DJ Dallas

Cane6

GreenTree All-Star
I’m not saying it will be a staple of our offense, but I’m looking forward to seeing DJ Dallas in legitimate wildcat situations. He is too talented to not be utilized and Enos will do it.

DJ at QB
Cam and Lingard in the backfield

Advertisement
IF we're just looking for a QB with excellent running skills ....as a former QB, he's as good a choice as anyone else. DJ has excellent skills

I don't mind using that mindset in a few situations during a game .....as it gives the other team another thing to prepare for ....but I don't see it as a staple part of a Miami offense.

In our case, our passing game opens up our running game.....we need someone who is a constant passing threat to promote our running game.... until we get an OL that can move people off the LOS

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would imagine that giving the timing of when Enos took the job, he had no clue as to the level of talent that existed on our roster, especially considering the talent was not reflected in our on the field performance and results.

When your starting running back is as good as Deejay Dallas, and the argument can be made that he is the third most talented RB on the team, you have a good situation on your hands. If a third of Deejay's touches are in the passing game (screens, wheel routes, quick slants, etc..) we are in for a real treat this year. That guy, in open space, is a **** nightmare for opposing LB's.

Advertisement
I would imagine that giving the timing of when Enos took the job, he had no clue as to the level of talent that existed on our roster, especially considering the talent was not reflected .....

It’s not that I’m disagreeing with you necessarily, but I don’t know what he knew or didn’t know, but my guess would be is he did have a clue. Because my impression so far is that he is a well-thought-out intelligent person.

The key is how much time did he have between the time he knew there was an offer on the table or possibly an offer on the table for him, and the time he made the decision.

What do you think?

It’s not that I’m disagreeing with you necessarily, but I don’t know what he knew or didn’t know, but my guess would be is he did have a clue. Because my impression so far is that he is a well-thought-out intelligent person.

The key is how much time did he have between the time he knew there was an offer on the table or possibly an offer on the table for him, and the time he made the decision.

What do you think?
Good points.

I remember Diaz stating that it was actually Enos who called him, asking for the job. That leaves me to believe that he knew about the type of talent that Miami has in our back yard and I definitely think he knew we are a sleeping giant. However, the reason why Ibsaid I don't think he had a clue as to the level of talent is because during spring practices, he stated that he was still watching film on some of the players and from what he is gathering from the films, he is "encouraged and ecstatic about the talent that he see's."

He was fresh off of a NC title game with Bama. Enos is know to be a very meticulous person. It's no way he had the time to get in the weeds regarding our roster, prior to him accepting the job. So to your point of him being well thought out and intelligent, I think he really believed in Manny's vision and knew that he could write his own ticket if he was the offensive guy that turned things around at Miami.

Of course, it's all speculation, but based on bits and pieces of his interviews, mixed with the timing of everything, my guess is he took the job, without knowing that he would be sitting roster that could immediately be special, this year!

I’m not saying it will be a staple of our offense, but I’m looking forward to seeing DJ Dallas in legitimate wildcat situations. He is too talented to not be utilized and Enos will do it.

DJ at QB

Enos has plenty of weapons, there is no excuse there. This entire year comes down to which QB can step up and can the line hold up long enough to execute.

Good points.

I remember Diaz stating that it was actually Enos who called him, asking for the job. That leaves me to believe that he knew about the type of talent that Miami has in our back yard and I definitely think he knew we are a sleeping giant. However, the reason why Ibsaid I don't think he had a clue as to the level of talent is because during spring practices, he stated that he was still watching film on some of the players and from what he is gathering from the films, he is "encouraged and ecstatic about the talent that he see's."

He was fresh off of a NC title game with Bama. Enos is know to be a very meticulous person. It's no way he had the time to get in the weeds regarding our roster, prior to him accepting the job. So to your point of him being well thought out and intelligent, I think he really believed in Manny's vision and knew that he could write his own ticket if he was the offensive guy that turned things around at Miami.

Of course, it's all speculation, but based on bits and pieces of his interviews, mixed with the timing of everything, my guess is he took the job, without knowing that he would be sitting roster that could immediately be special, this year!

Got you. The keyword being level. Makes sense.

As a matter of fact, not many people that even the follow the team understand the level of talent we have, i.e. and/or the depth of the offensive talent. Because the scheme was so ineffective last year, that it didn’t exploit but only a fraction of the talent that was there.

Advertisement
Did we ever pass out of our wild cat with richt or did we just have dj run left or right

DJ at QB

What will that do exactly? What "mismatch" for maybe 2 plays per game will that create thats worth the possible negaitve outcome?

Certainly not criticizing you. I suspect if you take all film of all teams for past 5 years that run a wildcat play, you will see far more (90%+) "meh" results than hearimg the announcer scream, "he's gonna go all the way for a score!"

Got you. The keyword being level. Makes sense.

As a matter of fact, not many people that even the follow the team understand the level of talent we have, i.e. and/or the depth of the offensive talent. Because the scheme was so ineffective last year, that it didn’t exploit but only a fraction of the talent that was there.

Advertisement
If there was one thing this offense was just downright terrible at was the qb/receiver connection. We were at all time lows in passing yards in 2018. The oline was fine and the rb play was fine. If there is one thing enos will assuredly fix its the passing game which needed the most work. He absolutely knows what he’s doing as 3 of the last 4 stops he’s fielded elite to near elite passing offenses

Advertisement
Back