DJ Dallas the ACC's Best RB

Definitely, Khalan laborn just looks more explosive and like a running back compared to Akers imo. I dont Think he’s healthy all the way and he’s barely been used

Yeah laborn, I got three letters right lol

Advertisement
It's of no relevance aside from indulging my general NFL malaise but I think we have a better stable of backs right now than my Steelers. No joke. With James Conner very injury prone I think I'm taking the Canes group.

I think Harris would fit into Pittsburghs scheme well. He's low to the ground, hits the hole hard, and is very fast. Snell and Conner are big bruising backs. Lingard and Dallas are very different style runners than these guys. If Lingard lives up to his 5 star billing then I would agree with your assessment. I would not as of today. Imagining Dallas in a Bell type run game is fun to think about.

I think Harris would fit into Pittsburghs scheme well. He's low to the ground, hits the hole hard, and is very fast. Snell and Conner are big bruising backs. Lingard and Dallas are very different style runners than these guys. If Lingard lives up to his 5 star billing then I would agree with your assessment. I would not as of today. Imagining Dallas in a Bell type run game is fun to think about.

Definitely agree about Harris. I was probably being a bit overdramatic due to today's depression as Conner might be a consistent ProBowl type back when he's healthy. Benny Snell has been thoroughly unimpressive all the way through camp until now and (as was intimated) I don't think they're using Samuels correctly/enough.

So yeah you're probably right that Lo would have to show us at least DeeJay type of production for my original notion to carry water. It's a pretty good spot for us as Canes fans to be in though.

I really like Travis Etienne. I think he's as explosive a back as you see in college football.
After him, I'm taking Deejay Dallas. He does everything.
AJ Dillon is a quality player but it feels like he gets worse every year.
Cam Akers is still living off high school hype. What has he done in college that makes anyone think hes' some incredible talent? Oh, his offensive line isn't good? Deejay says "hold my beer". I still see FSU struggle to run the ball against anyone with a pulse. Akers has more than half his season total in one game against Louisiana Monroe.

As for the Deejay/Cam comparison. I think Deejay does a better job of improvising when the initial hole isn't there. If the hole opens where it's supposed to be, Cam blasts through it like Eric ****erson. However, if the blocking doesn't develop like it's drawn up, he often just runs into the pile for no gain. Deejay will bounce an inside run outside if the hole doesn't develop and seems to have better vision. Now he's gotten a lot more carries over his career than Cam so that may be just an experience sort of thing. I really like both our running backs.

Saying he is 3rd or 4th best (I think 4th) in this conference is the furthest thing from an indictment on him or bashing him in any way. The ACC has a couple of the better NFL caliber backs in the country right now and Etienne just may blossom into a Zeke Elliot type of player given the right OL at the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have Dillon, Akers, Etienne just to name a few. He may not be the best back on our team lol
If you still believe Cam Harris or Lingard are better you simply arent paying attention. Could they be better? maybe in a year or 2. But rn its not even close

Etienne
Dillon
Dallas

Cam Akers has worlds potential but hasnt done **** so Im not just gonna give it to him
exactly, he hasn’t. That’s not what’s expected of a #1 rb in the country whatsoever
2017 5.3 ypc
2018 4.4 ypc
2019 5.6 ypc(while playing 2 non power 5 teams out of 3 games)

If you still believe Cam Harris or Lingard are better you simply arent paying attention. Could they be better? maybe in a year or 2. But rn its not even close
“Not even close” I dont Know about that . Cam has had 2 55 plus yard runs called back and if not you would be saying different imo. He has ran very well this year and when lingard is ready he will too

Advertisement
Hey a (mostly) positive thread about our players!

Strong Damien Berry vibes from DJ Dallas -- which is a strong compliment from me. We can win big with guys like those 2.

ACC RB's that ive watched this year

1. Etienne ( Most Explosive)
2. Dillon ( Best combination if Strength SPeed)
3. DJ Dallas Looks much improved this year still about 5-7 pounds overweight IMO would improve quickness
4. AKers looks better this year is getting more north/south instead of trying to bounce everything outside

Advertisement
Kid has and gives an extra effort that some may just not have in them. Glad he’s a Cane. He’s in the “elite” category in my book.

Right now, DJ is simply doing a lot more ....with a lot less talent surrounding him ....so I'm sticking with my opinion.

I'm not arguing who has the most natural talent....I'm talking results/getting it done.

So glad he's a Cane

You have Dillon, Akers, Etienne just to name a few. He may not be the best back on our team lol

Not even close. I will give you Akers and Etienne. Ive seen Akers every game this yr and he is not better than Dallas.

Advertisement
Back