DJ Dallas

Advertisement
How'd they do after FSU when they were ruined like Deejay was? Or when you take away the punt return against VT for JT, like you took away the run for Deejay against Duke? It's easy to nitpick when you have a clear bias. And that's cool. You don't think Deejay is good. Point taken. But to say he was "slippery" and "so good" his freshman year and "ruined" his sophomore year shows an impressive ability to be wrong 3 times in one breath and I applaud you.
DeeJay’s best performances were against the best teams we played his freshman year. He didn’t get burn til halfway through his freshman year cause it was Walton and Homer til after FSU. Just stop already you sound like a fanboy and not somebody who knows football. He didn’t play against Toledo and pad stats.

JT’s punt return was one of the most electrifying plays we had last year. Making people miss and outrunning defenders to the pylon. DeeJay took a handoff against Duke and ran straight and had a hole a semi could drive through, big difference pal.

Advertisement
Still finished the season better than Dallas, where’s the pitt and duke and va tech game in the second half of the season? He averaged **** near 10 yards per carry vs those 3 in the second half of the season.
18 for 133 duke
12 for 69 va tech
8 for 164 pitt

I was just comparing stats in the same games. Here's Dallas in those games:

12 for 124 duke (but the fumbles hurt)
2 for 8 va tech
8 for 39 pitt

Homer hit more big runs for sure, but UVA is the only game last year where Homer averaged 4+ ypc that DJ didn't also average 4+ ypc.

Dallas averaged 4.6 ypc over the last 8 games as a Soph and people are down on him.

By contrast, Mark Walton averaged 4.8 ypc the last 8 games of his Soph year and people were calling him the best RB in the ACC.

That's a good sign as to how far our backfield has come.

I swear some people just have to have a scapegoat. Knowles on defense, Dallas on offense.
I’m sorry what? Did you really just say that? Scapegoat? Hahahah. Knowles is arguably one of the worst defenders to ever step on the field for UM in the last two decades. There’s a reason he never saw the field after LSU and when Jaquan got healthy.

As for your boy DeeJay, his fumbles 100% lost us the game against Duke.

Advertisement
I’m sorry what? Did you really just say that? Scapegoat? Hahahah. Knowles is arguably one of the worst defenders to ever step on the field for UM in the last two decades. There’s a reason he never saw the field after LSU and when Jaquan got healthy.

Sorry, not my boy. I'm just not going to run down any player until they give me reason too. Dallas has given me no reason to. Will he be the next Edgerrin James? Not likely, but he may excel under the new offense.

Knowles has no excuse for last year, but he didn't transfer and received praise, so there must be something there.

I don't think he has the highest ceiling amongst our very talented group of RB's, but if you don't think he will be the starting RB on 8/24, you are seriously playing yourself.
I’ll rephrase. He most likely will start but will not have the most carries starting with game 1 believe me.

I’ll rephrase. He most likely will start but will not have the most carries starting with game 1 believe me.
That's not the argument at hand...quit shifting. I hope he does not lead us in carries in any game, because I think he is best utilized as a swiss army knife. You continue to s'hit on him as if he is not a quality asset to this team. That's the argument at hand!

Advertisement
I was just comparing stats in the same games. Here's Dallas in those games:

12 for 124 duke (but the fumbles hurt)
2 for 8 va tech
8 for 39 pitt

Homer hit more big runs for sure, but UVA is the only game last year where Homer averaged 4+ ypc that DJ didn't also average 4+ ypc.

Dallas averaged 4.6 ypc over the last 8 games as a Soph and people are down on him.

By contrast, Mark Walton averaged 4.8 ypc the last 8 games of his Soph year and people were calling him the best RB in the ACC.

That's a good sign as to how far our backfield has come.
Just going off memory, DJ was most definitely more of a grinder for us last year then Homer was. Homer was the bigger home run (that was my nickname for him last season) threat.

That's not the argument at hand...quit shifting. I hope he does not lead us in carries in any game, because I think he is best utilized as a swiss army knife. You continue to s'hit on him as if he is not a quality asset to this team. That's the argument at hand!
How am I shifting the argument? Your the one going to ruffle feathers by saying he shouldn’t lead us in carries. Everyone’s saying he’s without question our starter and if he is then he should lead us in carries as you want your best guy on the field as much as possible.

And no I’m not shifting the argument. Where else are you going to play him? He’s too big for the slot. He doesn’t have the burst for the end arounds. Unless he sheds 10-15 pounds he’s a pedestrian running back. Judging by the pics I saw of him in the spring, it doesn’t look like it’s happening.

Too many variables going against this to expect a offensive explosion this year.talent yes is there but qb and oline play will determine how explosive.can't believe some here expecting enos to just light it up from the start.you guys aren't allowing that transition phase to take place y'all just need to relax take chill pill a d let a first time hc,players learning a new system a few games to get settled in before expecting a smooth operating operation.

Advertisement

Ya I'm not blaming a lost to DUKE on a fumble or 2

How am I shifting the argument? Your the one going to ruffle feathers by saying he shouldn’t lead us in carries. Everyone’s saying he’s without question our starter and if he is then he should lead us in carries as you want your best guy on the field as much as possible.

And no I’m not shifting the argument. Where else are you going to play him? He’s too big for the slot. He doesn’t have the burst for the end arounds. Unless he sheds 10-15 pounds he’s a pedestrian running back. Judging by the pics I saw of him in the spring, it doesn’t look like it’s happening.
Wow. Thats about all I can say, regarding your post. I simply can't continue to discuss this matter with you. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Advertisement
Back