Does Golden get a pass if we beat FSU?

Advertisement
I'm sure Clemson or Duke would be selected before us. Just sayin'.

IF we win out (there's that IF again), we would have a great shot at the Peach Bowl. Duke will get blown out by FSU & until they can prove otherwise, I expect Clemson to lose to South Carolina the final weekend. Considering who we beat & the momentum we have, I think they'd select us. (they did their good deed last year)

Even with a South Carolina loss a 10-2 Clemson or 11-2 Duke team is more favorable, and more valuable, to the selection committee than a 9-3 Miami team.

Folden is going to ride Duke Johnson, who happens to be the best player in college football. What is that bloated worm going to do next year when Duke's not there to save him?

He'd be well served to ride Duke the rest of the way and then pull a Crank Haith and look for a "promotion" to Buttgers. His agent should be working that Buttgers angle right now harder than dk72 works Folden's shaft.

Folden is going to ride Duke Johnson, who happens to be the best player in college football. What is that bloated worm going to do next year when Duke's not there to save him?

He'd be well served to ride Duke the rest of the way and then pull a Crank Haith and look for a "promotion" to Buttgers. His agent should be working that Buttgers angle right now harder than dk72 works Folden's shaft.

He will ride Randy Johnson, Jr. the way Jack Bicknell rode Doug Flutie. I hope Folden is smarter than Cowboy Jack was and realizes that it was the dominant player who made him and takes that coveted B1G job and positions himself for the Ped State job when James Franklin gets the ziggy.

I'm sure Clemson or Duke would be selected before us. Just sayin'.

IF we win out (there's that IF again), we would have a great shot at the Peach Bowl. Duke will get blown out by FSU & until they can prove otherwise, I expect Clemson to lose to South Carolina the final weekend. Considering who we beat & the momentum we have, I think they'd select us. (they did their good deed last year)

Even with a South Carolina loss a 10-2 Clemson or 11-2 Duke team is more favorable, and more valuable, to the selection committee than a 9-3 Miami team.

This. Clemson fans in particular would pack the GA Dome.

Advertisement

Ride Brad Kaaya who is the best true freshman quarterback in the country and will be one of the best quarterbacks in the nation next year. We'll be more than fine with a bigger Joseph Yearby and the addition of Scarlett and Williams. You have a lot of options at wide receiver. You lose McDermott and Feliciano on your offensive line. Everybody else is coming back and that includes Flowers in my opinion.

This team will be really, really good next year. This year's edition reminds me a lot of our 1999 team.

Lots of optimism around here with how the defense has been playing and how we've been winning. How and why does your opinion of Golden change if we beat FSU?

For me the only thing that change my opinion is not only beating FSU but we need to win out and show a commitment to this aggressive defense. Anything short of that and my opinion stays the same. Championships are the goal and I don't think Golden can do it.

You and all your fellow banner-flying whiners with your ridiculous "my way or the highway" philosophy, go back to working your miserable day jobs and STFU!

:reaction:

Advertisement
Even with a South Carolina loss a 10-2 Clemson or 11-2 Duke team is more favorable.

Clemson would have 3 losses just like us (they have 2 already).. That's a no brainer considering they lost their last game & we were on an impressive winning streak. 11-2 Duke or 9-3 Miami.. I think it would go to Miami.

Clemson fans in particular would pack the GA Dome.

Clemson vs SEC team is boring.. It happens twice every year. Miami would be on a 6 game winning streak (including #1 FSU) vs Clemson being on a losing streak. Duke might get the nod. Not Clemson. (we pack the house in ATL)

:reaction:

I actually like this....makes a lot of sense...good idea!

Advertisement
Hey guys new to this forum. Golden is doing a great job with Miami. I know the d has been down and we are used to having great defenses. He needs two more years of his recruits with no sanctions looming over Him, which now he has. Also he is the one that stuck with us through all the crap we just went through. I do hope he makes the right call and gets rid of denafrio (his friend) and brings in a really coordinator.

Folden gets another year in my book if he wins out. The improvement has been palpable. 10-3 riding a 7 game winning streak into next year will actually be a sign of coaching improvement. Wether he changed the scheme or just learned how to more effectively communicate it to players is an indication that he's figuring it out on the job.

But given his track record, 4 more wins is an awfully high mountain to climb for him and I don't think he's capable. Time will tell, but I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. The banners on hold for me for the time being.

Hey guys new to this forum. Golden is doing a great job with Miami. I know the d has been down and we are used to having great defenses. He needs two more years of his recruits with no sanctions looming over Him, which now he has. Also he is the one that stuck with us through all the crap we just went through. I do hope he makes the right call and gets rid of denafrio (his friend) and brings in a really coordinator.

A great job? Wow

Advertisement

Obvious_8422b6_613003.jpg

Wow, a coach is going to utilize his top player! Brilliant, insightful football analysis there franchie. Who ever would've thought that? You sure do know football better than everyone else.

Wow, a coach is going to utilize his top player! Brilliant, insightful football analysis there franchie. Who ever would've thought that? You sure do know football better than everyone else.

Once again, mouth breathing your way to completely missing the point.

The point is Golden has had a mediocre to poor 4th year and that's WITH one of the best players in football. What's he going to look like without that horse???

Duke Johnson isn't the reason we are blitzing more and more, loading boxes, and bringing down ball carriers with the first guy. Go back and watch the losses this year. We lost at UL because Duke was running into stacked boxes and the coaches were afraid to throw it. The defense played okay for the most part. Against Nebraska the coaches never brought anyone into the box and we were ran all over because no one could make a tackle even when we met them for little to no gain. The turnovers were killers too. Without the TO's, we probably actually still win. Duke's fumble went from us getting the lead to being behind 10 points. Then the loss at GT was the fact that we had 2 turnovers in the redzone and the defense couldn't make a few key 3rd down stops.

What is happening now is all of those issues have been corrected and the team has dominated. Everyone ahtes that we lost early on in the year, but you can't deny the growth of the players and even the staff. If the trend continues and there is a good showing against FSU and to close the year out, you have to be excited for the future. Of course if the year ends in an ugly fashion that has a lot of issues pointing back to the coaches, then I will agree it is time for a change. Right now however, the team is trending up, players and coaches, and if it continues, Golden and crew have earned the right to prove to us all they can be great coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back