Does Golden get a pass if we beat FSU?

Folden is going to ride Duke Johnson, who happens to be the best player in college football. What is that bloated worm going to do next year when Duke's not there to save him?

He'd be well served to ride Duke the rest of the way and then pull a Crank Haith and look for a "promotion" to Buttgers. His agent should be working that Buttgers angle right now harder than dk72 works Folden's shaft.

Wow, a coach is going to utilize his top player! Brilliant, insightful football analysis there franchie. Who ever would've thought that? You sure do know football better than everyone else.

Once again, mouth breathing your way to completely missing the point.

The point is Golden has had a mediocre to poor 4th year and that's WITH one of the best players in football. What's he going to look like without that horse???

It takes a mouth breather and total football illiterate to not know we will have a top notch QB (Kaaya) and an excellent RB (Yearby) next year, along with lots of other talent, and more depth. Go back and study football 101 and then come back and talk with the grownups, ok Skippy?

Advertisement
Folden is going to ride Duke Johnson, who happens to be the best player in college football. What is that bloated worm going to do next year when Duke's not there to save him?

He'd be well served to ride Duke the rest of the way and then pull a Crank Haith and look for a "promotion" to Buttgers. His agent should be working that Buttgers angle right now harder than dk72 works Folden's shaft.

Wow, a coach is going to utilize his top player! Brilliant, insightful football analysis there franchie. Who ever would've thought that? You sure do know football better than everyone else.

The point is Golden has had a mediocre to poor 4th year and that's WITH one of the best players in football. What's he going to look like without that horse???

It takes a mouth breather and total football illiterate to not know we will have a top notch QB (Kaaya) and an excellent RB (Yearby) next year, along with lots of other talent, and more depth. Go back and study football 101 and then come back and talk with the grownups, ok Skippy?

What he said, Skippy. Besides how is 6-3 at this point of the season with a thriving offense and the #11 defense labeled "mediocre to poor"?

What he said, Skippy. Besides how is 6-3 at this point of the season with a thriving offense and the #11 defense labeled "mediocre to poor"?

Because three of those games are GIMME games. Which means that in games that matter, we're .500 Considering that we have more talent than all three teams to whom we've lost, 3-3 = mediocre to poor. Ya Dig?

Because three of those games are GIMME games. Which means that in games that matter, we're .500 Considering that we have more talent than all three teams to whom we've lost, 3-3 = mediocre to poor. Ya Dig?

GT was the only 'gimme';

Neb has been ranked top 15 all yr = not a gimme;

Louisville was what it was. 18 yr old QB, opening night = not a gimme.

You guys with your 'championship or bust' mentality in 2014. You forgot the Shannon years? You forgot the Shapiro crap? You actually thought we'd go 12-0 this yr because you queued up "The U" documentary on your DVR and watched it before the season started? Get real.

Advertisement
NO, that's just like going down the same road and hoping for a miracle, pretending like things will go in the right direction. I respect the **** out of AG but this is just not a good fit for him. I would hire a coach who can relate to kids mainly in south florida (coach does not have to be from that area), but also everywhere in the world. A coach who is confident and as fans we see his confidence and aggressiveness wear off on his players. A two dimensional coach with great player development skills and great game day preparation. I'm not even sure if we have a traditional pregame speech or hype up speech prior to entering the field, how sad.

Clemson fans in particular would pack the GA Dome.

Clemson vs SEC team is boring.. It happens twice every year. Miami would be on a 6 game winning streak (including #1 FSU) vs Clemson being on a losing streak. Duke might get the nod. Not Clemson. (we pack the house in ATL)

You may consider the game boring. The average fan watching college bowl games does not. More importantly, the bowl selection committe likes to see high attendance, which they would get from Clemson, not from UM.

He will ride Randy Johnson, Jr. the way Jack Bicknell rode Doug Flutie. I hope Folden is smarter than Cowboy Jack was and realizes that it was the dominant player who made him and takes that coveted B1G job and positions himself for the Ped State job when James Franklin gets the ziggy.
That Buttgers job has his name all over it. That meatball can return to the Jersey shore a conquering hero, and make it look like he got a promotion.

The average fan watching college bowl games does not. More importantly, the bowl selection committe likes to see high attendance, which they would get from Clemson, not from UM.

Miami fans showing up in ATL has never been an issue.. Might as well be in Miami. As for the average fan, do you honestly think they'd rather watch Clemson on the big stage then Miami? Look at the ratings. Relevant or not, we still sell.

