Does Golden get a pass if we beat FSU?

I am amazed at the responses here, although I am not surprised because of the sheer amount of slurpers on this forum. Beating FSU is great any year, but one win against FSU does not make up for 4 years of garbage.

Advertisement
I am amazed at the responses here, although I am not surprised because of the sheer amount of slurpers on this forum. Beating FSU is great any year, but one win against FSU does not make up for 4 years of garbage.

Yes it does and I hate Golden

I thought we were asked what we think will happen, not we wish would happen. Does anyone think that this admin is going to let Golden go after another 8-win season? As far as Canes sports go, maybe everything is just put on hold until the new president is in. Embrace the horror. Status quo continues for awhile. Unless State Penn gets rid of Franklin after missing a bowl game after becoming bowl eligible. lol Then we get to watch the whole State Penn tease game again.

Advertisement
IF he beats FSU,doesn't **** the bed against UVA in a classic letdown game, shores up the 2015 recruiting class then Al and I are good.

Lots of optimism around here with how the defense has been playing and how we've been winning. How and why does your opinion of Golden change if we beat FSU?

For me the only thing that change my opinion is not only beating FSU but we need to win out and show a commitment to this aggressive defense. Anything short of that and my opinion stays the same. Championships are the goal and I don't think Golden can do it.

You nailed it. Win out and maintain the winning formula and we will see.

And no, he will never get a pass, you can't go back and undue the 3 losses this year and the atrocious D the 3 previous years.

Last edited:
IF he beats FSU,doesn't **** the bed against UVA in a classic letdown game, shores up the 2015 recruiting class then Al and I are good.

We beat FSU and win out, the 2015 class will almost recruit itself.

Advertisement
If he wins out u better believe it. Not saying he deserves one just know that will happen if he does win out.

2 weeks to prepare. Lots of momentum tons of recruits at the game. This is the defining game of his career here

Advertisement
People forget there's two parts to his job, he is not recruiting well enough to be better next year. Maybe the offense will be fine but we aren't Oregon we have a litter of defensive players in sfla.

I think you need to split this question.. 1. What does it mean to this board? 2. What does it mean to the administration?

Many on this board want him canned regardless. I'm guessing that Golden just needs to get this team bowl eligible to get another year. Like it or not. He needs one win... With Shalala leaving and the Golden's large buyout, he's going nowhere. It will be left for the next UM president to deal with. Now, they might force a change in DC. This will def depend on the remainder of the season. Others on this board dismiss it, but the administration does see the empty seats, noise on radio and boards and banners - its an embarrassment. If it continues - I could certainly see them forcing a DC change behind the scenes.

This FSU game does have the potential to be a program changer for UM and a career changer for Golden. If we do win, recruits will notice. Regardless of how you view Golden as a recruiter, a victory of FSU and he will get a number of quality guys as there is plenty of top tier talent here in S Fla. Recruiting and talent development are the lifeblood of a college program - win and he has a good recruiting class to start with... just gotta develop them then!

Should be very interesting...

Advertisement
I think you need to split this question.. 1. What does it mean to this board? 2. What does it mean to the administration?

Many on this board want him canned regardless. I'm guessing that Golden just needs to get this team bowl eligible to get another year. Like it or not. He needs one win... With Shalala leaving and the Golden's large buyout, he's going nowhere. It will be left for the next UM president to deal with. Now, they might force a change in DC. This will def depend on the remainder of the season. Others on this board dismiss it, but the administration does see the empty seats, noise on radio and boards and banners - its an embarrassment. If it continues - I could certainly see them forcing a DC change behind the scenes.

This FSU game does have the potential to be a program changer for UM and a career changer for Golden. If we do win, recruits will notice. Regardless of how you view Golden as a recruiter, a victory of FSU and he will get a number of quality guys as there is plenty of top tier talent here in S Fla. Recruiting and talent development are the lifeblood of a college program - win and he has a good recruiting class to start with... just gotta develop them then!

Should be very interesting...

We are bowl eligible. 6-3

If we beat FSU now, win out and lose to FSU in the ACCCG and a bowl game, that would be tough to take. I just want/have wanted to see this kind of improvement week to week. The thing that i most important to me is how do we play the rest of the way? We can play a pretty good game vs FSU and still lose, does the team mail it in if we lose another game? Does the team quit on AG? It looked like they did last yr, if that happens again I would say fire him on the spot.... So as in any case there are lots of variables, beating FSU is a great start though thats for sure!

**** yea he does!!! Our defense has changed since the pressure mounted on this staff and I said it before if we play the style of defense we played against Duke we will win out I posted that after the GT game I think we lost that game specifically cause the coaches figured why change our game plan since we've beaten them before with the same crappy d you know caveman mentality type stuff but yea we taking it to the noles this year if we play this aggressive style of defense if we play soft its wrap done ditto....but I'm optimistic and I think after 3 seasons and 5 games this coaching staffs light bulb has finally turned on!
GO CANES!!!!

Canes aren't going to the ACC championship game. Duke has four games left.. syracuse in NY and then VT, NC, and Wake forest at home. Those four teams have a combined 4 ACC wins. I don't see them dropping another game. GT has to play Clemson so that's probably a L for them. Can you imagine? If the Canes hadn't beaten Duke, they could have gone 12-0 in the regular season. What the **** is going on in the world?

Advertisement
Back