Discussion: WR board

I would take a 2nd back too, I don't think they are a lock to do so, but I hope they do. Especially with Chaney already banged up and needing surgery.
4 rbs on the roster already makes me nervous. Could you imagine if there's 3 next year? Need at least 5 at all times.

Advertisement
I think minimum 2 DE is a must...If Jaelen Phillips has ANY type of year I can't see this kid wanting to stay in school forever...Rousseau's gone. I personally can't see Brissett being a DE despite the experiment, but even if you count him I don't want to get caught light here. I wouldn't even argue with a 3rd but agree there is bigger needs.
I highly doubt Phillip's declares he doesnt have enough tape and even then. You have jafari harvery,cam William's, chantz williams, Quentin William's, Elijah Robert's and blisset I think all depends on how his body is. I want to save the space for de in the 22 class those kids are high end d1 kids and alot of them

I think we can take one of the Slot-backs who are also RB's & use them as a RB as well.

That's why I like Yul in that spot, to me he's a better RB than Daniels. I think taking a 2nd RB if it's Daniels is a waste of a spot because he's limited in upside, he's a high floor low ceiling type of player that isn't multi-use.

Yulkeith can play both RB & Slot at the next level.
I like yul alot I just dont know where he is leaning like LSU is his "dream school" does that mean he's waiting on a commitable and were in 2nd or is it an excuse to keep away miami

Brinson
Nabers
George
Yulkeith

Brinson & lil Yul are the two that are difficult to gauge, more than likely leans to other schools right now but maybe with a winning season can convince them to stay home.

George is gonna recommit to Miami next week, good job by the staff getting him back.

Nabers is a kid you pursue until he signs on the dotted line, he's not a take for LSU this class so work hard to bring him in & that would be a huge victory to snag him from SEC country.

The comparison for Brashard Smith is Kadarius Toney, if that's the case, what's so special about Toney? He's been pretty average most of his career at UF, yes I know he had 1 66yd TD reception vs Miami and all, but if Bandy wasn't being held on the play & if our DB's could actually tackle that game he would've been wrapped up for a much lesser gain.

IMO Toney is just gadget player that works in Mullen's offense because they design specific plays to force feed him the ball, but if you really look at his career numbers, he's only scored 2TD's in 3 years & hasn't had more than 300yds receiving his whole career, his impact is vastly over stated.
I Yulkeith and George the most... for some reason I like them more so than all the other guys. I like Brinson too, you can tell he is a pure play maker. I still think the offense is a year away from being able to grab whomever we want.

Last edited:
Can we just get a Travis Benjamin (speed/moves) or Philip Dorset (speed for days) clone? Any of these guys like them?

Throw in a Leonard Hankerson (all hail Duper lolz) or Tommy Streeter (junior year) for some size? Any of these dudes like them?

Not even gonna be greedy and ask for a Stacy Coley / AR15 type (gotta win 10 games before you can expect that Diaz). Just keep it simple and get some ballers who can fit a key need

Advertisement
Can we just get a Travis Benjamin (speed/moves) or Philip Dorset (speed for days) clone? Any of these guys like them?

Throw in a Leonard Hankerson (all hail Duper lolz) or Tommy Streeter (junior year) for some size? Any of these dudes like them?

Not even gonna be greedy and ask for a Stacy Coley / AR15 type (gotta win 10 games before you can expect that Diaz). Just keep it simple and get some ballers who can fit a key need
I miss the deep balls to Benjamin and Dorsett. Don't forget Collier speed too. Give me those types with good hands.

I highly doubt Phillip's declares he doesnt have enough tape and even then. You have jafari harvery,cam William's, chantz williams, Quentin William's, Elijah Robert's and blisset I think all depends on how his body is. I want to save the space for de in the 22 class those kids are high end d1 kids and alot of them

I think with any year phillips declares...With a healthy season he will have about 25 college games to his credit. I do agree about the 22 kids. I still think 2 is a must this year

Roberts isn't a DE, I doubt Blissett is but who knows, he is being tried there. Roberts a 3 tech all the way.

I think with any year phillips declares...With a healthy season he will have about 25 college games to his credit. I do agree about the 22 kids. I still think 2 is a must this year

Roberts isn't a DE, I doubt Blissett is but who knows, he is being tried there. Roberts a 3 tech all the way.
I disagree with Phillips declaring simply csz nfl is gonna wanna him stay healthy for more than one season but I can be wrong. Robert's is gonna start out at de but he is a dt all the way I agree

That was at Gulliver, though. Lot of cupcakes on that schedule.

Don't get me wrong-- I like Yul and think he can play here. But I would rank Smith higher and expect that he will ultimately be recruited by higher level schools. I could see Yul ending up at a place like Nebraska.
I HATE Nebraska and would hate it if a talented kid like Yul goes there. But totally see the trajectory there based on last year’s kids they pulled.

Love Smith. He’s so quick to bang a kid or a juke a kid immediately after the catch. Highlights are highlights but I keep finding myself going back to his. Did the same with Knighton last year.

Advertisement

we have one now...but they suck at recruitng cbs and have no speed at that position so they recruited him as a corner.
Kid out of Fort Myers is moving with the ball in his hands.

I like yul alot I just dont know where he is leaning like LSU is his "dream school" does that mean he's waiting on a commitable and were in 2nd or is it an excuse to keep away miami
He was just a LSU fan & after seeing them go undefeated he probably just like most kids is hoping on the LSU bandwagon.

But he most likely is not a take for LSU, which means every other school recruiting him has chance.

Agree. Take Ish and go BIG on all the kids in S Florida in the 2022 class! Studs!!!

Advertisement
When @Canedog sleepin, RVA creepin.

:xvfmlqq: :muscat::snoopfacepalm::u5pyxda:
@John77 if you think I’ll have any restraint on you because of my enslaved mod status, if you start with the negative votes I will absolutely start annihilating you again and/or infract you for being a serial downvoter and not give 2 *****... and no one else will either because you outright suck.

Consider yourself formally warned.

After watching SMU film, I believe our RB2 must be a combo WR/APB. Thus, how about this haul...

RB: Thad Franklin and Brashard Smith
WR: Mello Brinson, Jacolby George and Yul Brown
STK/WR: Chase Smith

JMO...
Great analysis, thats y i said months ago to after Leary as a RB 2. I know hes not an RB but hes built like one and can be used as one in this O.

I really like all the players you posted. 10 win season n we are in play for all of them.

Advertisement

We offered back in January, he's a Canes legacy being TE Willie Smith son & his HC at Bayside played for Manny at Miss St.

Its unclear if the staff is recruiting him but he has said he likes Miami a lot, if we were to recruit him it would really difficult to not land him, we'd literally have to try not to, but this is Miami & we're the best at making the easiest & most obvious thing the more difficult than it should.

Seriously?! It's "unclear if the staff is recruiting him"?! Wtf? Please tell me this is a joke. Kid is one of the easiest takes in years.

@John77 if you think I’ll have any restraint on you because of my enslaved mod status, if you start with the negative votes I will absolutely start annihilating you again and/or infract you for being a serial downvoter and not give 2 *****... and no one else will either because you outright suck.

Consider yourself formally warned.
You two have beef with each other or something?

I think the ideal class is Alexis/Brinson/George and then one of Smith/Brown as a hybrid type player. If we can’t get Alexis then I hope they stay on Brooks as a possible (unlikely) flip as well as the out of state targets like Nabers. There are some good players with offers. However, we need to go hard for Alexis.

Advertisement
Back