Does anyone disagree? The University of Miami does not care about winning in football, basketball, or baseball.

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
In football, we have father and son creating the problems that prevent winning.
In basketball, we have father and son creating the problems that prevent winning.
In baseball, we have a son of the program's biggest booster that is likely creating the problems that prevent winning.

This leads me to the conclusion that the President, the BOT and certainly the AD simply have different goals for these teams than do the fans. It appears that so long as there are no major scandals, and revenues cover the costs, they are happy to be slightly above average in the respective sport. They want a family enviornment and do not want the stress of trying to be a champion. I now know that I will not see any more championships during my lifetime. It is sad, because for one night, at the Rock beating the domers, it felt like the old days crushing people in the OB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In 2016, I thought we were on our way back to relevance. 2017 ended up being a great year to be a cane when we were 10-0 and number 2 in the nation. Then the tires came off. 2018 was a mess and it was a combination of our head coach making some dumb a** decision which bogged down the offense. I feel with a 2019 schedule that sets up favorably for us (even better than this year) and if (big if) we can hire a competent OC in the offseason, we have a chance for 2019 to be a very special year.

I can't speak to much on the baseball front since I really don't follow it but on the basketball side, it's not going well and I don't see a whole lot of hope on the horizon.

So in short, I feel like the university does care about winning football but not so much for the basketball program.

Advertisement
The school is either unwilling or incapable of reducing the academic burden for student athletes, particularly its football players.

The overwhelming majority of elite players have zero desire to have their nuts placed in a 3-4 year academic vice.

The current dominant programs stick to and promote basic curriculum geared to players/students with a professional sports future. Public speaking (addressing the media and such), math requirement is satisfied with personal finance courses, social morality classes and then peripheral BS they'll rarely attend or participate in.

Miami athletics will achieve two things until it alters its current academic burden. Jack and ****

If they didn't care they would have hired yet another unknown MAC coach for around $2 mill or less. I predict our next coach will have that kind of resume, because why shell out the money if people are going to want to fire any coach in year 3?

Advertisement
Since Richt arrived we have more or less the same or better record than USC, Texas, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, FSU, UCLA, Texas A&M, Michigan and Oregon.

Nearly all of them has recruited more or less the same or better than us.

Do they not care about winning either?

they care, if not golden would still be around. the problem is they care like stephen ross, caring without knowledge to actually do things necessary to win.

QFT.

That *** clown Ross only cares about the entertainment value. As long as the fans have a good game day experience.

Winning is just a by product.

UM, is the same way. Winning is secondary, as long as the program stays clean.

Advertisement
The school is either unwilling or incapable of reducing the academic burden for student athletes, particularly its football players.

The overwhelming majority of elite players have zero desire to have their nuts placed in a 3-4 year academic vice.

The current dominant programs stick to and promote basic curriculum geared to players/students with a professional sports future. Public speaking (addressing the media and such), math requirement is satisfied with personal finance courses, social morality classes and then peripheral BS they'll rarely attend or participate in.

Miami athletics will achieve two things until it alters its current academic burden. Jack and ****
bro you made me think of something, not that i'm agreeing with you but, when i was a soph, playing at a big d1, a bunch of players took, get ready, self pace math, thats right lol. It was insane easy, literally 10x5=?, or 100 divided by 10 = ? i took it 2 years lol

well yall have to admit this, if they were being graded on their performance on their athletics, its an epic fail, as compared to where we were. Also of note here before anybody jumps my *** about academia, we have fallen below Ufag, yep thats right, and that has been a big pull for us for years and years, so, they have not only failed in sports but academia as well.
Question for you local alums, is there anybody still up top that was there when we had an empire going ? could be these new uppers just have no idea

Advertisement
Back