DJ Dallas

He wasn’t. He makes his living with his wiggle/feet and ability to run through tackles. I don’t get this nonsense for bashing the kid for adding weight. Would I like to see him a touch more explosive? Sure. But he’s not a burner and never was. The added weight allowed him to run through tackles, which he did constantly last year and only will continue to do as he adds even more strength. Dummies around here act like the staff took a 4.4 kid and put 40 pounds on him. Deejay needed to get bigger and stronger, it’s how he makes his bones. And he’s actually very agile for his size, but he’s not nor was he ever running away from people.
The guy rushed for just over 3 ypc the second half of the season sans one long run on a busted coverage.
10 for 31 FSU
10 for 24 UVA
9 for 30 BC
6 for 14 VT
4 for 8 WISC

What the **** am I missing here? Did any of those teams finished ranked?

Advertisement
People looking at DJ's numbers from last year as if he was the problem with the offense. The O line couldn't block a little league team, the receivers dropped passes like they had greasy hands, the QBs couldnt hit their ballsack with their own limp ****, but DJ, he should have had better numbers when opposing defenses knew when and where he was going to run.

Fresh start. It wasn't the players' fault.

The guy rushed for just over 3 ypc the second half of the season sans one long run on a busted coverage.
10 for 31 FSU
10 for 24 UVA
9 for 30 BC
6 for 14 VT
4 for 8 WISC

How did Brevin Jordan do against those teams? Is he ruined? How bout Jeff Thomas? What a shame he’s been ruined by the old staff as well. Oh well, I hope all the true freshmen can carry the load this season. Everyone else who didn’t put up good numbers on the 89th ranked offense in the country is ruined and it’s only a matter of minutes until they’re notified that their scholarships will not be renewed. Onto the next.

Not really a big fan of the wildcat. I understand it can occasionally be effective but you're essentially playing 10 on 11 when you use it. 99% of the time, the QB lined up wide is at best, a decoy. The running back lined up at the QB spot is never as good of a passer as the QB so you're limiting your ability to throw. The reasoning behind it was to eliminate the handoff and get the ball directly to the RB. With a mobile QB, why not just call a designed QB run? That way the defense has to stay honest and respect the threat of a pass.

Advertisement
10 for 31 FSU
10 for 24 UVA
9 for 30 BC
6 for 14 VT
4 for 8 WISC

Look y'all! He's still using last year stats to try and make point.
thumb_pointing-mannequin-blank-template-imgflip-49613522.png

The beauty of the wildcat is that it’s effective when used sparingly, and sometimes, not even then.
I think if one of the other guys wins the job Tate would be great in a 5-10 play per game package as a wildcat QB. I guarantee if we bring him in against UFag they will key on him running and JT4 will get man coverage. Hope Tathan is working on that deep ball.

10 for 31 FSU
10 for 24 UVA
9 for 30 BC
6 for 14 GT
4 for 8 WISC

Travis Homer wasn't very good in 4 of those 5 games either

21 for 70 FSU
8 for 95 UVA
13 for 40 BC
11 for 30 GT
10 for 16 WISC

Travis Homer wasn't very good in 4 of those 5 games either

21 for 70 FSU
8 for 95 UVA
13 for 40 BC
11 for 30 GT
10 for 16 WISC
Still finished the season better than Dallas, where’s the pitt and duke and va tech game in the second half of the season? He averaged **** near 10 yards per carry vs those 3 in the second half of the season.
18 for 133 duke
12 for 69 va tech
8 for 164 pitt

Advertisement
I know nobody here wants to hear it but I think we'll miss Homer, Cager, Mahoney/Boulware in 2019.

Fact: Cager led the team in YPC and receiving TDs.

I know, I know... Hightower, Osborn, Njoku, Lingard, Harris are all-world

I know nobody here wants to hear it but I think we'll miss Homer, Cager, Mahoney/Boulware in 2019.

None of those guys you listed are irreplaceable. Given the talent at the position i doubt homer would be a big loss at rb. On special teams that will be a big loss. It seemed like Cager dropped more passes than he caught last year tbh plus Osborn is an immediate upgrade over him at the #2 position. Boulware was solid imo but we could do without Mahoney. He was far too weak

Last edited:

Imagine thinking a team will miss Lawrence Cager.

Advertisement
None of those guys you listed are irreplaceable. Given the talent at the position i doubt homer would be a big loss at rb. On special teams that will be a big loss. It seemed like Cager dropped more passes than he caught last year tbh plus Osborn is an immediate upgrade over him at the #2 position. Boulware was solid imo but we could do without Mahoney. He was far too weak
LOL, dude got absolutely demolished by a DB and IIRC, from Savannah State!!

Advertisement

I might agree if Richt was still here calling the same 4-6 plays. With the new system in place our current guys on Offense will look good, even the OL will look better.

How did Brevin Jordan do against those teams? Is he ruined? How bout Jeff Thomas? What a shame he’s been ruined by the old staff as well. Oh well, I hope all the true freshmen can carry the load this season. Everyone else who didn’t put up good numbers on the 89th ranked offense in the country is ruined and it’s only a matter of minutes until they’re notified that their scholarships will not be renewed. Onto the next.
You are retarded dude. Brevin was a true freshman and made the game winning catch against FSU. And on the same drive, JT made the catch over the middle in between 2 defenders. Brevin got hurt and JT missed the last couple games but both of them proved there worth. They showed up big. Dallas fumbled games away for us.

And I don’t need stats to tell em who’s good and who’s not. Those two players you mentioned have NFL aspirations, DeeJay will never sniff a NFL roster. Maybe if he was a scat back like James White but definitely not looking like a bowling ball.

You are retarded dude. Brevin was a true freshman and made the game winning catch against FSU. And on the same drive, JT made the catch over the middle in between 2 defenders. Brevin got hurt and JT missed the last couple games but both of them proved there worth. They showed up big. Dallas fumbled games away for us.

And I don’t need stats to tell em who’s good and who’s not. Those two players you mentioned have NFL aspirations, DeeJay will never sniff a NFL roster. Maybe if he was a scat back like James White but definitely not looking like a bowling ball.

How'd they do after FSU when they were ruined like Deejay was? Or when you take away the punt return against VT for JT, like you took away the run for Deejay against Duke? It's easy to nitpick when you have a clear bias. And that's cool. You don't think Deejay is good. Point taken. But to say he was "slippery" and "so good" his freshman year and "ruined" his sophomore year shows an impressive ability to be wrong 3 times in one breath and I applaud you.

Advertisement
Back