DJ Dallas the ACC's Best RB

Clemson RB
BC RB
Akers

Off top of my head are all better
Akers May be more talented but he ain’t better than Dallas. They were essentially the same type of player in highschool, explosive athletes that were the qbs on their team although Akers is a better athlete. Both had to make the transition to rb their freshman year. So far deejay had a better sophmore year and is off to a better start to their junior campaign. Remember Akers is getting all of these Carries vs 2 fcs schools so far averaging 5.6 yoc while deejay has only played 1 fcs schools so far in addition to a top 10 team and another power 5 school averaging 8.4 ypc

Advertisement
He's toting the rock..... Vision is great and his patience to hit the lane is awesome. Hes nothing fancy but he gets the job done on all levels. Gr8 Prototypical old school back with good hands.

Advertisement
Akers is the most talented RB in the ACC. He has great speed, toughness, and finishes runs. What’s really special about him is his balance. It’s truly elite. He’s playing behind no OL and an awful offense. Yet, he’s still producing good numbers.
Etienne looks fast but hasn’t shown good vision or intangibles so far this season from what I’ve watched.
Dillon hasn’t played well since his frosh year IMO. He looks a step slower.
Now...Dallas has been a pleasant surprise this season. I thought Harris would take over and boy I was wrong. Dallas was the best player on the field against UF. The way he’s breaking tackles and seeing holes is second to none. I get excited every time they hand the ball off to him. I haven’t felt that way since Duke was back there. Dallas could play his way into getting drafted if he keeps this up. So far on the field this season Dallas is the ACC’s best RB.

Akers is the most talented RB in the ACC. He has great speed, toughness, and finishes runs. What’s really special about him is his balance. It’s truly elite. He’s playing behind no OL and an awful offense. Yet, he’s still producing good numbers.
Etienne looks fast but hasn’t shown good vision or intangibles so far this season from what I’ve watched.
Dillon hasn’t played well since his frosh year IMO. He looks a step slower.
Now...Dallas has been a pleasant surprise this season. I thought Harris would take over and boy I was wrong. Dallas was the best player on the field against UF. The way he’s breaking tackles and seeing holes is second to none. I get excited every time they hand the ball off to him. I haven’t felt that way since Duke was back there. Dallas could play his way into getting drafted if he keeps this up. So far on the field this season Dallas is the ACC’s best RB.

That's all I'm saying... this season. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's of no relevance aside from indulging my general NFL malaise but I think we have a better stable of backs right now than my Steelers. No joke. With James Conner very injury prone I think I'm taking the Canes group.

Advertisement
It's of no relevance aside from indulging my general NFL malaise but I think we have a better stable of backs right now than my Steelers. No joke. With James Conner very injury prone I think I'm taking the Canes group.

Steelers need to get Jaylen Samuels the ball

Steelers need to get Jaylen Samuels the ball

Of course they do but our OC is Larry the Effing Cable Guy's older brother.

I guaranteeeee you hear this clown say that the gameplan doesn't change whether Ben is QB or now that Rudolph is.

Screenshot_20190916-151945_Gallery.jpg

Cam Ackers as well. I hate FSU, but that kid is doing really good being the only real weapon FSU has. If Dallas was running behind the FSU line, his numbers go wayyyy down as well.

I don’t think he’s the best rb on his own team , always thought he was meh. Tarbor or whatever his name is looks more explosive and just a better rb.

I don’t think he’s the best rb on his own team , always thought he was meh. Tarbor or whatever his name is looks more explosive and just a better rb.
Definitely, Khalan laborn just looks more explosive and like a running back compared to Akers imo. I dont Think he’s healthy all the way and he’s barely been used

Advertisement
Perhaps.

I think Dallas is really fortunate to be playing in this O. It will make him look great, because the D has so many other weapons to worry about. I was skeptical of Enos, but the bigger picture is starting to come into view, and I like it.

For the record, Dallas might not be the most talented RB on his own team, but I am darn happy with how he is playing. He does everything well, and that's what you need in this O.

Okay, so we’ve benched Patchan on defense and now we’ve benched Dallas on offense. CiS experts are on fire.

Who’s next?

Advertisement
Averaging over 100yrds a game RB and 70%+, zero pics at QB and we're 1-2
Okay, so we’ve benched Patchan on defense and now we’ve benched Dallas on offense. CiS experts are on fire.

Who’s next?

You forgot Williams..."Kosi looked good vs BCC"

I made the mistake of marrying a clem$on fan, and unfortunately get the "pleasure" of watching many of their games. I don't really see it with Etienne. He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs, as far as running style. He does a good job of playing behind his pads and punishing defenders, hits the gap hard and gets N-S right away, and has plenty of speed in the open field. He just doesn't look that dynamic to me. A LOT of his scores come on plays where he runs through a MASSIVE hole, follows one block, and is never touched. I don't get the hype on him.

Could just be the hate, though. clem$on disgusts me.

That said, who ******* cares where your position players rank among their conference peers when it's the second week of September and your team is 1-2... I don't need a ranking to admit/declare that I'm a big ******* fan of Deejay Dallas.
He can't run between the tackles whatsoever, he has to get to the outside or as you pointed out.... have a gaping hole where nobody touches him. He is overrated

Advertisement
Back