Dolphin Stadium banning EXPLICIT music & DJs at UMiami games

CaneVR

GoD: Richt is Coming
Just when that assclown Ross did enough renovations to the point where I said "Maybe tailgating and playing here isn't so bad after all."

Full steam ahead Beckham. I cannot wait to see Blake break this contract. RIP E4.

Hard Rock Stadium is banning explicit music and DJs from UMiami tailgates
Music is going to be banned from all UM tailgates, ‘less than two weeks before the biggest game of the season.

Thanks to Miami police and Hard Rock Stadium, all speakers DJs and sound equipment is to be outlawed under new regulations aimed at reducing rowdiness at tailgates.

Messages seen by the Tab show that Hard Rock Stadium are enforcing the new measures “in the interest of supporting a safe tailgating environment.”

According to a fraternity president that wishes to remain anonymous, the IFC informed fraternities this evening after a meeting where all UMiami frats agreed to comply with the new rules. He said “No-one is happy about this, but we gotta make the best of the situation and move forward.

According to Hard Rock Stadium’s Code of Conduct, “Music must be played at reasonable volume and shall not contain explicit lyrics. Violators will be ejected. No professional DJ setups are permitted in parking lots.”

Advertisement
Lol nobody wanted to listen to your crappy music anyways.

Coming from someone who never went or only went to the lamest ***ing tailgates at the Orangle Bowl. This is just another set of rules that takes away from the college environment that once was the OB.

It started seven years ago when they said "Eliminating the student tailgate section will mean we won't have crazy tailgates"

Then six years ago, they removed your choice of where to park by implementing directional parking. Now that family of six is forced to park next to a fraternity because Junior Deputy from MDPD says so. The first few years when we could pick our spots didn't have as much overlap. If you had 100 people tailgating together, you could line up 10 cars no problem across from each other. Now, trying to do a convoy of more than 4 or 5 is impossible without getting crap from stadium staff.

4 years ago they started going around giving everybody s**t for having their tables too far into the path.

Every few years, there is so much command and control added and exerted onto tailgating that it's turning into a vanilla experience. Remove directional parking for the first hour of tailgating and you see lower complaints.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Simple solution: They should (1) allow for more open parking options like they used to and (2) designate "family" and "party" tailgate zones.

This is dumb.

People are going to continue to play whatever music they want.

They don't have enough manpower to enforce it.

Advertisement
Love the renovations and the easiness of getting in and out of the stadium. But BS like this is the reason we need our own stadium in the future even if it never comes close to being as nice as Hard Rock. Fak Stephen Ross and his squad.

Advertisement
But not standing during the national anthem is acceptable from your employees (dolphin players). I will never go to another dolphin game as long as this clown is the owner.

But not standing during the national anthem is acceptable from your employees (dolphin players). I will never go to another dolphin game as long as this clown is the owner.

National Anthem Stanza 3:

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The National Anthem says that the Slaves of America (African Americans at the time) will never be saved, their blood will just wash away and cover what used to be of their history. The [slaves] will live in fear all the way until their death, and the flag will wave in victory...Over the land of the free, and home of the brave.

I think this is more about having DJ's specifically. If you're playing music the most they'll do is ask you to turn it down. You do it then turn it back up in a few minutes.

Advertisement
The distance you had to reach for that false equivalency was impressive...

Massive amounts of stupid, but impressive nonetheless.

This will have an impact on Juan from Little Havana and his Blue Lot Special.

According to Hard Rock Stadium’s Code of Conduct, “Music must be played at reasonable volume and shall not contain explicit lyrics. Violators will be ejected. No professional DJ setups are permitted in parking lots.”

Not sure you can do much about explicit language, but my REASONABLE VOLUME is LOUD (unless specifically given decibels and measured correctly) and I sure as **** don't have a PROFESSIONAL DJ SETUP (I do it for fun which makes me an amateur).

:officemoon:

Advertisement
Back