DJ Dallas

Deejay had 1,260 all-purpose yards on 147 touches in 2018. His breakaway percentage (% of yardage gained on rushes of more than 15 yards) was +54%...second only to Travis Etienne in the ACC. That doesn't include his punt returns (three of which went for 35 yards or greater) or kick returns. He fumbled 4 times. That's one fumble per 36.75 touches.

Those on this board calling Deejay a fat/slow fumbling machine are ignoring the fact that he has proven in live game action versus real competition to be both more reliable and explosive than any other back currently on the roster...including Cam Harris, who fumbled once in 31 touches last season and had a breakaway percentage of 14%. Deejay had twice as many big plays as a freshman.

Advertisement
Here's the combined stats from the 2nd Spring scrimmage & Spring game:

Deejay - 26 for 159 yds - 5.9 ypc - 4 TD
Cam - 23 for 118 yds - 5.1 ypc - 0 TD

It seems weird that people aren't acknowledging how well Deejay played during Spring
For one I remember a few Dallas big runs came against the 2nd and 3rd team in the last 2 scrimmages

Last edited:
I mean....that seems like a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
I know For sure a 45 plus yard run Dallas had was vs the 3rd team as that’s the last drive martell got in the second scrimmage. I mean cam Harris had some big runs vs the backups too. It matters more what they do vs the first team defense regardless

Too many variables going against this to expect a offensive explosion this year.talent yes is there but qb and oline play will determine how explosive.can't believe some here expecting enos to just light it up from the start.you guys aren't allowing that transition phase to take place y'all just need to relax take chill pill a d let a first time hc,players learning a new system a few games to get settled in before expecting a smooth operating operation.
It doesn't necessarily
take long...you can learn enough to compete at a high level in a new system ...it's the amount of reps within the time you have....some coaches don't know how to teach without stopping the flow of practice....I noticed Enos gets more plays and reps outta
his practices...

Advertisement
It doesn't necessarily
take long...you can learn enough to compete at a high level in a new system ...it's the amount of reps within the time you have....some coaches don't know how to teach without stopping the flow of practice....I noticed Enos gets more plays and reps outta
his practices...
Common man why do you expect Diaz and enos to be productive right out the bags here.we finally got a coach who understands the Miami way.why can't you and others just chill and let them do they're thing.things been so mediocre around here for the last 18 years and you others need to face the facts.we really don't how good this team is until it gets game tested against a quality opponent.this team this year can win anywhere from 8-12 games.question is if this team has a difficult time running enos 's offense first half of the season are you others going to go ballistic and cry for changes .

Common man why do you expect Diaz and enos to be productive right out the bags here.we finally got a coach who understands the Miami way.why can't you and others just chill and let them do they're thing.things been so mediocre around here for the last 18 years and you others need to face the facts.we really don't how good this team is until it gets game tested against a quality opponent.this team this year can win anywhere from 8-12 games.question is if this team has a difficult time running enos 's offense first half of the season are you others going to go ballistic and cry for changes .
They definitely have enough blue chip talent to compete at a high level.... Enos is getting top dollar to get it done.....no excuses

Advertisement
Advertisement
Triple option porster from 2yrs ago just hammering his junk with a ball-peen as he read the OP. I hope to God our new OC has better than that. Just my $0.02.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
If there was one thing this offense was just downright terrible at was the qb/receiver connection. We were at all time lows in passing yards in 2018. The oline was fine and the rb play was fine. If there is one thing enos will assuredly fix its the passing game which needed the most work. He absolutely knows what he’s doing as 3 of the last 4 stops he’s fielded elite to near elite passing offenses
View attachment 87607

If yards per attempt=explosiveness and explosive plays=bad. Miami must have had one of the best offenses in college football.

#BBR Bring byke Richt!!

All I want is for DeeJay to not fumble, not run his mouth on Twitter, and not look like he runs with 4 pianos on his back.
That’s why he’s the greatest in everyone’s eyes cause he talks so much. I miss freshman DJ he was amazing to watch.

Advertisement
Back