Advertisement

He will ride Randy Johnson, Jr. the way Jack Bicknell rode Doug Flutie. I hope Folden is smarter than Cowboy Jack was and realizes that it was the dominant player who made him and takes that coveted B1G job and positions himself for the Ped State job when James Franklin gets the ziggy.
That Buttgers job has his name all over it. That meatball can return to the Jersey shore a conquering hero, and make it look like he got a promotion.

Cowpie Jack was a Jersey guy as well and he wasn't smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall. Hopefully, the walking cannelloni hates South Florida people and UM fans enough to go back to the Garden State, or anywhere else for that matter.

Thanks for translating that into Mouthfullac0ck so dumbkelly72 has a chance to understand. His crush has managed to lose 3 games to mediocre teams with the best QB we've had since Dorsey, the best player in college football in Duke, and a very experienced, talented upperclass-laden team.

Folden better ride this into another gig because he's going to miss Duke and all the upperclassmen next year.

Last edited:

Cowpie Jack was a Jersey guy as well and he wasn't smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall. Hopefully, the walking cannelloni hates South Florida people and UM fans enough to go back to the Garden State, or anywhere else for that matter.
Folden has shown an uncanny knack for politics and self-preservation. I don't know if the Cowboy had that same m.o. So I can see him not making the same mistake Cowboy Jack did, but you know Cowboy Jack infinitely better than I do.

Yikes STYLIE the *** pms are a bit much. Im not into that but clearly hanging on Goldens nuts is where you belong

Advertisement

GT was the only 'gimme';

You guys with your 'championship or bust' mentality in 2014. You forgot the Shannon years? You forgot the Shapiro crap? You actually thought we'd go 12-0 this yr because you queued up "The U" documentary on your DVR and watched it before the season started? Get real.

3 OF THOSE games were gimme games. OF THOSE being the pertinent words. Take a second and reread what I wrote. I'm sure you will then understand I was not talking about our losses.

Ride Brad Kaaya who is the best true freshman quarterback in the country and will be one of the best quarterbacks in the nation next year. We'll be more than fine with a bigger Joseph Yearby and the addition of Scarlett and Williams. You have a lot of options at wide receiver. You lose McDermott and Feliciano on your offensive line. Everybody else is coming back and that includes Flowers in my opinion.

This team will be really, really good next year. This year's edition reminds me a lot of our 1999 team.

Pentagon, I agree with all that you say but I think we can not discount the departure of Phillip Dorsett, who may not grab 8 passes a game but his mere threat keeps safeties honest and defenses in 7 man boxes because of his speed. Who is that guy next year? ( Hopefully a revitalized Stacy Coley?)

GT was the only 'gimme';

3 OF THOSE games were gimme games. OF THOSE being the pertinent words. Take a second and reread what I wrote. I'm sure you will then understand I was not talking about our losses.

Yep you're right. I misread it.

Still can't agree as labeling this season mediocre/poor. (1) It ain't over; and (2) based not only on the results of last three games but how we spanked those teams. This is best we've looked and played at this point of the season than previous yrs.

Hoping we beat the snot out of FSU.

Advertisement
NO, that's just like going down the same road and hoping for a miracle, pretending like things will go in the right direction. I respect the **** out of AG but this is just not a good fit for him. I would hire a coach who can relate to kids mainly in south florida (coach does not have to be from that area), but also everywhere in the world. A coach who is confident and as fans we see his confidence and aggressiveness wear off on his players. A two dimensional coach with great player development skills and great game day preparation. I'm not even sure if we have a traditional pregame speech or hype up speech prior to entering the field, how sad.

Uh OH!

Npw you're talking about the BUTCH!

He wins out only the Shannon to the death crew will still be off the wagon. That isn't going to happen though.

The slurpers and the WQAM types will be crying "It's a REBUILDING year! We lost Duke, DP AND Dorsett!". I guarantee.

FIVE straight seasons of third or worse in the Coastal, and yet it's five straight rebuilding years. LOL!

Some of you are nuts. Beating fsu is a huge step for this program not only because it's fsu which is obvious but because it's the number 2 team in the country and they are the hot program in Florida. No it doesn't erase the other losses but it's a major step in the right direction. If they run the table after that they would be able to sell that to recruits and close the recruiting cycle strong.

Advertisement
Back