DJ Williams offered by MIA

Advertisement
Ivins talked to his coach last night. Coach said he runs like Edge.... reminds him alot of Edge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve already mentioned how this recruitment has gone down. Miami overlooked Williams for years! Even last week they told Scott that they were good with the running back prospects that they had (after Crowley decommited). Then his Auburn offer goes public and all of a sudden he’s good enough to be on their board lol. The entire time though, the kid has been highly coveted by Georgia, which is why he’s there now on an unofficial and will be going there for his last official. Miami will get an official. He’s an early grad. Miami is way ahead in his heart and blood but they literally just offered this kid YESTERDAY lol. Georgia has been speaking to him daily! This shouldn’t even be a contest but thank our staff for not recruiting the kid until someone else offered. (Btw, I’ve heard he’s had a silent offer from Georgia for months and it was all based on Emerys decommitment, hence the Georgia interest. They’ve been on him since day one)

I’ve already mentioned how this recruitment has gone down. Miami overlooked Williams for years! Even last week they told Scott that they were good with the running back prospects that they had (after Crowley decommited). Then his Auburn offer goes public and all of a sudden he’s good enough to be on their board lol. The entire time though, the kid has been highly coveted by Georgia, which is why he’s there now on an unofficial and will be going there for his last official. Miami will get an official. He’s an early grad. Miami is way ahead in his heart and blood but they literally just offered this kid YESTERDAY lol. Georgia has been speaking to him daily! This shouldn’t even be a contest but thank our staff for not recruiting the kid until someone else offered. (Btw, I’ve heard he’s had a silent offer from Georgia for months and it was all based on Emerys decommitment, hence the Georgia interest. They’ve been on his since day one)

Cant offer everyone early. Ohio state can offer kids two weeks later they commit. Not worried abt running back. Im tellin yall damarius good would be a good running back if nothing else shakes

Advertisement
Cant offer everyone early. Ohio state can offer kids two weeks later they commit. Not worried abt running back. Im tellin yall damarius good would be a good running back if nothing else shakes
I agree you can’t offer everyone early, but you can at least recruit them! Yesterday was the first time Williams ever heard from the staff!

Advertisement
Recruiting the entitled S.FL kids will do that to you, is what you mean. We ignored him for 3years smh? Ridiculous

I believe they have been telling UM about him all year since he was healthy but they ignored them. How is that a grudge? All year long they said he wasn’t good enough but all of a sudden it’s, “Sike!!! You know we playing...” But all the way up until last week they didn’t think he was good enough. The staff has to do a better job in that regard. They practically did the same to Wright and he was making plays for CC since he was a freshman. I’m not surprised they slow played a legacy. It’s not always the kids. We cry about kids opening up their recruitment but there are kids who are talented that want to be here but the staff simply sometimes show no love.

That being said, I understand all of it. However, they have to recruit. Don’t blame the bags or the “entitled South Florida diva.” Kids Coach is a former cane. You think he wasn’t beating down the staff’s door about this kid and other players too? Come on now.

I went on a rant but I agree with you except the diva part haha. Every place has prima donnas. They are not just in south Florida. We have to earn their trust. They are trying to go to the league and win.

Just watched his tape. Dude has moves, speed, vision. He’s gonna be a stud, I can’t believe our staff never even contacted him until this week. Recruiting philosophy really needs to change ASAP

I believe they have been telling UM about him all year since he was healthy but they ignored them. How is that a grudge? All year long they said he wasn’t good enough but all of a sudden it’s, “Sike!!! You know we playing...” But all the way up until last week they didn’t think he was good enough. The staff has to do a better job in that regard. They practically did the same to Wright and he was making plays for CC since he was a freshman. I’m not surprised they slow played a legacy. It’s not always the kids. We cry about kids opening up their recruitment but there are kids who are talented that want to be here but the staff simply sometimes show no love.

That being said, I understand all of it. However, they have to recruit. Don’t blame the bags or the “entitled South Florida diva.” Kids Coach is a former cane. You think he wasn’t beating down the staff’s door about this kid and other players too? Come on now.

I went on a rant but I agree with you except the diva part haha. Every place has prima donnas. They are not just in south Florida. We have to earn their trust. They are trying to go to the league and win.

I hear and understand what you’re saying for sure but I’m speaking in general. Miami seems to be the only school that has no wiggle room at all when recruiting these kids from down there

Why does every staff we have literally suck at recruiting?

Another layup that the staff completely ignores...

I hope he goes elsewhere and balls out

Advertisement
Back