DJ Dallas the ACC's Best RB

Advertisement
Both Dillion and Akers have 67 and 69 carries so far in three games. And DJ has " half " the number of carries. Yet is producing more running yards behind a young line. So from the perspective he is the BEST BACK in the shady ACC for the eternal moment. dUh

Someone wrote an article that Deejay Dallas is the best RB in the ACC? And someone read it? And that person is allowed to continue to write articles? These are volunteer writers, I assume. Like a Make-A-Wish type of thing?

I love Deejay and particulary like HOW he's running this year. That being said, Travis Etienne has proven himself for a lot longer.

As much of a Homer as i am........it's really, really, really hard not to say Travis Etienne isn't the best RB in the ACC

I made the mistake of marrying a clem$on fan, and unfortunately get the "pleasure" of watching many of their games. I don't really see it with Etienne. He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs, as far as running style. He does a good job of playing behind his pads and punishing defenders, hits the gap hard and gets N-S right away, and has plenty of speed in the open field. He just doesn't look that dynamic to me. A LOT of his scores come on plays where he runs through a MASSIVE hole, follows one block, and is never touched. I don't get the hype on him.

Could just be the hate, though. clem$on disgusts me.

That said, who ******* cares where your position players rank among their conference peers when it's the second week of September and your team is 1-2... I don't need a ranking to admit/declare that I'm a big ******* fan of Deejay Dallas.

Advertisement
I love Deejay and particulary like HOW he's running this year. That being said, Travis Etienne has proven himself for a lot longer.

Yes, the dude from Clemson has been the better back longer. But this is about THIS SEASON! And so far DJ is better than Etienne, Akers or Dillion. Also, your boy Etienne DIDN'T do crap against either mighty A&M or an overrated Cuse' squad. The vast majority of Etienne's rushing yards ( 209 ) came against LOWLY GA Tech. A Wrecked Rambler team which probably will win ONE game this season. Yikes

Oh. And one more notion. DJ goes for " 94 yards " on only 11 carries against that NASTY FRONT SEVEN of mighty Florida. GET OUTTA' HERE!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. 99% of Cane fandom HATE mighty Florida. So what. Florida's FRONT SEVEN is still nasty and what not!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the dude from Clemson has been the better back longer. But this is about THIS SEASON! And so far DJ is better than Etienne, Akers or Dillion. Also, your boy Etienne DIDN'T do crap against either mighty A&M or an overrated Cuse' squad. The vast majority of Etienne's rushing yards ( 209 ) came against LOWLY GA Tech. A Wrecked Rambler team which probably will win ONE game this season. Yikes

Oh. And one more notion. DJ goes for " 94 yards " on only 11 carries against that NASTY FRONT SEVEN of mighty Florida. GET OUTTA' HERE!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. 99% of Cane fandom HATE mighty Florida. So what. Florida's FRONT SEVEN is still nasty and what not!!!!!!!!!!

Animated-picture-of-rolling-eyes.gif

Isn't Etienne averaging like 10 yards per carry?

No! What the dude from Clemson got's going is a VETERAN offensive line and playing on a defending NC team, which has been dominant in the conference for several seasons now. In other words, U put DJ on that Clemson squad and he'd be 1st team ACC.

Advertisement
I'm as big a Dallas fan as there is...He's definite top 5.

But off top I'd go Akers and Etienne over him, and that's not a slight on DJD

Advertisement

Ok, I'll make a deal with you: If our boy Deejay runs for 210+ yards against GA Tech, I'll concede that Deejay is indeed the better back in 2019. Please know that I will be rooting FOR YOU (and Deejay).

Go Canes!

Advertisement
As much of a Homer as i am........it's really, really, really hard not to say Travis Etienne isn't the best RB in the ACC
I am pretty sure DJ is a much better blocker than Etienne who is probably a better overall runner. I remember Etienne getting benched against Clemson as a Freshmen vs Bama because he couldn't block.

Advertisement
Back