Does Golden get a pass if we beat FSU?

If we win out and Duke wins out, Duke is 11-1 and we are 9-3. Duke would have back-to-back Coastal championships under Golden's watch.

Golden doesn't get a pass for beating FSU...but it might be a start.

Advertisement
Golden now has an established track record of losing to mediocre teams and getting blown out against good ones. These last three weeks have been a good sign with regard to mediocre teams, and a win with an aggressive defense against FSU would be a great sign concerning top level teams.

But that doesn't change his pathetic record over the last 3 1/2 years. I am not going to feel any better about the utter lack of preparation his team showed against Louisville in our first bowl game in years. In other words, our disgust with his defense has been built over a long period of time. Changing that view will take time as well, including sustained success against legitimate competition, which we have not seen thus far.

Winning out is useless if we don't win the ACC. Fact.

I disagree.

If we: end FSU's streak, handle UVA/Pitt & win a Chick-fil-a bowl game over an SEC team, it wouldn't be useless. 10 win season, lots of momentum & most importantly, they've showed a willingness to adapt/make changes. I'm happy.

He most definitely will......from the administration.

Fly The F*cking Banner....

Yes, the administration, the sports media, anyone who knows anything about football, and most of the fans besides the screwy banner boys who are more about whining and acting like drama queens than football anyway.

Advertisement
Canes aren't going to the ACC championship game. Duke has four games left.. syracuse in NY and then VT, NC, and Wake forest at home. Those four teams have a combined 4 ACC wins. I don't see them dropping another game. GT has to play Clemson so that's probably a L for them. Can you imagine? If the Canes hadn't beaten Duke, they could have gone 12-0 in the regular season. What the **** is going on in the world?

GT is irrelevant as we would win a 3 way tie with Duke and GT (assuming Duke lost 1 more and we won out).

Goal number 1 is to win out.

Lol , people still think golden is getting fired. We're beyond that. We needed to take l's to both VT and UNC for it to even to be a discussion. We'll see about Donof, if we end up with a top 25 D it's going to be hard to fire him, unless there are non football issues within the staff.

If we are good enough to end our biggest rival's 25 game winning streak (assuming FSU handles UVA), we should be good enough to beat UVA and Pitt. Beating FSU would be great. Following a win like that with a loss to either of our last opponents would be unacceptable to me - not that what is acceptable to me matters.

Advertisement
If we are good enough to end our biggest rival's 25 game winning streak (assuming FSU handles UVA), we should be good enough to beat UVA and Pitt. Beating FSU would be great. Following a win like that with a loss to either of our last opponents would be unacceptable to me - not that what is acceptable to me matters.

That is pretty much how it goes. Another 5-3 performance in the ACC would indicate Al's Ceiling.

Basically, FSU is the hardest question on the test. Getting it right is great. Be careful on the easy ones, because the easy ones cancels it out.

I believe he will win the last three games of the regular season barring serious injuries especially to Randy Johnson, Jr. because Pitt and ***** are tomato cans and F$U is vulnerable. If we win those games, it then raises the question of "why did we lose to a depleted Louisville team, Nebraska and GT." Based on those three ****** losses, I won't give him a pass.

I'll say it again, I hope he wins out and takes his talents to another school.

Winning out is useless if we don't win the ACC. Fact.

I disagree.

If we: end FSU's streak, handle UVA/Pitt & win a Chick-fil-a bowl game over an SEC team, it wouldn't be useless. 10 win season, lots of momentum & most importantly, they've showed a willingness to adapt/make changes. I'm happy.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o_zpsa73850be.gif

Being here in Atlanta I would probably go to that if they came into town, but we haven't even been on the radar for the ACC/SEC Kick-Off or the Chick-Fil-A bowl since LSU anal probed us. I'm sure Clemson or Duke would be selected before us. Just sayin'.

Advertisement
Canes aren't going to the ACC championship game. Duke has four games left.. syracuse in NY and then VT, NC, and Wake forest at home. Those four teams have a combined 4 ACC wins. I don't see them dropping another game. GT has to play Clemson so that's probably a L for them. Can you imagine? If the Canes hadn't beaten Duke, they could have gone 12-0 in the regular season. What the **** is going on in the world?

GT is irrelevant as we would win a 3 way tie with Duke and GT (assuming Duke lost 1 more and we won out).

Can you explain to me how we would win the tie breaker if Duke, GT and Miami all go 6-2 in conference? We beat Duke and Duke beat GT. How do you decide from there? After head to head, overall record is next, right? If that's the case, we can't win.

Advertisement
I'm sure Clemson or Duke would be selected before us. Just sayin'.

IF we win out (there's that IF again), we would have a great shot at the Peach Bowl. Duke will get blown out by FSU & until they can prove otherwise, I expect Clemson to lose to South Carolina the final weekend. Considering who we beat & the momentum we have, I think they'd select us. (they did their good deed last year)

Can you explain to me how we would win the tie breaker if Duke, GT and Miami all go 6-2 in conference? We beat Duke and Duke beat GT. How do you decide from there? After head to head, overall record is next, right? If that's the case, we can't win.

Record against coastal opponents is next to determine the tiebreak.

It comes down to divisional record. GT lost to UNC and Duke (2 Coastal losses). If Duke loses one more, regardless of who, we win the tiebreaker over them since we only have one Coastal loss (assuming we win out).

So we're assuming 6-2 each?

(Three team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaking procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can only be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaking procedure will then be applied).

1. Combined head-to-head winning percentage among the tied teams.

Everyone will be 1-1, so we go to #2.

2. Winning percentage of the tied teams within the division.

We have a Loss to FSU which is in the Atlantic. We would be 5-1 in the division.

GT lost to Duke and UNC. That is 2 losses in the division, at best they would be 4-2.

Let's assume Duke does the same as us (5-1) in the division.

GT Drops out because they have an extra loss in the division. If somehow Duke lost 1 more in the division, it would be over here.

After GT drops out, you're left with 2 teams. They use the ACC 2-Team tiebreaker

Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

We beat Duke, it is over and we go.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/ACC-Football-Championship-Tiebreakers

Advertisement
Back