DJ Johnson won't redshirt

Advertisement
Not just big but he has thick legs. Looks promising - just hope he keeps that weight gain in check.

To try and give perspective. Comparing him to some all time great DEs and also some top current DEs:

DJ Johnson 6'5
Julius Peppers 6'7 287
Reggie White 6'5 300
Bruce Smith 6'4 265
Simeon Rice 6'5 268
Khalil Mack 6'3 250
J. J. Watt 6'5 295
Michael Bennett 6'4 274
Jadeveon Clowney 6'5 270
Cameron Wake 6'3 263
Calais Campbell 6'8 300
Joey Bosa 6'5 280

These are probably NFL weight vs College weight. Though a few are still pretty young or just out of college. All of these are from wikipedia except for DJ. He is within 2 inches of most of these guys.

Ziggy ansah 6'5 275. Chad is 275. Kool had kony ealy who was 275. Walker at fsu was 283.

Thank you for pointing that out. He has the speed and size every d cord or line coach would ever wish for out of a DE. Still can't believe that dude is faster than some of our corners and wrs. Insane

Advertisement
12 second hundred meters. He's coming off the edge and don't even think about running a sweep to his side of the field.

And he won't be a DE for much longer at this rate.

That would probably be the best thing that ever happened to Miami since Kul seems to recruit DTs about as well as Brian Monroe-era Larry Coker recruited WRs.

LOL I laughed and it is true.

Wait until the butthurt brigade gets here to tell you Bethel was recruited as a DT too.

Ford ain't here.

ONE DT RECRUIT HAS MADE IT ON CAMPUS IN TWENTY MONTHS

I agree and I think we all do that we would like more DT's on campus. But also in FLA, not just South FLA, this is a down year for dts. Actually, if you take IMG out of the equation, there is not one DT in the top 300 in the state of florida.

Not interested in any of that nor am I condemning his coaching ability.

We need BODIES. Nesta Silvera is arguably the most important kid in this class right now. Period. Is he the best? No but he is arguably the most important. Where is Briggs?

All I'm hearing are dumb excuses. We just brought in DJ Johnson from CALIFORNIA. Let me say that again. CALIFORNIA. Get me DT's.

No! You clown DJ reached out to coach Kul all the way from California.. See you're so worried about poking your chest out that you message gets muddled. You did the same bull**** on scout.

My boy [MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] broke him down perfectly. He was dominant in high school but he had a lot to learn. He was/is pretty raw....which is ****** scary. Kool gonna mold this kid into a nightmare.

And he won't be a DE for much longer at this rate.

That would probably be the best thing that ever happened to Miami since Kul seems to recruit DTs about as well as Brian Monroe-era Larry Coker recruited WRs.

Wait until the butthurt brigade gets here to tell you Bethel was recruited as a DT too.

Ford ain't here.

I agree and I think we all do that we would like more DT's on campus. But also in FLA, not just South FLA, this is a down year for dts. Actually, if you take IMG out of the equation, there is not one DT in the top 300 in the state of florida.

We need BODIES. Nesta Silvera is arguably the most important kid in this class right now. Period. Is he the best? No but he is arguably the most important. Where is Briggs?

All I'm hearing are dumb excuses. We just brought in DJ Johnson from CALIFORNIA. Let me say that again. CALIFORNIA. Get me DT's.

Omg shut the **** up.

Advertisement
That's an NFL caliber crank he has there.

I can't wait until posts like this disappear. It's just weird man.

It's a joke making fun of all the grown *** men, myself included, dissecting the size/body types of these 18 year old men. It's a joke and not sexual in any way. Sorry, if you can't understand that.

True but it's no longer funny....Kinda like if you posted this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTZCgsZGeA

Ford ain't here.

No! You clown DJ reached out to coach Kul all the way from California.. See you're so worried about poking your chest out that you message gets muddled. You did the same bull**** on scout.
He's taken a unique angle to his moaning that's for sure. He's chosen the most decorated and accomplished coach on the staff to roast constantly over a DT situation that he has no idea how it will unfold. Pretty sure Kool has at least an equal idea of what we need on the DL as Hegemon does.

I was saying it...could be 275-280 next year. would be an animal inside beating guards and pushing interior linemen around.

So he is going to gain 25-35 pounds by next year? Thats a lot of weight without using roids.

I think that's doable for a young guy that already has that kind of frame.

He is going to form his weight more than add a ton of weight a la Shaquille Quarterman

Advertisement
Advertisement

Ford ain't here.

He's taken a unique angle to his moaning that's for sure. He's chosen the most decorated and accomplished coach on the staff to roast constantly over a DT situation that he has no idea how it will unfold. Pretty sure Kool has at least an equal idea of what we need on the DL as Hegemon does.
I will run future opinions by you prior to posting.

1 DT in 20 months. Got it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

12 second hundred meters. He's coming off the edge and don't even think about running a sweep to his side of the field.
11.22 beats 12 seconds by almost 10 yds
[TWEET]849777335611965440[/TWEET]
https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Predator_DJ/status/849777335611965440

[TWEET]867460498647908352[/TWEET]

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/video-johnson-sets-lofty-freshman-goal/119664?highlight=Johnson

Never tried this twitter embed thing before so hopefully it works.

Last edited:
Anybody with the nickname Predator that's not from Penn State shouldn't be redshirted!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back