Doesn't make sense

No we don't necessarily need to out coach these inferior teams because our players are considerably more talented. What we do need though, is to not get absolutely destroyed by the other coaching staffs. If this current staff wasn't getting completely lapped by the opposing coaching staff every week, then our talent might actually show and we would beat all of these teams that we're supposed to beat.
Again LOL.

It's the Jimmy's and the Joe's not the X's and the O's kid. And this isn't to say that we were less talented or we even need more talent to beat FIU, Duke, and GT. But how about being honest, should Duke CBs lock down our WRs in man all game? Should FIU, outside of the great call on the WR screen for a TD after a TO, really move the ball against our D? I mean did we get a sack in FIU? Should our QB have 3 picks before almost the end of the 1Q? You mean to tell me they 'schemed' up something so well and so out coached us that our vaunted DL couldn't make 1 play? We had the nations second leading Sack master and he couldn't shed 1 block and make a few plays? Don't even get me started on the kicking game! Should Duke WRs be running free in critical times? Should GT fake punts score when we have defense safe on the field? Should our OL not be able to get a finger on players who are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less talented?

Somewhere along the line what you put on tape has to matter. Doesn't matter what your record is, it should matter what you put on tape because that does matter to the people who will decide whether or not you can play in the NFL. Basically PRIDE doesn't let you dog it for multiple games, PRIDE doesn't let you get locked down by inferior athletes. The teams we lost too for the most part didn't out scheme us, didn't out play call us for the most part (VT how they used the TE picked on Shaq), didn't do anything except their kids wanted to beat us more and our kids didn't care if they were beat.

This isn't a ringing endorsement of the staff, this isn't defending the staff, this isn't saying there shouldn't be changes, but this is saying the problem is way more than just coaching. It doesn't matter when you scheme or what the play call is when you have a team like this. Plays are there to be made, not spectacular plays that make the Top 10, just regular plays are there to be made. When we were great we always made those plays, always. It wasn't coaching, it was players making plays that were there to be made.

Advertisement
Lots of pieces go into a player and a team being successful.

#1 rated players we've had (at their positions) that worked out:

-the DT from Carol City from around 40 years ago (can't think of his name, played with the Patriots in the pros)
- Damien Lewis, top DT
- Jesse Armstead and DJ Williams, top LBs
- Greg Olsen, top TE (xfer from ND)
- Brock Berlin, top QB (xfer from UF)
- Kenny Phillips, top S
- Tracy Howard, top CB

and probably others I can't think of at the moment.

#1 rated players we've had that really didn't work out:

- Arthur Brown and Willie Williams, LBs
- Marcus Forston, DT
- Ryan Moore, WR
- Kyle Wright, QB
- Seantrel Henderson, OT (sketchy on him though - maybe he was productive here, can't remember too well)

For many of the top picks that worked out, we had a solid staff. For those that didn't, we didn't have the best staff in any of these cases.

Having the wrong staff costs a lot of wins for the team and a lot of potential future NFL money for the players.

No we don't necessarily need to out coach these inferior teams because our players are considerably more talented. What we do need though, is to not get absolutely destroyed by the other coaching staffs. If this current staff wasn't getting completely lapped by the opposing coaching staff every week, then our talent might actually show and we would beat all of these teams that we're supposed to beat.
And this right here is why Im puzzled at how every year people get on here and forecast an 11-0 or 10-1 season when we have consistently been out corcheded by inferior teams. Maybe that right there is the problem, the fact that we THINK we are better or superior?...... when in fact have become the regular Joe, middle of the road acc team.....I digress....

Given our established numbers in terms of the talent when compared to some of the heavy weights of cfb, the only rational explanation for the past decade + of mediocrity is due to the corching, administration and management of the football program. Corching is on a completely different level as we ******* suck now and have sucked for over a decade. The (TNM) bs is the same ol same ol. This is end of ****er, end of randy, the entire al golden era, and richts final yr here all combined into 1.........manuelo, peno, and baked! Movie will end the same, anyone not seeing it is a complete blind slurper.

