Does anyone disagree? The University of Miami does not care about winning in football, basketball, or baseball.

Advertisement
The school is either unwilling or incapable of reducing the academic burden for student athletes, particularly its football players.

The overwhelming majority of elite players have zero desire to have their nuts placed in a 3-4 year academic vice.

The current dominant programs stick to and promote basic curriculum geared to players/students with a professional sports future. Public speaking (addressing the media and such), math requirement is satisfied with personal finance courses, social morality classes and then peripheral BS they'll rarely attend or participate in.

Miami athletics will achieve two things until it alters its current academic burden. Jack and ****

Complete nonsense. Do you realize how utterly low the standard is for a student athlete at Miami compared to the rest of the student body? All this school asks is that you go to class and actually give a ****. That's not too much to ask. I know , I know, at a lot of factory schools you don't even have to be literate to gain entry. Guess what? Miami will never be that kind of school, and for good reason. Why? Because we aren't a bunch of pathetic bigots that believe that mostly black student-athletes can't learn. These young men can learn, and you can build a winning athletic department around talented young men and women that can read and function in a normal academic environment.

As much as I don't want to believe it...Miami can't possibly care. I feel like the BOT's are clueless at sports and don't really care as long as they aren't losing money. They don't care to be Alabama, they just don't want to be UCF (bad program + bad representation).

They have an AD who doesn't do his own job, which is evaluate candidates and hire the proper replacement, and/or ensuring the current athletic heads aren't being complacent/incompetent/mistreating their kids. The fact that we hired a search firm instead of doing the research ourselves is embarrassing in my opinion... Our AD doesn't interview the candidates by himself or by a staff that he put together.

It's almost like our BOT just doesn't trust Blake, while Blake completely trusts his athletic heads.

You must be some sort of idiot to want to fire Coach L... he’s literally exceeded expectations every year, and UM isn’t a basketball school.. not to mention we play in the toughest conference.

If we didn’t get b.s’d into that scandal then we would’ve actually had more talent come in this year. Also arguably our best player isn’t playing...

You must be some sort of idiot to want to fire Coach L... he’s literally exceeded expectations every year, and UM isn’t a basketball school.. not to mention we play in the toughest conference.

If we didn’t get b.s’d into that scandal then we would’ve actually had more talent come in this year. Also arguably our best player isn’t playing...

You probably don't realize this but one of our former coaches has FSU ranked in the top 10 right now. Oh, the FBI didn't name him as an unnamed co conspirator.....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Complete nonsense. Do you realize how utterly low the standard is for a student athlete at Miami compared to the rest of the student body? All this school asks is that you go to class and actually give a ****. That's not too much to ask. I know , I know, at a lot of factory schools you don't even have to be literate to gain entry. Guess what? Miami will never be that kind of school, and for good reason. Why? Because we aren't a bunch of pathetic bigots that believe that mostly black student-athletes can't learn. These young men can learn, and you can build a winning athletic department around talented young men and women that can read and function in a normal academic environment.

Hopefully folks don't mistake your post for some virtue signalling display of racial anxiety and paranoia, as there's subtle truth in it.

The residual fans that equate winning with competing for titles are gradually dissipating or learning to accept winning is anything over .500

The former requires as I suggested, the latter does not.

Larranaga is a beast. Cbb is not cfb. That’s a good hire and he should be extended and promoted from within this staff for as long as possible.

Fat Perry and Haith were absolute trash. The turncloak Hamilton was so long ago we were in the Miami Arena.

Your hurtful words aimed at Jimmy L, comparing him to Mark The Clapper, are disgusting and deserve banishment.

Problem with football and baseball was the university wasn't asked by fans when we were winning why didn't they reinvest some of the money those sports were making back into those programs.
University didn't need to cause we were winning without it.that kept us on the radar for the top recruits.now that we are not winning other universities who had been investing in the programs were and are able to use it against us.
University and miami community failed to back miami football when it brought millions of dollars to them.an old saying you reap what you sow.players gave this university and community a lot but never got anything in return but a handshake.

Advertisement
If Manny bails and they don't at least try to open the checkbook to try and keep him, it shows me they don't give a ****. Richt has this program by the balls thanks to butt hole James.

The adminstration was never happy about us winning, actually winning the way we won. They loved the money and increased enrollment that came with it but were embarrassed by the football team. Back then, there was ncaa control on tv football and Miami got more TV games than anyone and that brought in big $$$. Big bowl games also meant big money. Then everything changed and tv deals went to conferences, which we had joined, and socialized football took over. Now the are content with rent controlled housing and community farms. Winning has no impact on their revenue unless the stadium starts getting very empty.

If they question is do the acare about winning championships, then no. Do they care about winning enough to not cut their $$, then yes. Now, the jury is still out on the current President. He did pull the plug on Al and told Duke to stuff it after they cried about out multilateral win. He paid big $$ to Mark and we got indoor facility. Will he see that Mark is not the answer and take quick action and pull the trigger on him next year? That will tell.

Advertisement
You probably don't realize this but one of our former coaches has FSU ranked in the top 10 right now. Oh, the FBI didn't name him as an unnamed co conspirator.....
Wow... so a team with good players got most of them to return AND didn’t have recruits running scared due to bs allegations from the FBI.. if they weren’t a top 10 team that’d be an issue lmaoo you’re such an idiot

No, no one. I specifically remember a BOT resigning when Donna was hired and he specifically told me that would be the end of Hurricanes football. I thought he was just an angry disgruntled old man, but maybe he knew something. That was 2002 or 2003
I bet he saw the writing on the wall and didnt like it. Donna wanted Harvard South not sports. So not one soul up there that has experienced the U winning big, that may have something to do with todays situation, they have no clue, interesting

Advertisement
I bet he saw the writing on the wall and didnt like it. Donna wanted Harvard South not sports. So not one soul up there that has experienced the U winning big, that may have something to do with todays situation, they have no clue, interesting
she got her PHD from Syracuse which is funny considering what a snob she was about academics.

They don't care at all. Don't pay attention to the Schwartz Center, IPF, Hard Rock Stadium renovations. These were all donor/Steve Ross funded and lipstick on a pig. Richt was extended through 2023 after losing the final 3 games of 2018 by a combined score of 96-41.

You are right, the standard is low at Miami as well as any other school, but I believe after the pell grant scandal Miami made the decision to make entrance requirements a smidge more stringent then at the football factories. I like your perspective, but I am also not gonna sit here and say this doesn't hurt us either.

Advertisement
Back