DJ Ivey commits to Miami

Advertisement
What are your thoughts on Ivey, DMoney?

I believe he was injured when I watched South Dade last year, so I haven't seen him enough to form a strong opinion.

Based on his highlights, he looks very talented. Big body and obvious makeup speed. Pete told me he's related to Devonaire Clarington so there may be even more growth potential there.

He's not related by blood to Devonaire. He's related to his Devonaire's half-brother, Wanya (also played at WC and Champagnat). Ivey's dad was a track star at southridge.

Pretty sure Pete is not going to ruin some kids moment by telling people on a message board that he has committed before he announces, so why do you guys keep asking?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My guess on the silent 2017 kid is Felix. Maybe don't want it going public to keep Burns solid. Maybe waiting for Thompson to take a hint and jump ship before making it public

My guess on the silent 2017 kid is Felix. Maybe don't want it going public to keep Burns solid. Maybe waiting for Thompson to take a hint and jump ship before making it public

Idk I'm pretty sure Felix is goin to end up at Oregon

Advertisement
Surprised Ivey got an offer this early. His HLs didn't have any high lights... I don't see the comparison to Artie Burns at all.

Surprised Ivey got an offer this early. His HLs didn't have any high lights... I don't see the comparison to Artie Burns at all.

I remember Burns highlights were pretty raw, and those were Junior highlights that I saw. I believe coaches are looking for hips and burst more than anything else, along with range, arms and speed. I'm sure they got a much better look this past Spring practice season and at the summer camps in person than a Sophomore highlight reel can provide.

Advertisement
Back