DJ Coleman, DE/OLB, Jacksonville St.

backing up homer simpson GIF
homer running in place GIF

Advertisement
On a more serious note, between he and Agude, that would be some serious wingspans we have on the edges. Some real NFL body types
Combined with J Williams and C smith, it’s going to be tough for teams to get to the boundary on us. Some serious length on that defense in most spots.

Coleman needs an offer first.... He's visiting with his former HS coach who continues to help him...

Ferman spoke with his coach earlier today:

Coleman and Ransom met with Mario Cristobal this morning and remain hopeful there will be an offer given.

“That’s why we’re here, don’t know yet, though,” Ransom said.

Ransom says the Cane visit is “going great” so far. There are no plans for more visits at this point, although USF reached out this morning and could wind up getting a look if the Canes don’t have a scholarship spot. “He will go back to Jacksonville State this weekend and we’ll talk about things after,” Ransom said.
I thought he had an offer??

I am ignorant in evaluationg talent and I trust
I don't know what's in the condensed game, but I watched two full games when I got the tip on him a couple weeks ago and he looks like a definite take for me. Legit 6'6, lean, former basketball kid, has sack production and is athletic enough to play in space.

He needs technical and non-physical development, but scouts have him on the NFL radar. We need length and talent at DE badly. When Chantz got nicked, Thomas Davis and Cyrus Moss were getting first-team reps.
are you concerned about the level of competition he played against? I know he is very productive but in ACC play he will be going up against better players. You and @Liberty City El are usually spot on with evals so as a noob and as a rule of thumb I trust you guys based in your track record. I guess my big fear is that we are getting a JAG that was succesful because of the comp level and not a serious P5 difference maker.

Two deep of:
DE - Agude / Moultrie
DT - Mesidor / LT
DT - Lichtenstein / JHH
DE - DJ Coleman / Jahfari

DT depth worries me but I believe Mesidor was talked about as interior DL, so not necessarily an edge rusher. But probably has that versatility (similar to Lichtenstein).

That two deep would make me feel A LOT better about winning the coastal and being a dark horse team.

That’s a Starting lineup full of JAGs. A Jacksonville state DE not better than Harvey and a West Virginia DT not better than LT.

Advertisement
I am ignorant in evaluationg talent and I trust

are you concerned about the level of competition he played against? I know he is very productive but in ACC play he will be going up against better players. You and @Liberty City El are usually spot on with evals so as a noob and as a rule of thumb I trust you guys based in your track record. I guess my big fear is that we are getting a JAG that was succesful because of the comp level and not a serious P5 difference maker.
The thing with Coleman is that he has tools. His length and athleticism are high P5 level. That makes me feel better about the production.

Advertisement
He looks like someone who causes disruption through hustle... Hopefully can get him to play smart

Advertisement
You are still missing the point homie. DL is a position where you want atleast 12 guys who you can trust to rotate in and out and keep everybody fresh and still have the same production and execution on every play. Count 12 guys across the DL and don't include Harvey and Chantz. And thats with the transfers. Make a list here then. DL is not like DB where u can keep the same guys on the field. They are big bodied players who get winded way quicker than smaller players.
For the record, I never said Harvey or Chantz should hit the portal. I said they shoudnlt be starting. They can play in our 2 deep so that Moss and NKelly wont have to play right away. But I just would rather Aguade and another DE (Coleman?) relieve Harvey and Chantz of those roles.

Advertisement
From everything I’ve read in this thread so far, my conclusion is that he is still in the evaluation process.

Otherwise he would already have an offer and based on a couple of posts here, as of last night, he still didn’t.

can we remove all the karens and the all the responses and chat about maricon stuff and get back to the atrocious state of the DL?

I just did this -- even to a couple posts I found personally funny (@PIPO and @Juvenal in particular) -- and it cut like 2.5 pages from the thread, lol.

So about the DJ Coleman... he seems like an athletic pass rusher who plays with a lot of effort and has the sort of wingspan that makes him a problem for college OTs. Hopefully we get him in the fold soon.

Having 100% of our starting defensive line room from transfers is F'ing disgusting and a disgrace by Manny and staff. Obviously LT, JHH, Harvey could start and will play a ton of snaps regardless but having potentially 4 transfers starting on our defensive line is something that should never happen here.

Well...that's why Manny is no longer here. And yeah, it's a great point. I never actually thought about it. I was too busy being distracted by the linebacker room

Advertisement
Back