DJ Coleman, DE/OLB, Jacksonville St.

Advertisement
Two deep of:
DE - Agude / Moultrie
DT - Mesidor / LT
DT - Lichtenstein / JHH
DE - DJ Coleman / Jahfari

DT depth worries me but I believe Mesidor was talked about as interior DL, so not necessarily an edge rusher. But probably has that versatility (similar to Lichtenstein).

That two deep would make me feel A LOT better about winning the coastal and being a dark horse team.
I think Mesidor to SC based on what I heard last night…

We have potentially 7-8 portal spots left, right? That is if expected guys leave. Let's keep adding. I'm all for it.

@Liberty City El posted this link to this video of Coleman in the Transfer Portal thread. I don't have a photographic memory like LCE does, but I did remember this clip.

Wait so he’s #12?? I thought he was #2

Im watching those fsu highlights like **** see if #12 wanna come here too lol

I don't know what's in the condensed game, but I watched two full games when I got the tip on him a couple weeks ago and he looks like a definite take for me. Legit 6'6, lean, former basketball kid, has sack production and is athletic enough to play in space.

He needs technical and non-physical development, but scouts have him on the NFL radar. We need length and talent at DE badly. When Chantz got nicked, Thomas Davis and Cyrus Moss were getting first-team reps.
I liked thomas david hs film at edge,he looked explosive but if he’s getting first team reps and multiple people have said he’s been our most impressive egde then…We need to hit the portal hard lol. Still think we need a big 1T too

Advertisement
Well I view the DL as more of a rotational type of position. I heard on a podcast that Jordan Davis from UGA played in like 40% of snaps last year. Crazy state considering his production.

So if we do end up getting another 1-2 DL transfers, I'm projecting that those guys will ended up getting a higher % of snaps but that guys like Jahfari, Elijah, Chantz, JHH, etc will still get good playing time.

This is exactly what people don’t seem to get. It’s like they’re not watching the games.

They’ve got this fixed state of mind, where they think “starter “and that guy is playing all the snaps. There is a ton of rotation on the defensive line pretty much in every program in the country.

Guys like this potentially coming in just add more pieces to that rotation. Also saying players like Chantz are not valuable is not remotely close to being true. He made plays last year, is he what we would’ve wanted him to be at this point yet? No. But he contributes. He’s a guy. That’s what we have on the Dline - it’s not overly talented, and overly deep with talent, but we need what we have because right now that’s what we have to make do with.

Advertisement
Coldeman paired with Aguado at DE would give us the most experienced DL in football history along with Moultrie, Lichtenstein, Miller. That would be 5 DL who have been in school for 5+ seasons.
That's a lot of age and experience, that's for sure.

Ima keep my thoughts to myself on this one, I dont want an off topic infraction lol.

But anyways to the original topic at hand, can't wait for coleman to plant either another flag on the Noles, or planting that sorry *** qb they have in Tallahassee into the dirt. ****, hopefully its both, multiple times.

Advertisement
As a black man who's also native American with some jews in my family, and I may speak for many of em on here...

That was dumb asf. Until you're beaten and systematically judged for 400 years, or chased off of your own land or massacred because of your race/religion.... you can kindly STFU on that subject please and thank you. You don't know our plight. And eff that article.
No one is hurting anyone feelings on here, and if so, he or she would let the maudes know and it will stop.
@Cryptical Envelopment

We’re family here I love you both and everyone will (almost) always have good points in a discussion. Bettering yourself is great and we all can do better daily. We aren’t bashing each other here and when it happens we fix it and band the bad eggs. Hug and move on

For fūcks sake, can we pause the virtue signaling and get back to the topic at hand: the relative merits of this possible addition from the portal.

I, for one, don’t know of anyone better that’s available right now in that type of hybrid/rushing position, an area where we could use an additional infusion of talent.

I sure hope it’s in the works and that we can add him to the mix. If the numbers seem right, there are still several positions/slots that we can add to through the portal. This is one of the areas where improvements are needed in terms of depth/talent.

Advertisement
Btw for the ones who chose to come at me about Chantz and Harvey....when Chantz got nicked, it was Thomas Davis and Moss playing according to D$. U man think every transfer coming in and the players who played the most are gonna have to leave. That would leave us in exactly the same position we are now. Give your heads a wobble. They coming in to give competition to players who have been playing to see if they all can raise their games. Some players are not good enough to play here. Harvey and Chantz does not fall in that category.
Harvey from what I saw last year is not a starter on this team. Take that however you want. If hes starting, we are in deep trouble. Chantz ill give a slight mulligan but hes stiff. We have 4 DE coaches and not one will be able to help with that.

There is a reason Mario is bringing in TWO "ready to play NOW" DEs. And its not because he has the warm and fuzzies about who are potential starters could be. (Chantz and Harvey) Just to give an example..I dont see him scouring the portal to bring in any Safeties.. Wonder why? Hmmm.

Harvey from what I saw last year is not a starter on this team. Take that however you want. If hes starting, we are in deep trouble. Chantz ill give a slight mulligan but hes stiff. We have 4 DE coaches and not one will be able to help with that.

There is a reason Mario is bringing in TWO "ready to play NOW" DEs. And its not because he has the warm and fuzzies about who are potential starters could be. (Chantz and Harvey) Just to give an example..I dont see him scouring the portal to bring in any Safeties.. Wonder why? Hmmm.
You are still missing the point homie. DL is a position where you want atleast 12 guys who you can trust to rotate in and out and keep everybody fresh and still have the same production and execution on every play. Count 12 guys across the DL and don't include Harvey and Chantz. And thats with the transfers. Make a list here then. DL is not like DB where u can keep the same guys on the field. They are big bodied players who get winded way quicker than smaller players.

Advertisement
Back