I, an overweight old guy, could play OL for Clemson running the spread. Just get in the way of defenders and make them take a second to throw you aside................................OK, I might only last one play........................

I think it's safe to say coaching matters, development matters and system fit is imperative.
This. 1000x, this. This all boils down to having the right culture, and the players buying into it. That's why Clemson can reload at spots like OL with guys that aren't the highest ranked players, and still operate at a high level.

Advertisement
Roman has been working triple overtime to lay this all at some magic Xs and Os scheme fix and not his brethren Manny. Pathetic.

Roman do you think we should have to out coach, out scheme, and out play call a team like Duke, FIU, GT?
The goal is to have the advantage in all 3 of those facets you mentioned (and add out-talent to that) in order to be an elite team. That's the end goal. That's where the Bama/LSU/Clemson/OU/tOSU*'s are today.

It's not that we have to have those things to beat teams like Duke/FIU/GT, it's that we need all of those things in order to make it to where we want to eventually be...which is back competing for titles.

Call me crazy, but I want us to out-coach, out-scheme, out-playcall, and out-talent everybody we possibly can.

The goal is to have the advantage in all 3 of those facets you mentioned (and add out-talent to that) in order to be an elite team. That's the end goal. That's where the Bama/LSU/Clemson/OU/tOSU*'s are today.

It's not that we have to have those things to beat teams like Duke/FIU/GT, it's that we need all of those things in order to make it to where we want to eventually be...which is back competing for titles.

Call me crazy, but I want us to out-coach, out-scheme, out-playcall, and out-talent everybody we possibly can.
I don't disagree with anything you just said and i want those same things too.

Advertisement

so smart. i agree man, i just want to be better than all of our opponents too! i mean just score more points than the other team and i'd be so happy!

Lots of pieces go into a player and a team being successful.

#1 rated players we've had (at their positions) that worked out:

-the DT from Carol City from around 40 years ago (can't think of his name, played with the Patriots in the pros)
- Damien Lewis, top DT
- Jesse Armstead and DJ Williams, top LBs
- Greg Olsen, top TE (xfer from ND)
- Brock Berlin, top QB (xfer from UF)
- Kenny Phillips, top S
- Tracy Howard, top CB

and probably others I can't think of at the moment.

#1 rated players we've had that really didn't work out:

- Arthur Brown and Willie Williams, LBs
- Marcus Forston, DT
- Ryan Moore, WR
- Kyle Wright, QB
- Seantrel Henderson, OT (sketchy on him though - maybe he was productive here, can't remember too well)

For many of the top picks that worked out, we had a solid staff. For those that didn't, we didn't have the best staff in any of these cases.

Having the wrong staff costs a lot of wins for the team and a lot of potential future NFL money for the players.
When Seantrel played, he was **** good. But he was hurt, had a drug suspension, and the staph didn't play him nearly enough.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=C&collegeName=Clemson&abbrFlag=0&type=school

In an 11 year time frame (2019-2009) Clemson has had 7 top 25 scoring offenses while Miami has had ZERO.

Yet Clemson has not had a single first round offensive linemen drafted and only TWO offensive linemen drafted in that time frame.

Miami? Has had a first round offensive lineman and a total of EIGHT offensive linemen drafted in that time frame.

The offensive struggles blamed solely on the offensive line talent seriously took a hit no? I think it's safe to say coaching matters, development matters and system fit is imperative.

Thanks, we've never seen this stat before. Thank god I'm only paying $75 a month for this.

Advertisement
Just remember this people before yall get to carried away with the clemson & dabo piece, who on here actually thinks dabo is a good coach, lol, the main thing that happened with clemson is simple, they are just a s.e.c. team in the ACC, once clemson decided to go all in on the program, brought in brent veneables as the d-co, started dropping big bags for d-linemen and players, the plan actually started taking shape when they got cj spiller, than on to sammy watkins. This dabo guy is not that good of a headcoach, which is why coach richt looked at em and thinks he's a joke cause he knows dabo doeesnt share his same principals and is a cheater. Showed his hypocrite class when coach richt was on the set, but to the media praising em. People seem to have short memories these days, dabo lost 2 coach shannon and the times they did get victories over us it was either on miraculous type plays or battles, than the decision that UM didnt make, clemson did, go all in on dabo.

