DJ Johnson won't redshirt

Advertisement
142E54D1-E3A3-4A1A-8D7B-F797768D7D95.jpg

He's just a big Defensive end. You got to have someone on the edge with that speed to get after the qb

Hate to say it, Him and Robert Nekemdiche have very similar builds and athletic exploits. He's going to grow into 290, he's frame is built for it!

To try and give perspective. Comparing him to some all time great DEs and also some top current DEs:

DJ Johnson 6'5
Julius Peppers 6'7 287
Reggie White 6'5 300
Bruce Smith 6'4 265
Simeon Rice 6'5 268
Khalil Mack 6'3 250
J. J. Watt 6'5 295
Michael Bennett 6'4 274
Jadeveon Clowney 6'5 270
Cameron Wake 6'3 263
Calais Campbell 6'8 300
Joey Bosa 6'5 280

These are probably NFL weight vs College weight. Though a few are still pretty young or just out of college. All of these are from wikipedia except for DJ. He is within 2 inches of most of these guys.

Advertisement
And he won't be a DE for much longer at this rate.

That would probably be the best thing that ever happened to Miami since Kul seems to recruit DTs about as well as Brian Monroe-era Larry Coker recruited WRs.

kul got a 5 star DT to sign with mizzou on two separate occasions but ok...

Swagger loses credibility the more he posts. Keep the hits coming swagger.. it's beyond laughable

That would probably be the best thing that ever happened to Miami since Kul seems to recruit DTs about as well as Brian Monroe-era Larry Coker recruited WRs.

kul got a 5 star DT to sign with mizzou on two separate occasions but ok...

Swagger loses credibility the more he posts. Keep the hits coming swagger.. it's beyond laughable

Don't be throwing shade at swagger!! Just give him some more rope,.. He's working on hanging himself,.. Just another couple feet of rope and it'll be perfect for him!!

Advertisement

LOL I laughed and it is true.

Wait until the butthurt brigade gets here to tell you Bethel was recruited as a DT too.

Ford ain't here.

ONE DT RECRUIT HAS MADE IT ON CAMPUS IN TWENTY MONTHS

Wait wait wait that's rich.

Now they're talking about Mizzou DT's? Miami fans are some of the best and most moronic around. Lawd

To try and give perspective. Comparing him to some all time great DEs and also some top current DEs:

DJ Johnson 6'5
Julius Peppers 6'7 287
Reggie White 6'5 300
Bruce Smith 6'4 265
Simeon Rice 6'5 268
Khalil Mack 6'3 250
J. J. Watt 6'5 295
Michael Bennett 6'4 274
Jadeveon Clowney 6'5 270
Cameron Wake 6'3 263
Calais Campbell 6'8 300
Joey Bosa 6'5 280

These are probably NFL weight vs College weight. Though a few are still pretty young or just out of college. All of these are from wikipedia except for DJ. He is within 2 inches of most of these guys.

Ziggy ansah 6'5 275. Chad is 275. Kool had kony ealy who was 275. Walker at fsu was 283.

Advertisement
Some of yall don't understand how a s&c program works. You don't just lift weights and get bigger. Look at shaq he has dropped weight. Dj will end up at about 275 like chad is right now.

Wait until the butthurt brigade gets here to tell you Bethel was recruited as a DT too.

Ford ain't here.

I agree and I think we all do that we would like more DT's on campus. But also in FLA, not just South FLA, this is a down year for dts. Actually, if you take IMG out of the equation, there is not one DT in the top 300 in the state of florida.

Advertisement

Ford ain't here.

I agree and I think we all do that we would like more DT's on campus. But also in FLA, not just South FLA, this is a down year for dts. Actually, if you take IMG out of the equation, there is not one DT in the top 300 in the state of florida.

Not interested in any of that nor am I condemning his coaching ability.

We need BODIES. Nesta Silvera is arguably the most important kid in this class right now. Period. Is he the best? No but he is arguably the most important. Where is Briggs?

All I'm hearing are dumb excuses. We just brought in DJ Johnson from CALIFORNIA. Let me say that again. CALIFORNIA. Get me DT's.

Ford ain't here.

We need BODIES. Nesta Silvera is arguably the most important kid in this class right now. Period. Is he the best? No but he is arguably the most important. Where is Briggs?

All I'm hearing are dumb excuses. We just brought in DJ Johnson from CALIFORNIA. Let me say that again. CALIFORNIA. Get me DT's.

Not interested in there being a lack of quality players not only in our back yard but in our entire state? Seems silly. Also, no one would disagree that Silvera is near, if not the most important recruit his cycle but saying we need bodies doesn't meant much. I am sure we can get a bunch of T. Martins to commit, but that doesn't do much for anyone.

Didn't DJ text the coaching staff first saying he wanted to come here? Then we turned up the pressure on him? That is much different than going out there, offering a kid, and pulling him across the country.

Ford ain't here.

Not interested in there being a lack of quality players not only in our back yard but in our entire state? Seems silly. Also, no one would disagree that Silvera is near, if not the most important recruit his cycle but saying we need bodies doesn't meant much. I am sure we can get a bunch of T. Martins to commit, but that doesn't do much for anyone.

Didn't DJ text the coaching staff first saying he wanted to come here? Then we turned up the pressure on him? That is much different than going out there, offering a kid, and pulling him across the country.

We have brought in 1 DT in 20 months. Assuming Ford comes in that is 2. Keep arguing to argue. The numbers speak for themselves.

Ford ain't here.

We have brought in 1 DT in 20 months. Assuming Ford comes in that is 2. Keep arguing to argue. The numbers speak for themselves.

It is also August.... signing day is a long way away. I am pretty sure the coaches are aware of needing DTs. New prospects will pop up over the season, JUCO guys are possibilities, come to me in February and see if we are still in this predicament.

Advertisement
Back