DL Coach search

When FSU courted him and at the time if he left he would have had to pay relatively large buyout for the de job there when Taggart was targeting him. If he did sign a contract extension with ncstste recently I can imagine that buyout is even more expensive now

Thanks, Brock, but I wanted to hear it from the KP expert. I want to know how large the buyout is and who at Miami said no, assuming that is what happened. I want the details, since 330 has the inside track.

Advertisement
Ron Burton DT Coach Michigan State #2 Rush Defense in the country last year, 4-3 defense

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...higan-state-defense-pat-narduzzi-max-bullough

Article goes into how MSU copied the Miami 4-3 Defense to a T.
Our old defense is the answer for today’s offenses like it was before. We killed the wishbone, put the NE option on life support, and dismantled the hot Huston passing attack. That we would ever play any other defense should carry a death penalty. It does need grizzly bears at DT to collapse center of pocket and snuff inside run plays.

Yep.....real easy.......he just interviewed for the Bama DL job and currently only makes $350K (significantly less $ than Kul). He is obviously looking around and knows the recruiting landscape in S FL.

So when bama or fsu come sniffing around, it's all about how our coaches and their families must be happy where they are and shouldn't want to leave even for more money, but now this guy will obviously leave if we flash some cash. Neither of us has any idea where this guy's priorities lie, so neither of us really know what it would take to get him. Maybe he loves his neighborhood or doesn't want his kids to change schools or they've promised him a fancy golf cart to ride around in. Cash may rule everything around us, but there are often other considerations.

Advertisement
Maybe Dee or someone else can verify but i was told by someone close to the program they fully expect Tracy rocker to get the first interview if he hasnt already been spoken too. KP is fully expected to be contacted. No other names have come up. My only concern with Rocker is he bounces around alot, I think we get KP he stays long term. My guy said he hopes to have more info by monday. we shall see. Im glad that KP will finally be in the mix at least.

K.P would be a relief!!! he has that fire for sure

I think KP can turn the corner here as a true teacher

big mistake if we don't pull him. seriously

You mad? Maybe I should post things like most of you clowns....Do You think we will wear green or orange this week? This board is a joke a clowns like you are the reason. I posted KP wasn't coming and why he wasn't coming and the village idiots had to respond with their usual nonsense.
Being that this place is such a joke to you. I will spare you the pain of reading the porst on this site.

Advertisement
K.P would be a relief!!! he has that fire for sure

I think KP can turn the corner here as a true teacher

big mistake if we don't pull him. seriously
i've heard he has a successful business with his wife or at least they made alot of money. might not want to have to recruit his *** off like is expected at UM. maybe someone more in the know can verify.

i've heard he has a successful business with his wife or at least they made alot of money. might not want to have to recruit his *** off like is expected at UM. maybe someone more in the know can verify.
Id think with the 10th coach hire of Patke being able to go out and recruit, I think it'd take a lot of pressure off whoever is our DL coach as far as recruiting is concerned.
Obviously you can't ignore it like Kool basically did. But I mean I dont think we need an elite DL recruiter. We just need a good one. Im more worried that who we hire is a good actual Coach.

Id think with the 10th coach hire of Patke being able to go out and recruit, I think it'd take a lot of pressure off whoever is our DL coach as far as recruiting is concerned.
Obviously you can't ignore it like Kool basically did. But I mean I dont think we need an elite DL recruiter. We just need a good one. Im more worried that who we hire is a good actual Coach.
KP is more relatable to sf kids than Kool. KP was a savage here. he use to threaten kids on recruiting visits lol

Is there a reason no one else likes Burton for the job? Consistently has a stout DL that is tops with in run yards allowed. Stop the run, win the game. I know we like sacks, but Miami's problem was that it was not consistent stopping the run last year. Would get a TFL then give up a 13 yard run. Lsu isn't going to try to beat us passing the ball.

Advertisement
Is there a reason no one else likes Burton for the job? Consistently has a stout DL that is tops with in run yards allowed. Stop the run, win the game. I know we like sacks, but Miami's problem was that it was not consistent stopping the run last year. Would get a TFL then give up a 13 yard run. Lsu isn't going to try to beat us passing the ball.

He does have a son who is a walkon on the team, I think he will be a RS-Soph for 2018, so that could be a factor for him.
He may want to stick around for his son.

What’s the reason again KP isn’t coming?
The reason is that 330 might have guessed right. He had a 50/50 chance of being right.

It's the typical new poster move. Make a splash entry with some bold inside scoop. If your guess is right, then you pound your chest and get a bunch of dopes asking you questions and looking up to you. If you're wrong, you just scrap the new screen name.

Advertisement
I'd bet on Rick hiring someone he or Diaz has coached with. That's how it usually works. Rick has had some problems in the past when he hired guys that he hadn't worked with.

The problem is you can't only hire guys you have worked with (and possibly fired) when those guys were not able to get your team over the top in the past.

One of the biggest issues in the NFL is the same recycled coaches yielding the same recycled schemes, culture and results.

I was just looking at best rushing defenses last year and saw MSU as #2, only 1 of 3 teams to give up less than 100 yard per game average. Burton has been there for 6 years, so the dominance isn't a fluke. I don't know about his recruiting ability, but in terms of results his success is inarguable plus he is coaching DTs in what is basically a Miami 4-3.

Our defense is nothing like their defense or the old Miami 4-3.

Our DL play is based on slanted stunting and zone blitz.

The Miami 4-3 was about simplicity and gap integrity. Diaz defense eschews gap integrity for big plays.

Just saying....

Our defense is nothing like their defense or the old Miami 4-3.

Our DL play is based on slanted stunting and zone blitz.

The Miami 4-3 was about simplicity and gap integrity. Diaz defense eschews gap integrity for big plays.

Just saying....

Ummm except that defense lead the nation in Sacks, top 5 for TFL and had 31 turnovers. If we produce that again, increase our 3rd down percentage on D and O and our Pass D, we'll be okay. Our Pass defense was much more of a problem than our Run D, but I expected some growing pains breaking 4 new starters.

Just Saying..

Advertisement
Back