DJ Dallas

How am I shifting the argument? Your the one going to ruffle feathers by saying he shouldn’t lead us in carries. Everyone’s saying he’s without question our starter and if he is then he should lead us in carries as you want your best guy on the field as much as possible.

And no I’m not shifting the argument. Where else are you going to play him? He’s too big for the slot. He doesn’t have the burst for the end arounds. Unless he sheds 10-15 pounds he’s a pedestrian running back. Judging by the pics I saw of him in the spring, it doesn’t look like it’s happening.

DJ is our strongest runner. He will be the most consistent in short yardage.

He is our best pass blocker.

I think you underestimate his ability in the slot. Motioned out there against a linebacker, he is a mismatch. CBS will be too weak and I think he could take most safeties.

He will do damage with screens, slants, drags, flats, and wheels. When Cam and Lo’s home run ability become a threat, he will do serious damage from 2 back sets with play action to the other guy.

His skills open up the offense AND if used properly, will give Cam and Lo even more big play potential.

He shouldn’t be a 25 carry guy. 10-15 and if he is hot and we are eating clock, give him a few more.

What I want to see are passes designed for him to make life **** on the other teams linebackers.

He had a nice gain against LSU on a screen and we never went back to it. Throwing short passes to him would have made the offense more productive all season long, but no.

Just let Malik chuck ducks up the sideline..... smh.

Advertisement
DJ is our strongest runner. He will be the most consistent in short yardage.

He is our best pass blocker.

I think you underestimate his ability in the slot. Motioned out there against a linebacker, he is a mismatch. CBS will be too weak and I think he could take most safeties.

He will do damage with screens, slants, drags, flats, and wheels. When Cam and Lo’s home run ability become a threat, he will do serious damage from 2 back sets with play action to the other guy.

His skills open up the offense AND if used properly, will give Cam and Lo even more big play potential.

He shouldn’t be a 25 carry guy. 10-15 and if he is hot and we are eating clock, give him a few more.

What I want to see are passes designed for him to make life **** on the other teams linebackers.

He had a nice gain against LSU on a screen and we never went back to it. Throwing short passes to him would have made the offense more productive all season long, but no.

Just let Malik chuck ducks up the sideline..... smh.
In the limited burn Cam got he showed home run ability in the run game and the ability to be a play maker in the passing game on that wheel route against VT.

Advertisement
Correct but now the memo is DJ sucks. The mob hath spoken.

LMAO the literal heart and soul of the offense, a kid who bleeds orange and green, most likely a team captain this year, one of the most positive representations for this program you could possibly have, and a kid who in his first true year playing the position averaged almost 6 YPC on a HORRIBLE offense run by a High School QB and led by a man who called 1 of 3 pass plays every time we threw the football, who is being counted on TREMENDOUSLY by his coaches and peers to lead this team and produce at a high level, is “ruined”, criticized, and written off on a fan message board.

When a rival tells you, “Miami has the worst fanbase in the country”, and your first inkling is to defend yourself and the program, just remember the **** for brains in this thread. Maybe those people are onto something.

LMAO the literal heart and soul of the offense, a kid who bleeds orange and green, most likely a team captain this year, one of the most positive representations for this program you could possibly have, and a kid who in his first true year playing the position averaged almost 6 YPC on a HORRIBLE offense run by a High School QB and led by a man who called 1 of 3 pass plays every time we threw the football, who is being counted on TREMENDOUSLY by his coaches and peers to lead this team and produce at a high level, is “ruined”, criticized, and written off on a fan message board.

When a rival tells you, “Miami has the worst fanbase in the country”, and your first inkling is to defend yourself and the program, just remember the **** for brains in this thread. Maybe those people are onto something.
The good thing about a whole new regime is that his career could be salvaged. Hopefully he loses 20 pounds.

Advertisement
You are retarded dude. Brevin was a true freshman and made the game winning catch against FSU. And on the same drive, JT made the catch over the middle in between 2 defenders. Brevin got hurt and JT missed the last couple games but both of them proved there worth. They showed up big. Dallas fumbled games away for us.

And I don’t need stats to tell em who’s good and who’s not. Those two players you mentioned have NFL aspirations, DeeJay will never sniff a NFL roster. Maybe if he was a scat back like James White but definitely not looking like a bowling ball.

DJ is an NFL player.

He's the first RB with size that we've actually used in the last 5 years. Reducing his weight by any more than a couple lbs would be a mistake.

DJ is an NFL player.

He's the first RB with size that we've actually used in the last 5 years. Reducing his weight by any more than a couple lbs would be a mistake.
Typical response from our fans “DJ is an NFL player.” I’ll be surprised if he ever gets an NFL carry.

People looking at DJ's numbers from last year as if he was the problem with the offense. The O line couldn't block a little league team, the receivers dropped passes like they had greasy hands, the QBs couldnt hit their ballsack with their own limp ****, but DJ, he should have had better numbers when opposing defenses knew when and where he was going to run.

Fresh start. It wasn't the players' fault.
Travis Homer ran for almost a thousand yards with that same OL.

I still think DJ is talented and can have a very good year.

Advertisement
Travis Homer ran for almost a thousand yards with that same OL.

I still think DJ is talented and can have a very good year.
Dallas had 66% of the carries that Homer did also.
Homer averaged 6.0 YPC, Dallas 5.7.

Gus Edwards, Mark Walton, Javarris James, and Damien Berry all have gotten carries in the NFL but you would be surprise if DJ Dallas does?? 🤔
Aside from Gus who is a head scratcher the other three had success here and had good years. DeeJay was an athlete coming here who played quarterback in high school but some thought he’d be a CB. He was this spark who was fun to watch used in a variety of different roles and forced into being a RB in 2017 cause of injuries. Due to lack of depth they bulked him up to be a true running back and diminished his value. It showed in the latter half of there season that he couldn’t carry that weight and be a true running back. In fact he was awful from FSU on. I hope he sheds all that bad weight and turns back into the 2017 version. If not he has no future as a pure RB.

Advertisement
5.7 ypc is not bad. I wonder how much was bad play on the OL or how much was lousy scheme and play-calling.
Dallas did well in the games before FSU but after that he was bad pretty much especially when you add the fumbling issues

5.7 ypc is not bad. I wonder how much was bad play on the OL or how much was lousy scheme and play-calling.
It's respectable enough. I can only imagine better numbers with stronger O line play and better playcalling.

Advertisement
Back