the old Democratic party. The Republican party directly after the war also passed a bunch of social justice reforms as well. Hardly the Republican party of today. Brush up youngin? As if any of us were around at that time.. lol... I'm not suggesting there aren't, or haven't been racist Democrats since, but the parties have swapped platforms. That is certainly not a lie.

Actually History will be telling you that the Democratic Party is still doing the same thing that it's always done.....doing and saying whatever it is to get votes.

Advertisement
Back