Does anyone disagree? The University of Miami does not care about winning in football, basketball, or baseball.

If they cared about winning or knew anything about football they wouldn't have given MR and a darn extension.

Advertisement
You are right, the standard is low at Miami as well as any other school, but I believe after the pell grant scandal Miami made the decision to make entrance requirements a smidge more stringent then at the football factories. I like your perspective, but I am also not gonna sit here and say this doesn't hurt us either.

Miami has the same standard the rest of the NCAA once had, until around 2000 or so, when the NCAA dropped them to the pathetic levels we see today. Instead of dropping to that level, Miami kept it at the level that ensured that they could consistently get guys that could navigate college level courses. Guess what? This school won't have people in the athletic department leaning on professors to pass dumbass student-athletes. This isn't UNC, this isn't a place like Marshall where illiterate kids are greased through. There are fewer places to hide truly dumb kids at Miami, so it's more important to get student-athletes that at least stand a chance of surviving even surface level college coursework.

she got her PHD from Syracuse which is funny considering what a snob she was about academics.

You realize that Syracuse is a pretty solid school right? They, along with Northwestern have run mass media for the better part of the last 50 years due to their alumni being so entrenched there. Syracuse isn't Harvard, but they aren't ITT Tech either.

they care, if not golden would still be around. the problem is they care like stephen ross, caring without knowledge to actually do things necessary to win.

This is exactly right. I've been in a number of audit committee meetings at the University of Miami over the years and Stuart Miller is one guy who clearly cares about athletics and how it impacts the University of Miami brand.

Advertisement
Back