Does Golden get a pass if we beat FSU?

Lots of optimism around here with how the defense has been playing and how we've been winning. How and why does your opinion of Golden change if we beat FSU?

For me the only thing that change my opinion is not only beating FSU but we need to win out and show a commitment to this aggressive defense. Anything short of that and my opinion stays the same. Championships are the goal and I don't think Golden can do it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Of course he does. That would be the signature win that shows he's moving in the right direction.

Win out and his job is safe, DOnofrio is safe, and you have optimism going into next year.

Why would you want them fired with a positive trend?

Folden is so erratic and inconsistent that he could beat Florida State and turn around and lose to Pittsburgh and Virginia.

Fly The F*cking Banner....

Last edited:
Advertisement
He of course gets a pass, but likewise, fire his *** the second the game is over if we lose.

4 years in and no wins against a team with a pulse. No mas.

Don't be fooled with wins over vtech, cincy and UNC.

It is not winning or losing that does not matter for all we know Florida State can have their worst game ever doesn't mean our team is any good. We matters is if we see differences especially on defense no more 5 in the box on 3rd and short. More aggressive play, not being afraid of the other team. If we see those changes against FSU then yes I would be ok with Golden, but D'onofrio and a lot of the defensive staff still have to go.

If we beat FSU it will go down in Canes lore. ****ting on their winning streak, possibly knocking them out of the title picture.

Advertisement
He needs to play in the ACCCG for me. That means winning out and praying to God that someone helps us, which is already stupid enough to think that we will have to back door into the worst division championship in the Power 5

Has to win out. If that means beating FSU twice then that's what it means.

I'll hop back on the Golden train if that were to happen.

Beating FSU and then falling flat on our asses vs Pitt would be very disconcerting and most likely undo any good will that the FSU win fostered.

Advertisement
Folden is so erratic and inconsistent that he could beat Florida State and turn around and lose to Pittsburgh and Virginia.

So just so I understand, cause maybe the repetitive posts even on something I agree with may be tiring my eyes, are you saying we should fly the banner?

just checking.

So just so I understand, cause maybe the repetitive posts even on something I agree with may be tiring my eyes, are you saying we should fly the banner?

just checking.

Chad's big on that. But he's not great about making his point clear.

This has been good the last few weeks, I can't lie. BUT, Al still has a ways to go before I'm completely sold on him as the coach of the future of UM. As a man, and how he's handled Carter, dude is Nick Sabanish. I just want to see him get this together, and us not have to worry about whether or not our success will last, or if when teams with a pulse come around, we're wondering how bad we are going to get beat.

I'll go on record and say that I REALLY WANT GOLDEN TO FIGURE THIS OUT. I really do like him as a person, he's outstanding, but I need to see some consistent results on a season to season basis, not just three game stretches.

Never will I ever root against my team either. No matter how I feel about the staff. I do own a BBB t-shirt, and will wear it without problem if Al doesn't put this thing together the way we all know it should.

Lots of optimism around here with how the defense has been playing and how we've been winning. How and why does your opinion of Golden change if we beat FSU?

For me the only thing that change my opinion is not only beating FSU but we need to win out and show a commitment to this aggressive defense. Anything short of that and my opinion stays the same. Championships are the goal and I don't think Golden can do it.

This.

He can get us to very good, but not elite.

Advertisement
Back