If UM would've went halfway in with coach shannon, this program would've been way better off, for instance, simple **** like, giving coach shannon more money to invest in the S&C program along with coach swasey. That alone would've kept us on point. We fell behind in that department, point being,the rise of dabo took along time, and how he got their,i can tell you it wasnt because of his coaching!

Just remember this people before yall get to carried away with the clemson & dabo piece, who on here actually thinks dabo is a good coach, lol, the main thing that happened with clemson is simple, they are just a s.e.c. team in the ACC, once clemson decided to go all in on the program, brought in brent veneables as the d-co, started dropping big bags for d-linemen and players, the plan actually started taking shape when they got cj spiller, than on to sammy watkins. This dabo guy is not that good of a headcoach, which is why coach richt looked at em and thinks he's a joke cause he knows dabo doeesnt share his same principals and is a cheater. Showed his hypocrite class when coach richt was on the set, but to the media praising em. People seem to have short memories these days, dabo lost 2 coach shannon and the times they did get victories over us it was either on miraculous type plays or battles, than the decision that UM didnt make, clemson did, go all in on dabo.

If UM would've went halfway in with coach shannon, this program would've been way better off, for instance, simple **** like, giving coach shannon more money to invest in the S&C program along with coach swasey. That alone would've kept us on point. We fell behind in that department, point being,the rise of dabo took along time, and how he got their,i can tell you it wasnt because of his coaching!

I think Dabo is an elite coach.

He built Clemson, from the ground up.

He wasn’t elite on day 1 ... Thus, the loses to Shannon. But today, I don’t think there is a better college coach.

Advertisement
Coaching, player development, scheme all go hand in hand when you’re talking about a winning culture.

I purposely listed this regarding importance, but all 3 and integral in creating a winning culture. How many KSU players or TCU players have been drafted v. their record over the past 10 yrs?

We used to have all 3 phases down, but the 1st part of the equation has suffered, hence the latter two have fallen off. We are giving NFL teams our players at a bargain b/c of this. Smh

LOL mane. That's pretty funny.

You also forgot to mention Clemson has had one of the best QBs (arguably the best player) in the nation for 5 out of the last 7 years. That could have something to do with their offensive production. Now does it make some sense as to why they would have a top offense?

I didn't forget to mention something that I wasn't mentioning. It wasn't a qb debate. It was an offensive line one.

The top scoring offenses was a back drop. But according to your logic... offensive line doesn't matter.. only a really good qb does.

So, funny enough, there is a thread on the Clemson 247 board today regarding OLinemen. It appears they are going to make a move for one of UGA's 4* commits - Tate Ratledge- now that Pittman has moved on.

Clemson returning scholly OL in 2020 (not accounting for attrition)

G/C Cade Stewart (RS SR)
T Chandler Reeves (RS SR)
G Matt Bockhorst (RS JR)
T/G Blake Vinson (RS JR)
T Jackson Carman (JR)
T Jordan McFadden (RS SO)
G Will Putnam (SO)
G/C Mason Trotter (RS FR)
C Hunter Rayburn (RS FR)
G Kaleb Boateng (RS FR)

+6 commitments (already held verbal commitments) - 1-4* OT and 1- 3* OT, 3- 4* OG and 1- 3* OG

= 16

They anticipate losing one and possibly gaining 1 if they can flip Ratledge...... so net remains the same.

The John Madden brainwashing of dopey fans has led them to feel smart when they blame all of an offense’s problems on the OL. It’s the simpleton’s answer to everything.

Meanwhile, every year we load up on 4 star OL but all of our guys mysteriously and coincidentally suck while teams that don’t recruit at our level manage to field respectable and, often, high-powered offenses.

Design an offense that doesn’t move glacially, and maybe your OL won’t look so awful. Your OL might look bad because your system is ****.

Put a good, modern system in here, and this offense will hum with these same players. Look at USC and LSU if you don’t believe me. They finally ditched archaic systems and immediately and dramatically improved.

Advertisement
Back